Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

0-6 Start, Tell Me It Can't Happen, Please....

Veryoldschool

1 hour ago, jsharrin55 said:

I still think a 3rd or 4th is possible for Norman and unload the $$.  We'd eat about 6mill is dead cap, and another team would need 11 mill (8.5ish prorated) for him.  No guaranteed next year and could be cut.  edit: with so many injuries to other teams, I'd think someone would bite.

I don't see it.  

He wouldn't start for most teams right now.  He looks terrible.  No team would give a 3rd or 4th or even a 7th at this point plus pay him 11 mill for his services.  He stood out today and not in a good way.  At all.

3 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Stadium is decent.  10 years old and its nice.  Just average on game experience I thought compared to other stadiums.  Fans were surprisingly hyped - I guess the Daniel Jones factor has gotten them up.  They are 2-2 now and many were acting like they are contenders after this win today.  There were several obnoxious Giants fans around but nothing that couldn't be ignored.  80% of the Giants fans were really cool.  They got loud at times but nothing compared to Seattle.  

Giants fans will tell you that it's their roommates (the Jets) who give people the impression it's a bad place to see a game, and I'd agree with that. Giants fans will give you some good natured ribbing, and maybe a little off color language if we wind up beating them, but I've seen far worse behavior there by Jets fans. And Giants fans are usually pretty knowledgeable about the game, so if you are polite and friendly, you can sit and talk football with people in your section regardless who you are rooting for.    

1 hour ago, Idaho fan said:

I don't see it.  

He wouldn't start for most teams right now.  He looks terrible.  No team would give a 3rd or 4th or even a 7th at this point plus pay him 11 mill for his services.  He stood out today and not in a good way.  At all.

He still shows what made him great at random times (not arguing often) on a team that as many have said has given up.  I think there is still more there, we just wont see it in Washington.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:07 PM, hatchetwound said:

You have nothing to worry about, you are wrong :)

I have us at 10-6.  Of the 5 you listed, I have L's to Philly (We get them later in the year at home) and NE.  I say we beat dallas here (drop the game against them in Texas) and sweep the giants.  The wildcard is the VERY over rated Bears.  So of this 5 I say either 2-3 or 3-2

Man... I was WAY off :( 

I really thought we would be a team defined by  strong running attack (Guice, Peterson, CT), playing very good to great defense and Case would do just enough to win.  Like somewhere between Minnesota Case and Denver Case.

But this..... This feels like when we got stomped by the Giants toward the end of the year last year. Just completely mailing it in.   Its PATHEITC.  Its embarrassing!  How can the players not care!!!

13 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Shouldn't the title be updated to 0-6?

We know we'll be crushed by the Patriots; the only question left is... can we even beat the Dolphins?

Heck, should we root for it at this point?  We are going to be BAD, might as well be the worst.  Get that tiebreaker!

Can't see how we beat the Dolphins or any other team at this point. We do nothing well...even putting our own into the ring of honor, we screwed that up. Our punter is easily our best player. And the GM thinks we're close to greatness? How much more laughable can we be?

6 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

Heck, should we root for it at this point?  We are going to be BAD, might as well be the worst.  Get that tiebreaker!

Well, I've been rooting for them to lose every game anyway (I'm having a good year so far). But if by "tiebreaker" you mean a tiebreaker with Miami for the number 1 pick, the head to head records don't matter in that determination.

And I'll still be amazed if we can lose to Miami.

On 9/29/2019 at 7:11 PM, Veryoldschool said:

Bruce, could pass me a Coors......I think a nice cold Coors would really hit the spot.

Seriously, why do you think this team is talented?  The best player on the  offense is a 34 year old running back.  The defense is grossly overrated, what a joke.  The best player on the team is the punter.  This team is bottom quartile at best and is playing that bad.

What makes you think the defense is overrated? Is it the players or the coaching? If you go with the players as the problem then you think Greg Manusky is a good DC.  We got rid of Preston Smith and he is in Green Bay balling out in a good defense that is run by a good DC. Ha Ha Clinton Dix doing the same in Chicago.  Let Payne and Allen go to another team and see them become All Pros.  Peterson is still a good player because he kept himself in shape but Terry McLaurin is the best Offensive Player because he is balling out. He knows how to run a proper route and can get separation. He didn't learn that from Ike Hillard. I don't believe that the Punter is the best Player on the team but has been the MVP of the team for his punting. He is doing his job.  This is the worst team I have ever seen as a Redskins fan for over 50 years and it is painful to watch.  

On 9/29/2019 at 9:00 PM, jsharrin55 said:

TW isn't coming back for this.  At the very least get a 1st+ for him and move on.

I still think a 3rd or 4th is possible for Norman and unload the $$.  We'd eat about 6mill is dead cap, and another team would need 11 mill (8.5ish prorated) for him.  No guaranteed next year and could be cut.  edit: with so many injuries to other teams, I'd think someone would bite.

If Scherff is not considered for a re-up, then trade him for a pick, at least a 3rd.  If not, I guess let him walk and get the likely 3rd, maybe 4th round comp.

Agreed on Trent, if you can get a 1st, trade him now.

If you can get a 3rd or higher for scherff, and I bet we can, trade him now.  He will definitely sign for enough.money to earn a 3rd round comp, but it will be on the tail end and one year later, so might as well get it now if you can.  Only benefit to letting him finish the year here is to protect DH as he gets snaps this year, which is probably worth waiting a year for the pick.  But if we can get a 1st or 2nd, sold.

No way we get anything above a 6th for Norman, and I'd be surprised at that, due to his age, declining performance, and cap hit.  Maybe if a contender feels an experienced cb could get them over the hump this postseason?  

And I hope Reed never plays another down, for his own sake, but we need to part ways with him regardless.  

15 hours ago, paloosa said:

What makes you think the defense is overrated?

I watched the games and the defense we expected to be good is poor.  The DL that people wondered if it was the best in franchise history  is far from good, and the rest of the unit, forgetaboutit. 

Terry McLaurin is the best Offensive Player because he is balling out. He knows how to run a proper route and can get separation.

Terry McLaurin has played in just a couple of games.  That fact that you would identify him as the best player on the offense says a lot about how putrid the Skins offense is now.  I like McLaurin, I think the Skins might have finally drafted an impactful receiver, but it is really bad that a kid with just a few outings looks like the best player on the offense to you.

This is the worst team I have ever seen as a Redskins fan for over 50 years and it is painful to watch.  

You think it is the worse Redskins team in 50 years but you also think the Skins may have a talented roster?  I just don't see how the two things can exist at the same time.  Is the Redskins coaching staff really that bad?  They produced mediocre results in recent years so I can't say that they are really that awful.  I don't think the Redkins have that many starters that would start for one of the good teams in the League, maybe a handful but no more.

Archived