Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Just now, KDawg said:

@HTTRDynasty

No. He actually mocks that the Skins take Young... because of Snyder. He says they should take him but the injury concern and the owner, they won’t.

He says that later in response to a new question, but that's not what I'm referring to.

At 0:56, he says "If I'm Washington and I knew for a fact I was getting 10 years of Tua healthy and 100%, then yeah, of course I'm gonna take him.  But I don't know that, so I'm gonna take Chase Young".

He also says later that Young is the outlier to QB mania because he's the best player in this draft.

The injury risk with Tua is obviously a huge factor in his eyes and from what he said, he'd take Young over Tua as a result. 

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

@HTTRDynasty

No. He actually mocks that the Skins take Young... because of Snyder. He says they should take him but the injury concern and the owner, they won’t.

I have to believe that all decisions are final under RR.  When JG gave Snyder his recommendations on RR I think RR wanted and got final say.  JMO. 

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

He says that later in response to a new question, but that's not what I'm referring to.

At 0:56, he says "If I'm Washington and I knew for a fact I was getting 10 years of Tua healthy and 100%, then yeah, of course I'm gonna take him.  But I don't know that, so I'm gonna take Chase Young".

He also says later that Young is the outlier to QB mania because he's the best player in this draft.

The injury risk with Tua is obviously a huge factor in his eyes and from what he said, he'd take Young over Tua as a result. 

I think it’s kinda in the same vein. But who knows anymore.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I have to believe that all decisions are final under RR.  When JG gave Snyder his recommendations on RR I think RR wanted and got final say.  JMO. 

I think so, too. But the media doesn’t believe that yet.

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

@HTTRDynasty

Eh. The Snyder comment was there but was more of an aside and McShay spent all of 5-10 seconds on it. He spent almost a full minute talking about Tua's injury and durability concerns. That's the biggest issue. Do you take a guy at #2 overall who has had an injury history going all the way back to high school? Who's had at at least 3 surgeries for injuries just since he's been in college? Do you truly think he'll suddenly turn into Mr Durability after he gets into the NFL? History seems to say it's unlikely. 

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

That's the biggest issue. Do you take a guy at #2 overall who has had an injury history going all the way back to high school? Who's had at at least 3 surgeries for injuries just since he's been in college? Do you truly think he'll suddenly turn into Mr Durability after he gets into the NFL? History seems to say it's unlikely. 

I am NOT a DH guy, but seeing the injury history laid out like my weekly grocery list would give me pause too 

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Eh. The Snyder comment was there but was more of an aside and McShay spent all of 5-10 seconds on it. He spent almost a full minute talking about Tua's injury and durability concerns. That's the biggest issue. Do you take a guy at #2 overall who has had an injury history going all the way back to high school? Who's had at at least 3 surgeries for injuries just since he's been in college? Do you truly think he'll suddenly turn into Mr Durability after he gets into the NFL? History seems to say it's unlikely. 

Especially after seeing the ways some of those injuries happened.  Most of them were on routine, run-of-the-mill tackles.  It's not like we're seeing freak accidents like we saw with RGIII's leg whipping up into Ngata.  It's very concerning the way his body responds to these relatively harmless tackles in college.

1 hour ago, skinny21 said:

So I think I’ve figured out why exactly I want to stick with Haskins.  Obviously Young (or a trade back I’d it comes to that) plays a big part, but...

Haskins has shown me enough to believe he has the goods in terms of tangible tools.  The major thing I’m waiting to see (which could sink the whole ship) is the intangible effort/preparation/maturity angle.  

Tua, on the other hand, I have no real concerns about the intangibles.  With him, though I have a major concern on the number one tangible aspect of qbing (and playing in the League period) - availability.  

So it’s a bit of a toss-up between the two for me.  I might lean toward Tua a bit, but this is where weighing in Young comes into play.  So I’m in the ride with Haskins for this year camp.  

It might be the wrong choice, I have no idea, but I don’t think I’ll have any real regrets about the decision.  

I also believe that every year there are more potentially elite QBs than DE. Every year there's always one projected top QB and one QB that comes in and kills it through the year plus the usual "underrated" guy. This year it's Tua/Burrow/Herbert. Next year it's Lawrence/???/Fields. 

If Haskins busts then we'll draft high enough to try someone else. Young is someone that doesn't happen to be there every draft.

This is what I imagine is the plan.  I believe that Rivera and JDR are absolutely giddy for the opportunity to draft Chase Young and something extraordinary would have to occur to tear Young from their hands.  The first would be they conclude that Haskins is a sure-fire bust and that Tua or Burrow is a sure-fire franchise QB with a long career in front of him (Tua).  The second thing would be an absurd amount of very high draft picks for the #2 pick.  An offer so over the top that they couldn't refuse.

As such, if I was a betting man, I would put all my money on them drafting Chase Young...

...but I would be scared to death.

Here's the view from twitter, as best as I can tell lol...

Haskins trying to learn the playbook, according to Gottlieb's source:

giphy.gif

Skins fans on twitter, after reading Gottlieb's tweet:

giphy.gif

How Skins fans on twitter, who want to ride with Haskins, view Tua:

giphy.gif

What about Justin Herbert. Talking heads saying he may go top 5. 6'6" with a laser beam and can move too.

Could be Carson Wentz esque.

At two you keep ALL options open.  Or do we overthink it miss Young with a qb on the roster that is plenty capable in Haskins who looked damn good late.

The Washington Redskins’ culture was a huge topic of discussion last season. Former team president Bruce Allen described it as “damn good” back in October, but many called Allen’s bluff. Rapoport sheds light on how Washington has been perceived under its new regime.

“Getting rid of Bruce Allen raised the overall respect, the Q-rating of the organization, and cleared away some of the nonsense,” he began. “The new regime in general is something that’s gotten the Redskins more respect.”

The NFL Network reporter also suggests under what scenario the Redskins would take Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa at number two.

“If they literally had to take Tua because this is going to be one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL for the next 15 years, I think they’d take him there and figure out everything else.”

https://theteam980.com/141803/ian-rapoport-on-redskins-culture-trent-williams-and-teams-number-two-pick/

Man, I **** with Dwayne and respect the way he's responding to all this challenge. I'm rooting for the dude to succeed. He's got very good to elite level growth/adaptation traits.  The man grows as he goes, from college to the pros, and he might take a step back at first with this new offense, but that steady progress will come right back like it has the past 2 years and the success will come (hopefully and if the right support structures stay in place).

2 minutes ago, Thirtyfive2seven said:

I just watched some Instagram post from Haskins and all I could was rgiii in all the bad ways.  Posting a workout, dancing around, idk. I want him to be successful because of the impact of taking a bust but I just don’t see it. 

Based on 15 seconds of video? That's really impressive. 

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

I don't. No. But I am also not a doctor. :)

Starting to think RR sees Haskins as the last symbol of the previous admin’s dysfunction and wouldn’t mind cutting him loose if he had the chance. Way too much smoke about interest in other QBs and way too little commitment made to Haskins from the team. Even if they are all smokescreens, I don’t think an NFL team would create any doubt in their faith in their QB just for leverage in deals. That position is too important. Haven’t heard anything close to that in New York with the Giants and Daniel Jones. 

I think Dan stood on the table last year and made that pick of Haskins out of desperation and now probably sees that it was hasty and is open to moving on if Rivera wants to.

I think DH will start week one but I feel like he has to hit the ground running because the minute they start losing, I think a change will be made and he won’t get another chance to reclaim the job. 

i feel bad for the kid because he got caught up in dysfunction and that’s going to stunt his growth 

Hopefully he just balls out and kills the debate off early. 

7 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:
Again, probably nothing. Probably Rivers’ agent talking bs. But even then the agent probably knows the Skins are secretly looking at QBs so while it’s exaggerated, there is some truth in there. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if there is a 2019 Tannehill - Mariota situation here at some point this season 

Not sure about Rivers. I'm all for a capable vet coming in, but last year Rivers was handing out picks like roofies at a Cosby house party. 

I'm sure there's a cheaper alternative. 

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:
Again, probably nothing. Probably Rivers’ agent talking bs. But even then the agent probably knows the Skins are secretly looking at QBs so while it’s exaggerated, there is some truth in there. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if there is a 2019 Tannehill - Mariota situation here at some point this season 

I’d much rather start 2020 with Haskins than Rivers. I can’t think of many things that’d be worse than signing that old fart... though it wouldn’t hurt our chances at Trevor Lawrence.

Archived