Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

0-6 Start, Tell Me It Can't Happen, Please....

Veryoldschool

Of course it can happen. 1-4 is more likely.  Everyone is penciling a win vs. Dallas without Zeke. That is the type of game that Jay loses. You expect them to win and they lose. Odds are we win one of two: Dallas or @New York. We aren't winning both.

The big question is when Haskins becomes the starter? Also, if the Skins start out 0-5 or 1-4; does Dan fire Jay? 

1 hour ago, jbird said:

I ant Scared of da bears, But Khaiil Mack going up against Don Penn, Eric Flowers or Geron Terrifies me.

I think that Jay is intentially not tipping his hand with Quinn and McLairen not seeing much time in preseason.

Guice and SP are going to be fresh as well as CT.

I think your spot on with McLauren, Im a little worried about Quinns Durability.  

1 hour ago, bonesbr549 said:

Sad part is in my mind and for years now (and I do remember the glory days)..my stretch goal is 500 for this team.  

Yeah, 8-8 or 9-7 is as bold as I can dream now but hopefully, the defense will be dominant the offense average and we can be .500 and build from there.

15 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Eagles have problems of their own. I heard their OL is having issues and also hear Wentz isn't totally healthy and may go through the whole preseason without playing at all. At backup QB, they've lost Foles, Sudfeld, and Kessler.

So our first game we'll get a QB who will be perhaps rusty and/or injury prone, and perhaps a weak OL, facing one of the league's best defensive fronts, so if he goes down, it's Josh McCown. So I like our chances in Game 1.

I hope this is true because a win against Philly would be a major positive jolt and the confidence coming off of that would lead to more wins!

9 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Of course it can happen. 1-4 is more likely.  Everyone is penciling a win vs. Dallas without Zeke. That is the type of game that Jay loses. You expect them to win and they lose. Odds are we win one of two: Dallas or @New York. We aren't winning both.

The big question is when Haskins becomes the starter? Also, if the Skins start out 0-5 or 1-4; does Dan fire Jay? 

What could be interesting is if the timing aligns where Jay is fired, O'Connell is promoted, and Haskins is handed the reins. 

Could be 0-5 or even 5-0, but I'm feeling a 2-3 start and the wins may be surprising. There's always early-season weirdness that happens in the league. Not saying NE will inexplicably lose to us, but there's always something bizarre that happens early.

19 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He should grow a beard like Julian Edelman.

That's Edelman's secret to being such a durable guy at such a small size in the slot.

The beard acts like a Shock Absorber on all those hard hits, so he doesn't get hurt.

julian-edelman9.jpg

As a fellow amazing beard haver, I cant argue with this logic. 

45 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Depends on whether the loses were due to Keenum throwing 8 picks or if they were due to injuries/missed FG's/space aliens etc...

The way the OL looks right now, Keenum may be running for his life and out due to leg cramps by the 3rd quarter of the Philly game.....

1.  Eagles smoke us.  The Jay must go people go crazy and put it on him for his preseason prep.  Personally, I just think the Eagles are stacked.  Some say they are the most talented team in the NFL.  Unless Wentz gets hurt (which is always possible) I think they steamroll this division.   

2.  Cowboys.  If Elliot doesn't play, I think we win in a squeaker.  Joy returns!  Some angst about half the stands being Cowboy fans but the joy of the win drapes that fact. 

3.  Bears.  I think the Bears are a bit overrated.  However, MNF?  MNF at home?  Redskins might be the worst team in the history of MNF as to this century and it goes back to different regimes.  I bet there is a 30-30 on it one day.  Bears win in a squeaker.  

4.  Giants.  The in vogue thing for some of the national media is that some are too harsh on the Giants and its the Redskins who deserve the joke status in the division.  I think these guys go a bit too far on that front.  I don't think this team is way better than the Giants but they are a little better.  That's enough to win in a squeaker,

5.  Patriots.  They come here and smoke us.

So 2-3.  That's my guess.

21 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

9/6 @ Philly  - Philly looks like the best in the division to me and it's in Philly.

9/15 Dallas - This might be our best shot at a W in the first 5 games but I expect Dallas to be favored and I don't know why we should expect to win.

9/23 Chicago-  I saw the Bears last year and they looked really good, they are one of the preseason Super Bowl contenders.  This looks like the least favorable match-up on the list.

9/29 NY Giants - This is probably the second-best chance for a W in the list

10/6  New England  - I suppose New England could decide to take the week off but I think they win as big as they want.

Hopefully, I'm the only guy who can envision an 0-5 start.  Please tell me I'm all wrong.

You have nothing to worry about, you are wrong :)

I have us at 10-6.  Of the 5 you listed, I have L's to Philly (We get them later in the year at home) and NE.  I say we beat dallas here (drop the game against them in Texas) and sweep the giants.  The wildcard is the VERY over rated Bears.  So of this 5 I say either 2-3 or 3-2

Wow. We’re so much better than our own fans are giving us credit for. When healthy, which we mostly are for the time being, our ones are in the top 3/4 of the league. Our D-line could be the second coming of what the Giants had in the oughts, and that would successfully negate the strengths of every other NFC East team.

Week 1 - Philly- Skins look great and we win.  Everyone gets excited.  2 more OL players left game early, Reed left in 4th qtr, Quinn out most of 2nd half. Jay says "no seriously injuries - they all could have played if needed"

Week 2 - Dallas -Skins win ugly.  Reed didn't play after 1st qtr at all, AP and Chris t left game at half time in what looked like serious injuries, Daron Payne carted off field.  Jay gruden - "Daron is pretty serious. but we will rebound and be ok.

Week 3 -After saying all week only Daron is out - AP and Chris T are on inactive list, Reed moved to IR, Quinn limps off in 2nd qtr and 4th qtr.  Skins lose 

Week 4 - AP and Chris T go on IR, Quinn returns but is obviously slow. 2 OL get carted off the field.  Blow out loss and Keenum doesn't play at all in 4th qtr.  Jay Gruden says "We got lots of work to do.  But we will get some people healthy and be ok"

Week 5 -Keenum is ruled out at last min after a week where Jay says he isn't practicing only as a "precaution" -Colt is named starter.  He however gets hurt by halftime.  Allen limps off field, Landon Collins dislocated a shoulder and says "I should be ok by next week" (Hes not), 3 people who played more then 50% of the time at OL were not even on the team on Aug 21st.  Skins somehow win. Jay give press conference that says "Proud of the guys and their fight. We will get people healthy and next man up. No one will feel sorry for us"

Skins win only 2 more games rest of the year and suffer 29 more injuries.  

(Sigh - i ma be feeling a little pessimistic today)  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

3.  Bears.  I think the Bears are a bit overrated.  However, MNF?  MNF at home?  Redskins might be the worst team in the history of MNF as to this century and it goes back to different regimes.  I bet there is a 30-30 on it one day.  Bears win in a squeaker.  

MNF loss a squeaker? Whatever the bears are favored by I am betting them to cover. We find ways to let the opponent cover weird crap, ala KC two years ago. 

22 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The team is .500ish but the margins are thin.  A couple injuries and a few bad bounces and **** could head south in a hurry.

0-5 is about as likely as 4-1, I think.

I’ll guess a gritty 2-3 looking to make up ground down the stretch.

0-5 is not about as likely as 4-1, thats for sure.

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

MNF loss a squeaker? Whatever the bears are favored by I am betting them to cover. We find ways to let the opponent cover weird crap, ala KC two years ago. 

We've been thumped on MNF a lot.  but I just don't think much of the Bears offense so I don't think they are going to be destroying teams.  I think their defense will help them win close games.

Win or Lose: Has this team ever looked good in Week 1 under Gruden?  Not sure why everyone expects that to be different, especially against the likely division winner.  We can cross our fingers that somehow the Eagles are sleeping at the wheel too, but this team has never looked regular season ready in September under this coaching staff.

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Last year, yep....were up 21-0 at the half and won 24-6.

eh.....against a very bad Cardinals team, I remember them looking ok but still underwhelming, however yeah that was probably the best they had looked in a Week 1 game under Gruden.

14 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

eh.....against a very bad Cardinals team, I remember them looking ok but still underwhelming, however yeah that was probably the best they had looked in a Week 1 game under Gruden.

Well, one of the reasons you could say the Cards looked bad was because our defense looked good. It might not be accurate, but you could say it lol...

Archived