Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

0-6 Start, Tell Me It Can't Happen, Please....

Veryoldschool

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I don't have the skills to organize the when/how, but we MUST come up with some sort of fan revolt that can't be ignored. I can't take this **** anymore!!!

how can you get attention when you don't even show up

Good news. The Bengals ALSO play both Miami and the Jets. Lots of potential between those 3 teams over 4 games to really help this team climb that draft chart. I mean, if the Redskins just do their part and lose to both, we can hold out hope that the Bengals manage a win over one of the other 2.

how would fans feel if the Skins ended up recovering a little, finished 5-11 and dropped to like seventh in the draft.  And if you're wondering what five teams they could beat, Dolphins, Jets, Vikings(cause Kirk) Giants and Cowboys

8 minutes ago, carex said:

how would fans feel if the Skins ended up recovering a little, finished 5-11 and dropped to like seventh in the draft. 

Come on buddy, these guys aren't going to go 5-6 the rest of the way.

3-13? Ok that might be possible but what is the point?

5 minutes ago, glongest said:

I hope to God they go 0-16.  I want Snyder and Allen to have to wallow in what they are responsible for creating.  There are not many teams who have gone 0 and 16 but there are no two other goons that deserve it more than these two.  

you know I don't like seeing the Skins losing.  But I still can't understand this hostility.

Of course it's partially because when a failed savior of the franchise leaves, I don't take his word for everything that's going

27 minutes ago, carex said:

how would fans feel if the Skins ended up recovering a little, finished 5-11 and dropped to like seventh in the draft.  And if you're wondering what five teams they could beat, Dolphins, Jets, Vikings(cause Kirk) Giants and Cowboys

At this point, it really depends on who is under center in the next 11 games.

Going 5-6 the rest of the way with Colt or Case is a complete waste of time, IMO.  With Haskins, I don't think anyone cares what the record is, as long as he makes progress during the course of the season. And if he doesn't and we bottom out to 1-15/2-14, we could be picking yet another QB. 

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

At this point, it really depends on who is under center in the next 11 games.

Going 5-6 the rest of the way with Colt or Case is a complete waste of time, IMO.  With Haskins, I don't think anyone cares what the record is, as long as he makes progress during the course of the season. And if he doesn't and we bottom out to 1-15/2-14, we could be picking yet another QB. 

plenty of quality QBs don't win squat their first year.  Fans who are so pissed about us wasting resources have no excuse to support us picking another QB

36 minutes ago, carex said:

Awful unless it was because Haskins starts to shine and take over games. It's pointless otherwise, and you know everyone's feelings as to why even if you disagree. 

4 minutes ago, carex said:

plenty of quality QBs don't win squat their first year.  Fans who are so pissed about us wasting resources have no excuse to support us picking another QB

Well again, it should be based on how Haskins himself is progressing. The problem is that Dwayne really doesn't have a lot of talent on his side of the ball to work with (other than his OSU teammate) and the defense is complete garbage and alone will ensure we don't win a lot of games this season. I personally think we should draft another skill guy like the Alabama WR to help the offense. 

5 minutes ago, carex said:

I agree that plenty of quality QBs don't win in year 1, you but it'd depend on how Haskins looks.  Quite frankly, no one here on this roster should be safe outside of McLaurin.  Haskins shouldn't be guaranteed anything unless he comes in and lights it up.  IMO, we overrate our talent.  

7 minutes ago, carex said:

Fans who are so pissed about us wasting resources have no excuse to support us picking another QB

No reason to double down on a bad pick though. Even though this is a DS specially it's never once worked out for the team.

55 minutes ago, carex said:

What makes you think we could beat the Cowboys and Vikings?

Just now, carex said:

my reason for us beating the Vikings is right in there.  And the Cowboys we frequently split with

Cause Kirk......please.  He will light us up, just like every other teams elite, average, or ****ty QB does.  And frequently split means **** this year, we are a ****ing joke of a team with a ****ing joke of a coaching staff and FO and owner.  We ain't winning ****.

4 hours ago, Peregrine said:

On paper, I would say even we should beat Miami by an okay margin as they are just dreadful upon dreadful.

However, I just realized they are coming off of a buy week.  Rested up and ready to go maybe?

Dolphins Defensive Coaches (after an extra week to game plan for the Redskins): "Let's first take away what the Redskins do best..."

Dolphins Defensive players: "What if they don't do anything best?"

Dolphins Defensive Coaches: "Ok, well let's identify what the Redskins do worst and try to exploit that."

Dolphins Defensive Players: "Is that a trick question?" 

7 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Cause Kirk......please.  He will light us up, just like every other teams elite, average, or ****ty QB does.  And frequently split means **** this year, we are a ****ing joke of a team with a ****ing joke of a coaching staff and FO and owner.  We ain't winning ****.

Exactly. This isn't like the Marty 0-5 year. The Skins haven't even been remotely competitive in any of their games, so far. Even the miserable Giants and their rookie QB curb-stomped the Redskins.

If the interim HC lights a fire under the team and the light bulb suddenly switches on for Haskins, I can see the Skins getting to 4-12. Otherwise, I think we're looking at 0 to 2 wins.

3 minutes ago, profusion said:

Exactly. This isn't like the Marty 0-5 year. The Skins haven't even been remotely competitive in any of their games, so far. Even the miserable Giants and their rookie QB curb-stomped the Redskins.

If the interim HC lights a fire under the team and the light bulb suddenly switches on for Haskins, I can see the Skins getting to 4-12. Otherwise, I think we're looking at 0 to 2 wins.

We really weren't competitive under Marty for the first four games. The game which got us to 0-5 was a MNF game against the up-to-then winless Cowboys, and we should've won, but Stephen Davis fumbled late, leading to a Dallas GWFG.  The game against Miami will be similar to that 2001 Cowboys one as far as caliber of opponent.

When the Skins did return home to play Carolina in 2001 at 0-5, the stadium was still packed with Skins fans. Regardless of what happens against Miami, I see the SF game as being a ghost town at FedEx. 

1 hour ago, glongest said:

I hope to God they go 0-16.  I want Snyder and Allen to have to wallow in what they are responsible for creating.  There are not many teams who have gone 0 and 16 but there are no two other goons that deserve it more than these two.  

It's sad that the only way i get my kicks now is by venomously hate watching this team, in hopes that it burns to the ground to the point that there is nothing left. 

Archived