Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

0-6 Start, Tell Me It Can't Happen, Please....

Veryoldschool

I've been focused on the preseason and Haskins vs Keenum to start and I clicked on the schedule to remind myself who the Skins play the Thursday (Atlanta) and made the mistake of looking again at the regular-season schedule and it gave me a start, it might start 0-5 ugly.  Reassure me, tell me where I am wrong, please I mean it but I think the Skins might be dogs in the first 5:

9/6 @ Philly  - Philly looks like the best in the division to me and it's in Philly.

9/15 Dallas - This might be our best shot at a W in the first 5 games but I expect Dallas to be favored and I don't know why we should expect to win.

9/23 Chicago-  I saw the Bears last year and they looked really good, they are one of the preseason Super Bowl contenders.  This looks like the least favorable match-up on the list.

9/29 NY Giants - This is probably the second-best chance for a W in the list

10/6  New England  - I suppose New England could decide to take the week off but I think they win as big as they want.

Hopefully, I'm the only guy who can envision an 0-5 start.  Please tell me I'm all wrong.

One final thought, if the Skins go 0-5 and fire Jay I would like to see Bruce Allen named interim coach for the rest of the season.  Bruce has done so much winning off the field for the Skins he deserves a chance to be the hero and win on the field before fading into the sunset at year-end!

Every year people look at the schedule and pretend they know which games are wins and which games are losses based off last years results and every year we're all wrong.

I'm not trying to say there's no chance of us going o and 5 to start the season but recent past history would suggest otherwise. 

We started 6 and 3 last year with an offense that was pretty damned inept and our defense should only be better with more experienced coordinators and some new talent in Landon and montez.

Gruden may not have the moxie to be a great coach but he also doesn't seem to be a coach that can't win any games.

My bet is either 2 and 3 or 3 and 2 to start the season.

Agree with most of the others...it looks like on paper we should go 3-13 but I don't see that happening either. Just two years ago we won in LA and at home against a Raider team that was 2-0 and had scored 71 points coming into the game. 

I see why you'd be tempted to predict 0-5 but we usually win a couple games that we shouldn't each year. One upset and a win in NY and we are 2-3. That also likely means that we'll get blown out later in the year against Miami or something. 

Looks like our offense is going to be offensive again this year, especially minus TW. I don't see us starting 0-5, but I'd bet real money on 2-3 at best. Philly/NE/CHI will probably walk over us with ease. We should have enough to compete and win against the pokes and gnats.

Either way, I see us as a 6-10 team this year, maybe 5-11. But we'll see how it goes.

0-5 couldn't happen. 0-7, 0-8, and 0-10 is a possibility though. Realistically, I think we steal a win or two, but I still think at the end of the day it will be a rotten season unless the defense emerges as a rich man's version of the '85 Bears.

I am thinking we're looking at anywhere from four to seven wins with Gruden checking out and throwing in the towel at some point on the season. He has a history of waving the white flag and I don't think it's in his nature to fight when things look impossible. I also think that Gruden will shrug and say, well, injuries doomed us. How could we possibly win without Colt McCoy starting?

My predictions knowing the Redskins:

Week 1 - Blowout loss. Philly looks like division leaders, we look like a disaster. Gruden should be fired, Haskins must start now, season is over, etc. 

Week 2 - Solid win at home over Dallas. 

Week 3 - Upset special. Skins at 2-1!

Week 4 - Blowout loss. The 0-3 Giants bring the Skins back down to reality. 

Week 5 - Loss. 

2-3

3 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Week 1 - Blowout loss. Philly looks like division leaders, we look like a disaster. Gruden should be fired, Haskins must start now, season is over, etc. 

Week 5 - Loss. 

2-3

This seems like it was said in jest but I totally agree.

That would be very very Redskin like. 

12 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Week 5 - Loss. 

2-3

I like this.

that's not the current plan, but i'll check with larry the nose in vegas and mr. smith at hq to confirm there hasn't been any changes in the script for the first half of the nfl season

this is just between us, needless to say

remember to tip the refs

Eagles and Pats are just at another level, and Chicago's defense against our oline I'm not looking forward to.  However, Dallas without Zeke at home, that's a winnable game, as is the Giants game.  The question will always be whether we can limit our turnovers and our defense keep us in the game.  Straight up, our defense may need to win us one like the Tampa game last year.

I don't believe in 0-5, but would not be shocked if we don't storm out the gate.  Again, we really don't need to based on the schedule (if we're going to freakout about the beginning of the schedule we should be fair about the remainder of it).

I'm telling you I love our chances as under dogs week 1...early game, not nationally televised...if our defense comes out way strong I like are chances week 2 and week 3..even though it's prime time my skins always do good against my wifes bears...I'll spot mac 3 sacks and a forced fumble off the bat..

If you get the Patriots in the first 7-8 weeks ya got a shot at em..if our defense is close to on fire we got this game too..and than in..ahhh **** it 15-1..i know this is a first 5 weeks thread but I thought I'd just cover the whole season lol..

Oh and as long as eli is playing we always got a shot at the vagiants..

32 minutes ago, redrobert said:

If we win 2 of the 3 Division games in the first 5 I’d be pleased...

Agreed

Eagles should be L, Home against Dallas is a coin toss, Giants should be WIN , Pat & Bears will wreck our ****

It's all going to depend on how well the O-Line responds to not having #71 around, things could get ugly real fast at QB if this line can't cope. 0-5 is possible 😐

Schedule looks tough this year but teams change a lot in the NFL so it is really difficult to predict which teams lose and gain an edge. 

It does look like we have the Eagles without fletcher cox and possibly the Cowboys without zeke. Could bode well for us in the first few games. 

9 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

Schedule looks tough this year but teams change a lot in the NFL so it is really difficult to predict which teams lose and gain an edge. 

It does look like we have the Eagles without fletcher cox and possibly the Cowboys without zeke. Could bode well for us in the first few games. 

That would be huge If they dont have fletcher..

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

It's tough sledding and 0-5 is certainly possible. But division games are basically a crap shoot and Chicago may not nearly as good as last year (which was very defense driven)

I don't know why the Bears wouldn't be just as good if not better. Mack one more year in the system, Jackson one more year in the system. The loss of Amos and Callahan hurt but the additions of Skrine and Ha-Ha offsets that.

3 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

I've been focused on the preseason and Haskins vs Keenum to start and I clicked on the schedule to remind myself who the Skins play the Thursday (Atlanta) and made the mistake of looking again at the regular-season schedule and it gave me a start, it might start 0-5 ugly.  Reassure me, tell me where I am wrong, please I mean it but I think the Skins might be dogs in the first 5:

9/6 @ Philly  - Philly looks like the best in the division to me and it's in Philly.

9/15 Dallas - This might be our best shot at a W in the first 5 games but I expect Dallas to be favored and I don't know why we should expect to win.

9/23 Chicago-  I saw the Bears last year and they looked really good, they are one of the preseason Super Bowl contenders.  This looks like the least favorable match-up on the list.

9/29 NY Giants - This is probably the second-best chance for a W in the list

10/6  New England  - I suppose New England could decide to take the week off but I think they win as big as they want.

Hopefully, I'm the only guy who can envision an 0-5 start.  Please tell me I'm all wrong.

One final thought, if the Skins go 0-5 and fire Jay I would like to see Bruce Allen named interim coach for the rest of the season.  Bruce has done so much winning off the field for the Skins he deserves a chance to be the hero and win on the field before fading into the sunset at year-end!

You're worried about going 0-5, yet at the same time so excited for the season to start, you're like "Can we just tee it up now" ?

I don't get where you're at ? 🤣

Archived