Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Giants

TK

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

@TK pointed out that the last time Snyder fired someone mid-season was Norv.  We were 7-4 from what I recall.

He's not firing anyone today.

Putting Haskins in should quell some of that & keep Manusky around for at least another week. 

2 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Wonder if Gruden is thinking he should've declined that penalty early on and had him attempt a 47-yarder.

Uh, I'd hope Gruden would rather them have attempted a field goal, since they scored a TD on the drive. Then again, with Gruden, you never know.

1 minute ago, Yng Lady88 said:

true. he had 2 bad back-to-back series with INTs, but other then that he's been moving the ball, hitting WRs and hitting them for YAC and using his feet. 

unless Jay unleashes Haskins and he executes, im not optimistic.

I think Jay would rather be fired while being stubborn than win with Haskins.

1 minute ago, stoshuaj said:

We get it.  You hate him.  He’s a bust in your eyes.

Guess what, we got him.  What would you prefer NOW, not baxk during the draft, NOW?  You want Keenum back in? Colt?  Don’t ever let him play bc you don’t like him?

How about move the hell on and give him a shot.  Unless you have another option in your back pocket

FFS, our “fans”

wrong.  I don't hate him.  It's just he should have never been drafted in the 1st round.  I thought he was more of a 4th or 5th round caliber QB.  In fact, no real GM wanted him in the 1st round, only the moron Daniel Snyder wanted him 15 slots in the draft.  everyone else passed on him because they saw what I saw, a guy who threw a ton of screen passes and behind the line of scrimmage passes.     They should have drafted a offensive linemen and built the team before trying to tackle QB.  their team is garbage.  NOW - it REMAINS garbage because they wasted their first rounder on an overhyped 4th round caliber QB

Glad to be here for Haskins first action but damn this is a poorly coached team.  Guys look bored on the sidelines like they would rather be somewhere else.  

Would be nice if they came out after the half and played well.  Maybe shut these idiot Giants fans up sitting around me. 

1 minute ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

you dont know what you're talking about at all.  Lots of BAD QBS in the NFL set all kinds of passing records.  You have to study each and every throw, like I did.   So, it's you and that legendary QB guru Daniel Snyder (the guy who drafted him, some ESPN hosts and moron fans who believe everything the media tell them, vs people who studied him closely and me, we'll see who's right and wrong...

See you discredit yourself when you call fellow fans idiots because they don’t want a rookie QB dismembered after one drive.  You clearly hate him and aren’t even giving him a chance.  You are rooting for him to fail.

Jeez Gruden you should be focused on the game not our discussion board.

12 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

what were his excuses his senior year in college last season, then?  When he was one of the most innacurate QB's on passes more than 6 yards down the field?

I don't have the energy or interest to debate this in the middle of the game.  But he wasn't one of the most inaccurate QBs in college last year.    This is coming from one who was far from in love with Haskins.  I wrote a long take on Haskins months back before the draft.   He has some weaknesses with certain types of throws.  I pointed them out and was far from a pollyanna about the dude.  Yet, its his first game and he's playing with a horrendous supporting cast.  I'd give the dude a break and a chance to sink or swim and a few games isn't a good enough sample size let alone just a few plays. 

Passing

• * indicates bowl stats included
    Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career Ohio State         413 590 70.0 5396 9.1 10.3 54 9 174.0
*2017 Ohio State Big Ten FR QB 8 40 57 70.2 565 9.9 10.5 4 1 173.1
*2018 Ohio State Big Ten SO QB 14 373 533 70.0 4831 9.1 10.3 50 8 174.1

2 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

you dont know what you're talking about at all.  Lots of BAD QBS in the NFL set all kinds of passing records.  You have to study each and every throw, like I did.   So, it's you and that legendary QB guru Daniel Snyder (the guy who drafted him, some ESPN hosts and moron fans who believe everything the media tell them, vs people who studied him closely and me, we'll see who's right and wrong...

Dude, Keenum sucked vacuum cleaner hoses. It's done. Haskins is in, save the ****ing until AFTER he blows it.

4 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Yeah terrible. Only like crushing records, leading yards in passing last year, and led his league in passing TD but boy is he terrible. 

Let me guess Michigan fan?

Dude called it a red flag last week that Haskins was dancing on the sidelines before the game lol. Know he has zero objectivity 

6 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

would u like me to show my work?  Because I have the stats to back it up.  And then we'll see who's making stuff up.  In fact, let me start with you.   you show ME first, what stats you have of Haskins last year on passes travelling more than 6 yards in the air.  *THEN* I'll share my numbers with YOU.  And we'll see who's talking S and who's got DATA to back it up

Can you please post them? I can’t find those stats

5 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

Lol and what credentials do you have? It’s not like Dan was the only one to make the decision to draft him. 

2 minutes ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

wrong.  I don't hate him.  It's just he should have never been drafted in the 1st round.  I thought he was more of a 4th or 5th round caliber QB.  In fact, no real GM wanted him in the 1st round, only the moron Daniel Snyder wanted him 15 slots in the draft.  everyone else passed on him because they saw what I saw, a guy who threw a ton of screen passes and behind the line of scrimmage passes.     They should have drafted a offensive linemen and built the team before trying to tackle QB.  their team is garbage.  NOW - it REMAINS garbage because they wasted their first rounder on an overhyped 4th round caliber QB

Shoulda woulda coulda, ffs, how long do you need to stay on the same soapbox.

nobody really gives a **** what round you think he should have been picked, NOW

Archived