Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

On 2/27/2020 at 6:28 AM, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I'd say this, if Ron and the Skins FO have any issue or doubts with Haskins at all, any at all, be it his work ethic, mental acuity, demeanor, character, talent, or sock preference, THERE IS NO WAY THEY PASS ON TUA. None. Just too good of a prospect to pass up if you aren't sold on the player you have.......So if we do decide on Chase or a trade down, I hope to high heaven we can stop with the constant doubting and prove it to me mentality when it comes to DH.. That we put the same type of energy and fervor into believing and getting fully behind the kid. We'll see how we really feel about DH come April.

I hope Haskins is on his sock game, because that would be a deal breaker for me.😀

It comes down to this for me.  Would Rivera trade an unproven Haskins and Young for an unproven and maybe injury-prone Tua?  I'm confident he will turn over every stone and use everything at his disposal to make the very best decision he can.  

Frankly, my hope doesn't spring from the Redskins having the #2 pick.  It comes from the Redskins having Rivera as there new head coach.  OTOH, where's Nostradamus when you need him?!!  Rivera could really do some things if he had him on his staff.

ADDED:  I could simply hit the like button for virtually everything I'm reading (pro and con) whether I agree or disagree.  The arguments/disagreements have been thought-provoking, enlightening, and entertaining.

If we do somehow end up with Tua, you can bet your bottom dollar (and mine) that ol' Quick Draw will have be to jettisoned with a quickness. Signing a RT in FA would send a signal to some teams that perhaps we're going with Tua. Or it could just be that the new coaching staff sees that a starting-level upgrade is needed there. Other FOs will just have to figure that out for themselves......before that card is handed to Goodell.

As far as any trade scenarios go, if we could move one spot and get Detroit's 1st for next year, I would be giddy. They're going to stink again in 2020. It's coaching. That staff is terrible, both collectively and in terms of what the HC offers that squad. That dude is toast next year. They showed Caldwell the door after a lot more success than what Patricia has shown. More fool's gold from Foxboro.

Also, I know SIP posted about it the other day, but I'm listening to a draft podcast with Kiper and McShay...

Kiper: "If I'm talking about how valuable the second pick is because of Tua, then why if you're the Redskins would you pass on Tua?

McShay: "Because of your owner. That's it. I mean, what did you see from Dwayne Haskins that leads you to believe that he's gonna be the guy moving forward and he's gonna take you to a Super Bowl? I mean, I know it's only one year, but you have to have MAJOR concerns about Haskins going forward."

Kiper: "Well, you know what you do Todd, because you don't know what Dwayne's going to be. To his defense, he's a rookie and he had a bad team around him."

McShay: "Yeah. Yeah."

Kiper: "I'll go this. What's your grade on Haskins, what's your grade on Tua? Big difference?

McShay: "If you're talking about coming out last year, Tua is SIGNIFICANTLY higher."

Kiper: "Right. So it's not like you're saying I'm going to base it all on a rookie year. You're not basing it on Dwayne. Every rookie is gonna struggle, except Daniel Jones. But all the other rookies will normally struggle on a bad team. So, in this case, my point is, if you're the Redskins... Todd McShay is the GM. Todd McShay is the new GM of the Redskins, what are you doing at 2?"

McShay: "Well, I talked to a coach who was considering, who was in the running potentially to take this job. We had a long discussion about what I would do. I said first of all, you have to have full control over personnel. I said that starts with the quarterbacks. You're drafting at 2 and there is very likely going to be a better quarterback there. And so I would take, I would take if the medical came back like we're talking about and we're comfortable with moving forward, I would take Tua. I bring him in and I let him compete with Haskins. I assume Tua wins out that job. You give Haskins a full year as Tua continues to get healthy. Worst case, Tua gets healthy a year from now, Tua wins the job and you trade Haskins and get some value."

Kiper: "Yeah, Steve Walsh/Troy Aikman."

McShay: "Yeah. To me you can make up for more sins at quarterback than any position on the field and its not even freakin' close. So, why in the world would you pass up on upgrading potentially significantly that quarterback position, in order to take Chase Young, who I think is a great player, and I think he's going to be one of the elite pass rushers in the entire NFL one day, but to me if you don't get that quarterback position right you're going to continue to be a sub-500 team and you're not going to come close. And Daniel Snyder, to his credit, according to this coach I spoke to, Daniel Snyder is embarrassed by how this organization has played and he is ready to try to make the turn and do anything that he can. Problem is, can he get out of his own way?"

Kiper: "Trust his people."

McShay: "Yeah."

Todd "No one wants this job" McShay

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm listening to a draft podcast with Kiper and McShay...

That's your first problem :)

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

McShay: "If you're talking about coming out last year, Tua is SIGNIFICANTLY higher."

I feel much, much better out my position now. Disagreeing with Rick Snider AND Todd McShat is usually a winning position!

jd67HN52_icrdnmTWxPTG8VDQtg=.gif

Chase Young > Tua

Defense still wins Championships. Redskins have a better chance at winning with a stellar defense (many young pieces already in place) and a good (not necessarily great) offense. Tua > Haskins, sure, but we can still win games with Haskins and a supporting cast. (many of which is already in place as well with Terry Mc, Sims, Guice/Love, etc). If you suck this year, bad, I believe Lawrence > any of the QB's in the last few years.

Young can be the game changer whereas I don't believe Tua will change the course of the game much more than Haskins can. IMO

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Young can be the game changer whereas I don't believe Tua will change the course of the game much more than Haskins can. IMO

This is my position too. Especially if Tua can't stay healthy

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Yes, McShay is clearly terrible at draft evaluation. :rolleyes:

I stopped reading him years ago because of how awful his evaluations were

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I stopped reading him years ago because of how awful his evaluations were

Semi predictable. You don't agree with someone, they suck. You agree, they don't.

You should be more open minded about everyone's evaluations. Make your own. See others. Come up with some more well rounded takes on these things :)

But to each their own.

5 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Absolutely fair. I don't agree that Tua can't change the course of a game. But I do agree that Young can. :)

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

I hear that so often, it's lost all meaning. :)

My point is: All of these guys have takes I agree with and takes I don't. I look into as many as I can within my time alotted to do so. Podcasts help because I can listen throughout the day. 

Sometimes I think these guys are higher than kites. Sometimes I think the same guy has a good take. I haven't really wrote any of them off because all of their opinions have merit. And keep in mind, these dudes are all plugged in. So they are echoing what they hear from NFL teams in some cases.

Now, that doesn't mean their takes are all right. They are wrong, too. Kiper's love for Daniel Jones is baffling, for instance. But it's always interesting to gather different data points.

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

All of these guys have takes I agree with and takes I don't. I look into as many as I can within my time alotted to do

I usually follow many mocks, analysts. I'm always looking for other, well-informed sources. I just have a low tolerance for ESPN's screaming heads. They might be right on occasion, but the occasional nugget isnt worth the resultant migraine I get from listening to them.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I usually follow many mocks, analysts. I'm always looking for other, well-informed sources. I just have a low tolerance for ESPN's screaming heads. They might be right on occasion, but the occasional nugget isnt worth the resultant migraine I get from listening to them.

I think McShay is very good. I also think he is often bogged down by ESPN itself and the way they go about things. I love when Kiper says something clearly off the wall and the look he gets on his face is like he's saying, "I get paid well to do what I'm doing. Stay calm."

But man there are a lot of great draft resources. Including here.

http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/nfl-redskins-live-stream?utm_tags=nbcswash1348

Man, Ron Rivera is a bit more positive about Dwayne Haskins in this stream today. He's kind of telling everyone to calm down regarding Dwayne and the Burrow/Tua meetings. Him and Dwayne are getting along quite well and he said Dwayne is coming off as mature and hard-working. He's not worried about Dwayne taking the Burrow/Tua meeting stuff the wrong way. To him, the Redskins are doing their due diligence and Dwayne is smart enough to understand that.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

My point is: All of these guys have takes I agree with and takes I don't. I look into as many as I can within my time alotted to do so. Podcasts help because I can listen throughout the day. 

Sometimes I think these guys are higher than kites. Sometimes I think the same guy has a good take. I haven't really wrote any of them off because all of their opinions have merit. And keep in mind, these dudes are all plugged in. So they are echoing what they hear from NFL teams in some cases.

Now, that doesn't mean their takes are all right. They are wrong, too. Kiper's love for Daniel Jones is baffling, for instance. But it's always interesting to gather different data points.

I don’t write off anyone that works as hard as Mcshay does.

fwiw, I can’t stand Mcshay. 

7 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/nfl-redskins-live-stream?utm_tags=nbcswash1348

Man, Ron Rivera is a bit more positive about Dwayne Haskins in this stream today. He's kind of telling everyone to calm down regarding Dwayne and the Burrow/Tua meetings. Him and Dwayne are getting along quite well and he said Dwayne is coming off as mature and hard-working. He's not worried about Dwayne taking the Burrow/Tua meeting stuff the wrong way. To him, the Redskins are doing their due diligence and Dwayne is smart enough to understand that.

Welcome to DC, coach. We melt down, it’s what we does. 

Should note, Mcshay is a Richmond boy, I come from a William & Mary family. We were not meant to co-exist, but we have little choice.

I can always kinda tell when a draft guy has sources at an organization.

They'll give a take that just seems... so real. 

And then y ou'll hear them say something ridiculous, like Daniel Jones had a great rookie season, and you'll know they have no sources within that organization.

Yeah. Listen to him talk. He is extremely intelligent from an academia/real life position. 

Not sure how anyone can question that.

It's his field intelligence I want to see improve.

And again, he doesn't have **** to prove to me. I say that more for all of you that want everyone to love the dude. If he studies up, I think he can do good things. 

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yeah. Listen to him talk. He is extremely intelligent from an academia/real life position. 

Not sure how anyone can question that.

It's his field intelligence I want to see improve.

And again, he doesn't have **** to prove to me. I say that more for all of you that want everyone to love the dude. If he studies up, I think he can do good things. 

What do you mean by field intelligence?  I think he processed things extremely well for a rookie and showed he has no problems working through his progressions.  

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

What do you mean by field intelligence?  I think he processed things extremely well for a rookie and showed he has no problems working through his progressions.  

Decision making, protection setting, field awareness, situational awareness, risk taking (when to do it, when not to do it).

Some of that stuff comes from being meticulous in your film study. When you know an opponent well, you can make better educated guesses on what to do in those situations. 

That and mechanics.

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Decision making, protection setting, field awareness, situational awareness, risk taking (when to do it, when not to do it).

Some of that stuff comes from being meticulous in your film study. When you know an opponent well, you can make better educated guesses on what to do in those situations. 

That and mechanics.

I believe that in his starts he was on par, if not better, than most rookies are in those areas you mentioned.

Regarding mechanics, he improved towards the end of the season, but I still think it should be perhaps the biggest point of emphasis for him this offseason.  I think Zampese is such a home run hire for that reason.

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

I believe that in his starts he was on par, if not better, than most rookies are in those areas you mentioned.

Regarding mechanics, he improved towards the end of the season, but I still think it should be perhaps the biggest point of emphasis for him this offseason.  I think Zampese is such a home run hire for that reason.

Zampese is a major wild card here.

Archived