Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

0-6 Start, Tell Me It Can't Happen, Please....

Veryoldschool

On 9/25/2019 at 12:46 AM, PigskinPhat said:

On the bright side, the Fins are probably worried about this team getting the worst record this season. The Skins are “TANKING WITHOUT TRYING”. Are we this bad?

“Tanking without trying” great new motto for Snyder’s skins

It is a terrible look to be talking this trash.  Particularly from a guy that has made the type of coin he has to be targeted by opposing QB’s.  

My hats off to him, he leveraged himself from community college to walk on at CCU to becoming the highest paid cornerback in the league.

But dude should probably just eat the humble pie and actually do something.

Josh Norman is a ****ing moron for that, and I've stuck up for him for years here for some reason. 

A smart player, no matter how large the chip on his shoulder is, says "we've let those fans down. We haven't given them a reason to believe. But WE believe, and we'll give the fans a reason to show up and get loud, we owe them better play and better results" whether he believes it or not. I have no illusions about how players in this league feel about the fans, largely. But nobody ever accused Norman of being smart. 

Our defense has done this god damn idiotic "our unappreciated talent against the unbelieving world" routine for the last three seasons at least and always end up ****ting their pants everytime they try to simply fart. This weekend after all this talk will be no different, despite the rookie QB, no Barkley with a bad backup (Gallman blows), traded OBJ, suspended Golden Tate, banged up Shepard...none of it will matter with this defense. Engram is the only weapon we have to worry about really, and he'll have a huge game while our defense is busy shrugging in disbelief like they're the victims of some unforeseen cosmic prank. 

Lose this game Sunday and that Miami game is a battle for top 2 or 3 l pick probably. And to think , some posters were saying the Division was easily possible just 5 weeks back.  

2 weeks from now it will be all who stays?, Haskins plays? and Draft / FA talk. How fast it all falls apart - but by June 2020 - the same people will be stating the same thing, while the realists will snicker and wait for the same result as 25 of 28 years.  Insanity at its core premise ....hopefully it’s only 10% of the fan base that still has this fantasy built into their frontal lobe.   Naaa it’s more like 50%.  Just like Danny likes it.  

28 minutes ago, Cantankerous said:

Just like Danny likes it.  

It's like watching cartoons with kids man.

You already know the ending, yet the real entertainment is watching all these guys work themselves up for some miraculous redemption story that is never going to happen.

Wile E Coyote (Super Genius) = Dan Snyder and for 20 years and counting it has been nothing but idiocy on loop.

17 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Josh Norman is a ****ing moron for that, and I've stuck up for him for years here for some reason. 

A smart player, no matter how large the chip on his shoulder is, says "we've let those fans down. We haven't given them a reason to believe. But WE believe, and we'll give the fans a reason to show up and get loud, we owe them better play and better results" whether he believes it or not. I have no illusions about how players in this league feel about the fans, largely. But nobody ever accused Norman of being smart. 

Our defense has done this god damn idiotic "our unappreciated talent against the unbelieving world" routine for the last three seasons at least and always end up ****ting their pants everytime they try to simply fart. This weekend after all this talk will be no different, despite the rookie QB, no Barkley with a bad backup (Gallman blows), traded OBJ, suspended Golden Tate, banged up Shepard...none of it will matter with this defense. Engram is the only weapon we have to worry about really, and he'll have a huge game while our defense is busy shrugging in disbelief like they're the victims of some unforeseen cosmic prank. 

I can't like this post enough.  Our defense is constantly overrating themselves and constantly being overrated.  They've done dick **** over the years and people thought that this was going to be a top 10 unit...cause of...what, the Bama Boys?

In regards to Norman, I'm over him, too.  He's older, no speed.  Simply can't keep up with a quicker, faster WR.  I don't question his "want to," I know he wants to play well.  He just can't.  

In regards to Norman on the fans...the dude just doesn't get it.  A lot of us have been watching this team since the early 90s, after Gibbs left...and certainly since Snyder bought the team.  Hell, some of us here don't have the luxury of remembering the 80s and the good times.

He just doesn't get what this fanbase has been through.  He might think he does, but he hasn't lived it.  I will give him a pass when it comes to that, he just simply doesn't know what he's talking about.

I guess the best thing about this season so far is that I got an opportunity to participate in this amazing week-long author opportunity in two weeks, one that will give me the opportunity to meet some real heavy hitters in the industry. The timing of it though would mean I would have to miss watching two games. Now, I can't turn down this chance, but I did feel this moment of conflict and wondered if there was away to carve a bit of time out to see the game via wifi or something. Now, I guess I don't have to.

See, the Redskins are looking out for my best interests when I need them most!

Sigh :kickcan:

12 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

What pisses me off the most is that we’ll 100% screw this. We’ll be like 1-12, and then win 3 in a row for no reason, giving us the 7th pick instead of the 1st

0-5 is in the bag,  

I am with you, that drives me nuts when they do that inspired BS out of nowhere.  You need someone with the mentality of Michael Jordan to trash talk a lot of these guys right out of league.  "Now you decide to play?"  Just non stop harassing them for not doing that sooner and then playing well for nothing. 

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am rooting for Haskins, but I also don't want to see this team go and do something like marginally look good in the 2nd half of the season and hurt their draft position. 

I am hoping he flashes big time in shootouts down the stretch where we still lose, and clean house. Rebuilding around him. 

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am rooting for Haskins, but I also don't want to see this team go and do something like marginally look good in the 2nd half of the season and hurt their draft position. 

Why would this team even marginally look good as time goes on? Lol. If anything we’ll have some injuries and look even worse.

Archived