Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

The only way they can really piss me off is if they stay at two (don't orchestrate a monster trade) and still don't draft Young, Tua, or Burrow.  If they draft one of those three OR cement a trade deal that they can't refuse, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see how this train rolls.  Otherwise, it will be back to scratching my head like I have for a long time when it comes to this team.

On a side note, the Princess Bride and Teen Wold references were cool.  Too bad they didn't carry on a bit longer!

13 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

Princess Bride and Teen Wold references were cool

Thought about it, but didn't want to derail the thread.

I'm with you, I think we, as a collective fanbase, are over thinking the Tua thing. It's not different than the 9ers last year--they had Garapallo, not sure what they had in him--took Nick Bosa, that is a beast-assed defense.

52 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The Redskins' medical staff could miss a double amputation.

🤣

I kinda get what Mel is saying.  Hard to disagree with Tua's talent over Dwayne and we already have DL but knowing our luck even with new staff that we'd be snakebit with more injuries....but hell that could go with any of our picks.  Snakebit Snyder.

Czaban reporting that Gotlieb of ESPN in Los Angeles is reporting he talked to a Skins coaching source from last year who is saying  Haskins could not 

decipher the playbook to the point that they thought he might have dyslexia (not sure how to spell it).  I bet this is coming from Kevin O'Connell if true.

Czaban also saying JP Finlay will not comment on it at all on this speculation.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

If they are leaking that they thought he was dyslexic then it’s over for him. You don’t let people hear that type of **** unless you have zero plans to make it work. If you were just medium on a guy you don’t tell anyone that kinda ****. 

You would think this organization was done with that kinda BS, with it being a new regime and all. But I guess Rivera didn't get rid of all the people who needed to GTFO. 

2 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

lol wait - the bar is so low there are reposts of the guy doing PUSH UPS??  I just got down and gave 10; suit me up coach.  TUA!!!

Did you also have a towel over your ass & hip hop in the background? If so, I’d like to have you come in for an interview. Bring the towel. 

Haskins was a top student in HS and college. People with dyslexia rarely excel in traditional academics,  unless it's identified and addressed early on. I have mild dyslexia (didn't find out until much later) and even that caused me plenty of grief during HS and college. People with more severe cases struggle mightily just to keep up, let alone get good grades. 

42 minutes ago, mistertim said:

People with dyslexia rarely excel in traditional academics

I dont think he has it, I think the commentary was more that he was so unprepared and had such piss poor grasp of basic concepts that it was almost "like" he had it :)

3 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Czaban reporting that Gotlieb of ESPN in Los Angeles is reporting he talked to a Skins coaching source from last year who is saying  Haskins could not 

decipher the playbook to the point that they thought he might have dyslexia (not sure how to spell it).  I bet this is coming from Kevin O'Connell if true.

Czaban also saying JP Finlay will not comment on it at all on this speculation.

🤣

Yea I saw this on Redskins 100 today.  The learning disorder talk is funny to me.  The learning curve from college to pro is not easy for anybody.  Why does anybody expect a rookie to come in and light it up?  How many times has that happened in the history of the game?  I’m more concerned with the sophomore slump.  I am a big believer in that.  It’s one of the big reasons why I wanted to keep Oconnell.  Go back and look at the stats of some of the greatest players in their second year.  The sophomore slump is real imo.

7 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/nfl-redskins-live-stream?utm_tags=nbcswash1348

Man, Ron Rivera is a bit more positive about Dwayne Haskins in this stream today. He's kind of telling everyone to calm down regarding Dwayne and the Burrow/Tua meetings. Him and Dwayne are getting along quite well and he said Dwayne is coming off as mature and hard-working. He's not worried about Dwayne taking the Burrow/Tua meeting stuff the wrong way. To him, the Redskins are doing their due diligence and Dwayne is smart enough to understand that.

Haskins needs to take Rivera's eval of Burrow and Tua deadly serious.  I don't think Haskins has any sort of leg up on either of them.  If Rivera sees either as significantly better than Haskins, I can see him pulling the trigger.  The one thing Haskins' has on his side is I truly believe that Rivera wants Chase Young as badly as I do.  As a result, Haskins will get every opportunity to remain the QB.  If Haskins fails to win Rivera over, hello Tua or Burrow and bye-bye Chase Young.

I am seriously rooting for Haskins to convince Rivera that he can win with him as QB.  

Archived