Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Erosion Of The Redskins Fanbase

samy316

8 minutes ago, Tommy-the-Greek said:

How you can not remember this? You ARE an original member and have been here long enough to know this and remember this situation. When Blade and Die Hard turned this over to Snyder there was a very happy period of approx. 3-6 months during the transition. After this "happy" period there was a period of time when any anti Snyder/ front office/ draft pick/FA. acquisition type of thread was immediately taken down. During this "unhappy" period in time there was an approx. 1-2 dozen regular posters/ members and maybe many more that just went MIA. They were all original members from 2001 to 2003. Some were season ticket holders and all were die hard skin fans.

I was told that the thread Nazis stopped taking down threads and posts and things were back to normal. I was also told this "unhappy period " only lasted a few months. Since I went MIA shortly after this "unhappy" period started and can not confirm how long it lasted.  I also do not know if those members were banned or just decided not to return.

The real point here is that this matter is yet another example of Snyder through his proxies alienating the fan base.

I've been here since day one, have to admit I don't remember that.

Well, it didn't last or else this board would've shut down long ago.

12 hours ago, chdream said:

I know a lot of people will disagree with what I am about to say. I know that sports media hate Dan Synder. I think we sports fans ha ve lost sight of one overwhelming important fact. He owns the team. the sports media has picked up on the fact he is so hated by the fans. Many of the fans that were here when won the bid loved Jack Kent Cook and wanted his family to maintain control. So short of winning a super bowl he was going to be hated. I am tired of people asking for him to sell the team. How would you feel if someone you didn't like moved next door and  demanded you sell your house. He has not won. Team has been bad. Not much of anything has worked.  Teams win and teams lose. The Cowboy fans hated Jerry Jones until he got lucky and was given a Super Bowl team by the Vikings. It will turn around one day. Just keep cheering. It's great to have passion but I am starting to be ashamed of some of my co-fans. HTTR

Stop playing games and do an AMA here already, Dan, out here making burner accounts...please.

25 minutes ago, Tommy-the-Greek said:

How you can not remember this? You ARE an original member and have been here long enough to know this and remember this situation. When Blade and Die Hard turned this over to Snyder there was a very happy period of approx. 3-6 months during the transition. After this "happy" period there was a period of time when any anti Snyder/ front office/ draft pick/FA. acquisition type of thread was immediately taken down. During this "unhappy" period in time there was an approx. 1-2 dozen regular posters/ members and maybe many more that just went MIA. They were all original members from 2001 to 2003. Some were season ticket holders and all were die hard skin fans.

I was told that the thread Nazis stopped taking down threads and posts and things were back to normal. I was also told this "unhappy period " only lasted a few months. Since I went MIA shortly after this "unhappy" period started and can not confirm how long it lasted.  I also do not know if those members were banned or just decided not to return.

The real point here is that this matter is yet another example of Snyder through his proxies alienating the fan base.

@TK can you speak to this?  I dont remember yall censoring our criticisms of Snyder.  I remember the build up to the decision, but I thought we were told at best it would be more family friendly getting rid of daily babe thread and such, not that we couldn't criticize Snyder. 

That may be different then starting thread after thread disagreeing with the move, which I dont remember either, thought we tried to keep it to one place so it didnt take over the board.  Either way, that level of censorship is obviously not the case now.  At least one other person started their own site I think, but I dont remember it being because they couldnt be critical of Snyder anymore

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@TK can you speak to this?  I dont remember yall censoring our criticisms of Snyder.  I remember the build up to the decision, but I thought we were told at best it would be more family friendly getting rid of daily babe thread and such, not that we couldn't criticize Snyder. 

That may be different then starting thread after thread disagreeing with the move, which I dont remember either, thought we tried to keep it to one place so it didnt take over the board.  Either way, that level of censorship is obviously not the case now.  At least one other person started their own site I think, but I dont remember it being because they couldnt be critical of Snyder anymore

If I remember correctly it was people that started new threads over and over criticizing Snyder instead of just posting into an already existing thread. 

It's just another tough time for Redskin fans who seem to be well versed in losing over the last couple decades. I can see the Redskin fan base migrating over to the Eagles fan base where winning is a tradition with a competent front office, and coaching staff. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :-)

12 hours ago, Tommy-the-Greek said:

original members from 2001 to 2003.

Seems like the mods would have invited us OGs for an appreciation sleep over by now. Maybe next year.

On 10/9/2019 at 9:09 PM, chdream said:

How would you feel if someone you didn't like moved next door and  demanded you sell your house.

I’d remove the curtains, get a piano, and make every day naked piano day.

11 hours ago, Excel said:

It's just another tough time for Redskin fans who seem to be well versed in losing over the last couple decades. I can see the Redskin fan base migrating over to the Eagles fan base where winning is a tradition with a competent front office, and coaching staff. My thoughts and prayers are with you. 🙂

Doubt you'll find many takers on here.  Teams in order I'm least likley to start rooting for:  Cowboys, Patriots, Eagles

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

What kind of pro sports team has a "Homecoming?" That's so lame and is just another black mark on why this organization is such garbage.

What's worse is that every year they do this, they bring out these great old-timers from a time when the team had pride and was beloved, and they have to witness Snyder's carnage firsthand. The pics I saw today of the "homecoming festivities" pregame were just soul-crushing. 

1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

What's worse is that every year they do this, they bring out these great old-timers from a time when the team had pride and was beloved, and they have to witness Snyder's carnage firsthand. The pics I saw today of the "homecoming festivities" pregame were just soul-crushing. 

Kind of in relation, but talk bandied about of who the Nats are going to have throw out the first pitch at the WS games and when Joe Gibbs name is mentioned, for whatever reason I cringe. Nothing against Gibbs, whose teams led us to great joy, but what does a DC sports figure from 30 years ago (I'm not going to count 2004-07) have to do with the success of the Nats today? Especially when the Skins have devolved into what they are now. I'd prefer for other teams not to show pony Skins stars of yesteryear.

9 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Kind of in relation, but talk bandied about of who the Nats are going to have throw out the first pitch at the WS games and when Joe Gibbs name is mentioned, for whatever reason I cringe. Nothing against Gibbs, whose teams led us to great joy, but what does a DC sports figure from 30 years ago (I'm not going to count 2004-07) have to do with the success of the Nats today? Especially when the Skins have devolved into what they are now. I'd prefer for other teams not to show pony Skins stars of yesteryear.

It’s pretty silly, i agree.

25 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I slept through today’s game as I was nursing a hangover.  Looks like I missed nothing out of this stupid team. A rain game was probably fun to watch though.

Can’t wait for Cousins to dismantle this silly defense.  Should be fun to watch.  Yay sports team.

This is so simple if we would just all join together and drop this team until there’s a complete sell of the team and change of everyone. Dan can’t pay the bills without our money!

29 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I slept through today’s game as I was nursing a hangover.  Looks like I missed nothing out of this stupid team. A rain game was probably fun to watch though.

Can’t wait for Cousins to dismantle this silly defense.  Should be fun to watch.  Yay sports team.

I went out for brunch with the family got back to the house and was on the couch and yes I fell asleep in no time.

19 minutes ago, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

This is so simple if we would just all join together and drop this team until there’s a complete sell of the team and change of everyone. Dan can’t pay the bills without our money!

Yes, he can. Not only can he pay the bills w/o our money, he can still turn a profit. Revenue sharing is the lifeblood of an NFL team. Remember that every time someone watches Eagles-Cowboys or buys an Aaron Rodgers jersey, it is benefiting Snyder too. 

5 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

It’s not enough for Dan to destroy our present and future. He won’t be satisfied until he ruins our past as well.

1 hour ago, hp703 said:

I went out for brunch with the family got back to the house and was on the couch and yes I fell asleep in no time.

I spent the day at an outlet mall in California blowing cash left and right. Checked the score because I forgot about the game and saw 9-0.

That caused a good chuckle.

Where's the Calahan thread at? I'm sure it's all his fault now.

:rofl89:

Archived