Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Erosion Of The Redskins Fanbase

samy316

27 minutes ago, boobiemiles said:

Too many wine and cheese fans at the stadium.  There is no grit or loyalty.  It's the only franchise with fans of their rival rivaling their own fans in their hometown.  DMV loves the Cowboys.  This whole situation is a nightmare. 

Grit and loyalty to what?  Dysfunction?  

10 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

My first game owning season tickets after YEARS on the waiting list was coincidentally also Dan Snyder’s first game as owner.  The Skins had a three touchdown lead on the Dallas Cowboys and ended up losing that first game with me as a season ticket holder and him as the owner.  Talk about foreboding.   

I watched as week after week Snyder took something that was fun for the fans and turned into a monetized experience.  The pure greed turned my stomach but at least he wanted to win.  Right?  As the mistakes started to mount and stories of his bullying and marginalizing of people in the organization grew I started to think and soon realize as truth that Snyder was simply an incompetent and greedy owner who was exploiting the passion of the fans and squeezing every nickel he could get out of the fan base.  He took the game day experience and ruined it in every imaginable way.  He may love the Redskins but it’s apparent that what he really loves, is money. 

As I turned to the one place ExtremeSkins where I thought I might find other fans who also were noticing this and would understand and sympathize, I was met with a large contingent of people who aggressively defended Snyder and told me it wasn’t true.  Snyder had learned his lesson.  He was a young owner who was learning how to win.  And the winning was just around the corner.  So many people lampooned Dave McKenna’s article on Snyder.  Guess what?  He was right.     

We’ve heard all of the excuses.  Snyder wants to win.  At least he spends money.  Blah blah blah.  For God’s sake - you’ve had 20 years.  When are you going to learn how to win?!  It looks like Snyder would rather be the center of power on a losing team than a peripheral figure on a winning one.  

Now that it has became painfully obvious that Snyder is the root of the Redskins’ problems the majority of the Snyder apologists have left the site.  I knew I was right then.  I know I’m right now. 

Everything that has happened to this franchise — all the embarrassment, all the losing, all of the turmoil — is the responsibility of Snyder.

And the s.o.b. wont even stand up today to take questions. He is gutless, clueless and shameless.

Clear cut worst owner in pro sports.

18 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Did SVP follow through on this?  Just curious if anyone saw it if he did.

He did and it was fabulous.  I watched in the gym and when he finished his rant, I stood up and applauded.

There was a Cowboy fan watching with me and he shook his head and said, "Man, that was rough."  I told him it was 100% accurate though.

This team was cursed the day Dan Snyder became the owner.

The team under Snyder over the past 21 years is 139-185-1. There is still 11 games left and I am sure we will add more losses to Dan Snyder 21 year record.

The 21 years prior to Dan Snyder  the team went 185-142-1

Dan Snyder must sell this team back to the JKC family or to the people of MD, VA like the Packers. This is the only way the curse will be broken.

The Redskins will not win another Super Bowl as long as Dan Snyder is the owner, period, sadly end of story.

Yesterday I listened to 12+ hours of SXM radio where just about every host on every show on 3 different channels got it right and blasted Snyder first and then Allen non stop with no blame going to Gruden, who may or may not be a bad coach, but he's exactly 0% of the problem.

Unlike a decade ago when only a handful of us stood there telling the world that Dan Snyder isn't going to get it when he replaced Vinny the Clown with Bumbling Bruce.

Now almost everybody sees the light. Even most of the homer b&g glasses guys are waking up to the real world.

Yet Doofus Dan is still hiding in the closet sending out his lackey to proclaim that all is well in Loserville.

"We just fired our 8th coach. Proceed with the Winning!"

:cheers:

33 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Unlike a decade ago when only a handful of us stood there telling the world that Dan Snyder isn't going to get it when he replaced Vinny the Clown with Bumbling Bruce.

Now almost everybody sees the light. Even most of the homer b&g glasses guys are waking up to the real world.

No joke. I remember guys getting banned because some of them were 'too negative'. it's like a complete 180 now. Pretty much EVERYONE can see the real issue.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:10 PM, daveakl said:

Except they now have a plan and with a plan they have hope.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/09/dolphins-draft-picks-2020-2021-list

Not only a plan but also a boatload of draft picks.  5 1st rounders & 4 2nd rounders in next two off seasons - yikes!  In addition they have an actual GM & a likeable owner who is not a total scumbag like Snyder.

Perpetual Ineptness - Are we the new Bucs?

This team has no direction, no clue on how to move forward. We just fired a coach with no solid replacement yet we kept a GM, who has no idea what he is doing, being kept for a stadium deal, to while the fan base continues to erode...

On 9/22/2019 at 10:49 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’ve seen nothing that leads me to believe this.  Bruce recently made mention of how we were a year off from stadium news.  Next year, I’m sure we will hear things are slowly progressing and we’ll be hearing something “soon”.  Who knows the validity of the Tony Wylie statements to a random fan last week, but it’s not a stretch to believe.  Bruce is entrenched and has Dan right where he wants him, at the bottom of the Crown bottle, mumbling things about being “close”.  Given Dan’s inexperience with success in professional football, he may not even know any better, and probably believes that Bruce is unlucky like I’m sure he sees himself.  

I find it to be incredibly wishful thinking to believe that Bruce is on his last leg for all those reasons and then some.

This is a be careful what you wish for (not meaning you).  Currently the majority of teams, atleast the new stadiums that were built in the present all they way back into the middle to late 90s all have PSLs.  Jack Kent Cooke didn't want the fan to have to purchase a PSL before buying the season tickets.  Now that's an owner.   Who is going to purchase a PSL accept for corporations.   Right now the overwhelming majority of fans that are showing up to FedEx Field are from the opposing team.  

I just want all of y’all to know that I’m not gonna wear 0-5 like a crown of thorns.  Not Zorn or Shanny or Jay either.  None of it.  You wanna have a pity party, be my guest.  Browns/Lions/Jags fan laugh at your weakness.  Let your beloved “culture change” start right there.

Our locker room is filled with smart, hard-working players that are easy to root for.  I will do so without apology.

Were gonna kick the Dolphins ass.

I HAVE SPOKEN!*

*had a couple beers at happy hour

There is a major difference IMO between us and the Lions, Browns, Bills, etc.  And it's a Goliath size difference.  They've had a change in ownership during the Dan era and not that long ago either.   They also change their executives as opposed to keep riding the same losers who are national punchlines.  With Lions having less change than the other 2 teams but still more than the Redskins.

I think the difference with Redskins fans attitudes would be night and day if we were on to our next owner and digesting that dude and the next executive.  But instead it's the same dude the whole time and with two different lieutenants during Dan's era who are laughingstocks around the league.  

It's like saying your old favorite neighborhood restaurant has had mostly bad food for the last 20 years.  Yet, the same dude has owned it and hires the same dude to buy the groceries but claims great food is on the way.  And there is no end in sight for it.   Versus ownership that has changed and the chefs keep changing the groceries.  One style at least sells some hope.  The other way feels hopeless. 

Or said more simply an apples to apples comparison would presume we've moved on from Dan and yet still would be upset.  Nope if Dan left,  I think there would be a SB level type of parade in the DMV.  😀

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's like saying your old favorite neighborhood restaurant has had mostly bad food for the last 20 years.  Yet, the same dude has owned it and hires the same dude to buy the groceries but claims great food is on the way.  And there is no end in sight for it.   Versus ownership that has changed and the chefs keep changing the groceries.  One style at least sells some hope.  The other way feels hopeless. 

I see your point, but if you keep on going to the same restaurant with crappy food for 20 years, then you're part of the problem as well, because well, you keep on coming back...

5 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I see your point, but if you keep on going to the same restaurant with crappy food for 20 years, then you're part of the problem as well, because well, you keep on coming back...

I get the point but I am determined not to let Dan chase me away from my childhood team-memories.   So I try to do my part in a different way.  Sending letters, emails and trying to help organize that.  In my profession, I've seen that work.  It takes time but it can work.  I've done it during Vinny's era.  Bruce's era before they hired Scot.  And i'll keep at it. 

8 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

SVP is spot on. I gave up and divorced this team after 2017 but still find myself watching this thread. It's a shame that the obvious problem from the get-go is the one and only guy who can do something about the problem.  Can't believe after nearly 40 years as a fan I no longer like this team and in fact root for their failure...and this actually bothers me.

Too much history between me and the Redskins. At least a dozen jersey purchases. Owning every style of Riddell helmet they owned from past years. Driving hundreds of miles on multiple occasions to watch them (I live in Illinois). Driving to DC overnight stopping only for gas, and rolling into headquarters at 8:30 AM in 2004 to be at training camp.  Almost 40 years of my life devoted to this team, spending money every year for 19 seasons on the Sunday Ticket on DirecTV so I could watch them play each week. There's only so much failure I could take from this franchise and it's just time to move on. I just started pulling for the team I had the most players on my keeper fantasy team.

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I get the point but I am determined not to let Dan chase me away from my childhood team-memories.   So I try to do my part in a different way.  Sending letters, emails and trying to help organize that.  In my profession, I've seen that work.  It takes time but it can work.  I've done it during Vinny's era.  Bruce's era before they hired Scot.  And i'll keep at it. 

You've said many times that you work in politics and that many senators or congressman returns your call when you do.

I would suggest you to change your email signature to #FireBruceAllen and remind them every day to not allow a stadium deal until Bruce Allen is kicked out of here!

They don't want to be associated to those two guys. Fans are voting too!

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There is a major difference IMO between us and the Lions, Browns, Bills, etc.  And it's a Goliath size difference.  They've had a change ownership during the Dan era and not that long ago either.   They also change their executives as opposed to keep riding the same losers who are national punchlines.  With Lions having less change than the other 2 teams but still more than the Redskins.

I think the difference with Redskins fans attitudes would be night and day if we were on to our next owner and digesting that dude and the next executive.  But instead it's the same dude the whole time and with two different lieutenants during Dan's era who are laughingstocks around the league.  

Or said more simply an apples to apples comparison would presume we've moved on from Dan and yet still would be upset.  Nope if Dan left,  I think there would be a SB level type of parade in the DMV.  😀

If I woke up tomorrow, and read in my phone, in the news or heard on WTOP on the way to work that Snyder was selling the team, I would seriously cry, and I haven't done that in a long time.

Words cannot accurately express how much I find that dude absolutely repugnant. And dont get it twisted, it's not the losing that's the kicker. Teams ebb and flow through losing all the time in this league. It's knowing that you have no chance in hell, no reason to even be rationally optimistic, unless you are just a sucker. 

Archived