Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Somehow most will be perplexed why Haskins will be short with the media in the future lol These stories and reports are out of control. This dude is being drug around back and forth. 

The fan in me just hopes he’s built for it all, but it’s on an extreme level. 

25 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Somehow most will be perplexed why Haskins will be short with the media in the future lol These stories and reports are out of control. This dude is being drug around back and forth. 

The fan in me just hopes he’s built for it all, but it’s on an extreme level. 

The team was toxic for so many years, the media is still just as bad, if not worse.

They like to pat themselves on the back and call themselves "reporters" but really they're just pimping salacious headlines in the hopes of getting clicks.

It's really disgusting what the media as a whole does to people and calls it "news".

Instead of facts, the media deals in innuendo and rumors, dragging people through the mud, and they're NEVER held accountable for it.

"dyslexic" whatever.  I mean, he doesn't seem...super bright?  Super cerebral.  I want that in a QB.  But I'll take the raw talent and fling the football however you want as long as we're winning.

I don't have high hopes for him, but I don't care.  That feeling of apathy hasn't worn off just because we're probably going to get the very exciting chase young.  I want young to come in and shine and if Haskins doesn't work out, fine, we'll get another QB and be glad we have the scariest defensive player in the NFL.

So even IF everyone in the world thinks Haskins is not the answer, you still take Young.  In the meantime, give Haskins the reps, call him the guy and go and hope he figures something out.  

River Boat was saying in interviews that he was impressed by DH offensive mentality. Go prove them wrong Dwayne. Maybe lose the Simba moniker along the way. Just saying. I have a sick feeling he will make alot of doubters eat their words once the maturity comes in time. The guy is 22 so there is room to grow.

2 hours ago, RawRebel said:

It's funny how the black quarterback's intelligence always gets questioned. 

We'll the first black QB to win a SB will take Haskins under his wing and ensure he succeeds.  I hope so anyway.  Yes, it's not right that many haven't given Haskin's a fair shake.  I believe Haskins is and will be our franchise QB of the future.  He just needs some time and weapons and an OL that is solid.  

16 hours ago, Llevron said:

Such a messy way to do business. This is why people want to blame the media for this teams problems, cause you don’t want to believe that kinda trash comes from the organization. 

A lot of the media is trashy AF, but as it turns out, so were Jay and Bruce.  That staff man...  Hopefully Rivera and company can improve the culture here.  We desperately need it.

Football truism: Franchise QBs are made rather than found, and bad franchises never have franchise QBs.  They habitually undermine their players and prospects.  They are clueless about how to develop and support the position.  It's pretty different from other positions and it is very difficult to create and maintain stability there, but it's utterly necessary to achieve consistent long term success.

We were clearly a bad franchise, and Haskins's development was a test of organizational stability and quality that we were failing.  We have to hope that's changed with the new staff, or else we will never get better, no matter which prospect we have at QB.  Rivera has successfully developed and supported a franchise quarterback before, so there is reason to hope he's not a ****ing numbnuts like Jay Gruden.

Well this **** got rude fast.........

Whoever leaked these comments definitely needs to be outed, and IMO just so others aren't getting slandered by it. I am actually hard pressed to believe that Jay would do this kinda thing, O'Connell as well, it just seems way outside of their behavior. Maybe I'm wrong, I dunno, but whoever it is needs to take the heat, right now there are several names hinted at and if I'm one of them I come right out and say "NoNoNo wuzzn't me, no way, no how" because that stuff leaves a stink.

On the flip side, this is a gift to Rivera and even in some ways to Haskins. Either one or both can just let it speak for itself and move on, in a "that's not who we are now/draw your own conclusions" kinda way. Haskins gets a clean slate from this, "see? they were not on board with my development or success", just don't come out and say it, just embrace the change and grab this year by the ass.

No matter what, THIS is what I want to see Ron change, the pointlessly juvenile horse**** that dogs this team year to year. Your guys need to know they are your guys, not just the guys you are stuck with.

16 hours ago, Burgold said:

Listening to the radio, the reaired a bit of Mel Kiper who said something like, "It's a QB driven league. If you don't got a superhero at QB you got nothing. Mahomes (elite QB) vs. Garfalo (misspelled good QB) proves my point!"

After this, he took thirty seconds to catch his breath, then said, "With Tua, the medical staff may be even more important than the scouts, but if he gets medical clearance you take him in a second! Forget about Young!"

This, ironically, cements the fact for me that the Redskins should not draft Tua. I mean I know we have a new head trainer, but given the Redskins medical and injury woes and their inability to draft any healthy players this century... are you going to rely on the Redskin medical staff's opinion on anything????

The Redskins' medical staff could miss a double amputation.

I admit player with injury history + its up to the doctors to figure this out.  Doesn't bode well based on Redskins history. 😀

Veering off to Haskins (not directed to your point), I agree it's gotten way out of hand with the media with the Gottlieb story among other things.  I think much of that is fueled by the Tua-Burrow discussion.  They are creating a narrative and bringing some drama to it.  I don't think Doug helped though 2 weeks or so before with those comments as for quelling concerns that have been echoed by Keim among others.    But I do think Rivera and Kyle Smith have done a nice job working to shut down those concerns.

But as for how Haskins digests it all. I guess I am a contrarian on this thread on that point.  I actually like the negativity on that front.  I don't think the dude is mentally fragile or overly sensitive.  The thing I like the most about him is he seems competitive as heck.   Outside noise I don't think crushes him but more likely fuels him.  Peterson has talked about the same issue from the context of his own play the summer before he signed here.  He said all the naysayers was fuel-motivation.

Also, I really doubt Jay is the one feeding these stories.  I've heard multiple times Jay loves Haskins as a person.  Jay has said a number of nice things about Haskins even after leaving.  And Jay has his faults but that didn't include being a nasty dude who spreads rumors about players.  That hasn't been his thing.  I get some don't like Jay for not agreeing with their draft evaluation of Haskins.  That's fair.   He might not have wanted Haskins at 15 and likely leaked that about Dan being the dude coveting Haskins.   But as for leaking mean spirited comments about Haskins, I'd seriously bet against it, because I continually heard from beat guys how much Jay liked Haskins personally.  Jay even talked about it. 

Lol, if we want more gossip reporting I was just listening to Joe Theismann on 980.  In short, he's not a big Tua guy but he loves Burrow.  He goes if Burrow falls to #2 it would be foolish not to take him. 

It’s no secret Bruce and Jay were part of the booz culture. I’m sure they surrounded themselves with people who liked the sauce. 

The combine is where a lot of the media gets off the record stuff and builds relationships for scoops. No secret there. This is usually done at the bars late night. Bruce was usually spotted drinking coors light out and about every night at the combine. 

Leaks are very clearly Bruce .. maybe Jay ... and people in their circles. I think it’s bad form to share anything those guys say now that they’re gone. Surprised by Lou on that one. 

1 minute ago, DJHJR86 said:

The Gottlieb thing isn't even new.  Czaban brought this up during last season.  

Ok.  Dyslexia if so IMO isn't a big deal.  A lot of famous people have it.     The positive intangibles that have been talked about with Haskins and its been said a lot -- super nice guy and smart including by Jay. 😀  The one criticism that's been said by everyone who covers this team is they've wanted him to work harder.  That's it.  But it seems like he's doing just that right now so I think-hope all is good?

None of it though changes my mind about considering a QB in this draft ONLY if their scouts believe that Tua is distinctly better than Haskins and they can trust his health.  If they don't believe that then ride with Haskins.  Simple as that. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ok.  Dyslexia if so IMO isn't a big deal.  A lot of famous people have it.   

And some non-famous people.  Like me. :P 

Honestly, as somebody who has lived with it for his entire life, I'm not entirely sure how it would affect a football player.  I missed the story, where did it come from?

Archived