Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Erosion Of The Redskins Fanbase

samy316

9 hours ago, dyst said:

No joke. I remember guys getting banned because some of them were 'too negative'. it's like a complete 180 now. Pretty much EVERYONE can see the real issue.

That's nonsense.

Nobody got banned for being "too negative".

They get banned for trolling, flaming, or continually breaking the rules.

3 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

That's nonsense.

I don’t think you remember what it was like back then. 

18 minutes ago, dyst said:

I don’t think you remember what it was like back then. 

I've been on this board since the day it opened almost 20 years ago.

For 20 years, I've seen and read many intensely negative things, and those folks weren't banned.

The only time I remember people being banned for their opinions is when they got too personal, making nasty comments about the wives/kids/family of people involved with the team.

9 hours ago, Hooper said:

Peter King is known as the really nice reporter. He doesn’t take cheap shots. If anything, he is known as being too cozy with owners and the league. Him going so hard after Snyder is awesome.

Peter King is a douchebag.

He is a fan of the **** Mara giants and he is one of the main reasons Art Monk was kept out of the Hall of Fame for so long.

That doesn't mean he is wrong in what he says about Snyder, but he is still a massive prick.

14 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

That's nonsense.

There was a period in time after Die Hard and Blade turned this over to Dan and bug eyes that any anti Snyder thread was immediately taken down. I do not know if those guys got banned or they just decided to leave and not come back.

4 hours ago, Tommy-the-Greek said:

There was a period in time after Die Hard and Blade turned this over to Dan and bug eyes that any anti Snyder thread was immediately taken down. I do not know if those guys got banned or they just decided to leave and not come back.

I dont remember this at all, I'm throwing the red flag.  What's changed? Snyder still owns the site

3 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Bruce Murray and several others did the same kind of thing on SXM over the past couple days.

It's been hilarious listening to it all. Doofus Dan is going to just go deeper into his cave though.

Front office/ownership has been dragged on FS1, ESPN, ESPN2, NBCSN, NBCSN-DC, SiriusXM, and NFL Network.

And they haven't held anything back.

29 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Does anyone know if what Sharp said in the clip above about scout team is really how it works? 

Pretty close. Here is Wisconsin's scout team in action and how they do it, so I would guess the NFL is similar.

30 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Does anyone know if what Sharp said in the clip above about scout team is really how it works? 

That's how I've always heard it worked from players.  Some other former player explained it the same way this week. Portis or Doc, or somebody like that, I forget who it was exactly.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

That's how I've always heard it worked from players.  Some other former player explained it the same way this week. Portis or Doc, or somebody like that, I forget who it was exactly.

9 minutes ago, mrcaniac said:

Pretty close. Here is Wisconsin's scout team in action and how they do it, so I would guess

Damn thats crazy. I assumed they at least ran plays. 

12 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Peter King is a douchebag.

He is a fan of the **** Mara giants and he is one of the main reasons Art Monk was kept out of the Hall of Fame for so long.

That doesn't mean he is wrong in what he says about Snyder, but he is still a massive prick.

I hold him responsible for Jacoby not getting in yet too....whether he is or isn't. I believe King hates the Redskins and is a Robert Kraft suck up.

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

Damn thats crazy. I assumed they at least ran plays. 

They try to, but every offense and defense is different, so the scout team needs to follow the opponents O or D as closely as possible, but they don't have months to learn the O or D, so they just run some of the plays that the opponent runs every week.

I know a lot of people will disagree with what I am about to say. I know that sports media hate Dan Synder. I think we sports fans ha ve lost sight of one overwhelming important fact. He owns the team. the sports media has picked up on the fact he is so hated by the fans. Many of the fans that were here when won the bid loved Jack Kent Cook and wanted his family to maintain control. So short of winning a super bowl he was going to be hated. I am tired of people asking for him to sell the team. How would you feel if someone you didn't like moved next door and  demanded you sell your house. He has not won. Team has been bad. Not much of anything has worked.  Teams win and teams lose. The Cowboy fans hated Jerry Jones until he got lucky and was given a Super Bowl team by the Vikings. It will turn around one day. Just keep cheering. It's great to have passion but I am starting to be ashamed of some of my co-fans. HTTR

1 hour ago, chdream said:

How would you feel if someone you didn't like moved next door and  demanded you sell your house. 

Not sure how this really applies here, but Dan is the terrible neighbor, that doesn’t mow his grass, never brings his trash cans up from the curb, parks old crappy cars all over his lot, and plays loud terrible music at all hours, and that impacts my property value.  Eff Dan.  

10 hours ago, chdream said:

I know a lot of people will disagree with what I am about to say. I know that sports media hate Dan Synder. I think we sports fans ha ve lost sight of one overwhelming important fact. He owns the team. the sports media has picked up on the fact he is so hated by the fans. Many of the fans that were here when won the bid loved Jack Kent Cook and wanted his family to maintain control. So short of winning a super bowl he was going to be hated. I am tired of people asking for him to sell the team. How would you feel if someone you didn't like moved next door and  demanded you sell your house. He has not won. Team has been bad. Not much of anything has worked.  Teams win and teams lose. The Cowboy fans hated Jerry Jones until he got lucky and was given a Super Bowl team by the Vikings. It will turn around one day. Just keep cheering. It's great to have passion but I am starting to be ashamed of some of my co-fans. HTTR

People been saying that for 20 years.  Keep dreaming.

9 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not sure how this really applies here,

It doesn't apply here at all.

Dan didn't buy the neighbors house, one that you didn't give 2 ****s about.

Dan bought the movie theater then tripled the price, hired buffoons to make the experience as uncomfortable as possible, charged 50 dollars for parking and then only plays the worst foreign movies in history without subtitles so only people from other places can enjoy the show.

Then he tells us that he's getting close to getting some English speaking movies it's just taken 20 years to get the right projector and bigger theater so he can't fire the buffoons yet. Patience...

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

It doesn't apply here at all.

Dan didn't buy the neighbors house, one that you didn't give 2 ****s about.

Dan bought the movie theater then tripled the price, hired buffoons to make the experience as uncomfortable as possible, charged 50 dollars for parking and then only plays the worst foreign movies in history without subtitles so only people from other places can enjoy the show.

Then he tells us that he's getting close to getting some English speaking movies it's just taken 20 years to get the right projector and bigger theater so he can't fire the buffoons yet. Patience...

Damn man, this is golden.

18 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I dont remember this at all, I'm throwing the red flag.  What's changed? Snyder still owns the site

How you can not remember this? You ARE an original member and have been here long enough to know this and remember this situation. When Blade and Die Hard turned this over to Snyder there was a very happy period of approx. 3-6 months during the transition. After this "happy" period there was a period of time when any anti Snyder/ front office/ draft pick/FA. acquisition type of thread was immediately taken down. During this "unhappy" period in time there was an approx. 1-2 dozen regular posters/ members and maybe many more that just went MIA. They were all original members from 2001 to 2003. Some were season ticket holders and all were die hard skin fans.

I was told that the thread Nazis stopped taking down threads and posts and things were back to normal. I was also told this "unhappy period " only lasted a few months. Since I went MIA shortly after this "unhappy" period started and can not confirm how long it lasted.  I also do not know if those members were banned or just decided not to return.

The real point here is that this matter is yet another example of Snyder through his proxies alienating the fan base.

Archived