Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

0-6 Start, Tell Me It Can't Happen, Please....

Veryoldschool

Just now, Boss_Hogg said:

The difference between the Dolphins and Redskins is that the Redskins don’t mean to tank the season

Indeed. Thats why the Dolphins front office would be making that face. They thought they’d be able to go 0-16 if they wanted to, but they may not be able to lose to us.

2 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

Landon Collins. Josh Norman. DeSean Jackson. Not as often but it still happens 

1st, all were in their primes when they were signed. DJax worked out well and they should have re-signed him.  

Norman was coming off some good years and was still young. It hasn’t worked, but part of that is Manusky is an idiot who doesn’t know what to do with personnel.

Collins has played 3 games for a bozo DC.

And when did it become wrong to go into FA and sign high impact players?

The problem is they haven’t done enough of it in the last 9 years.

They haven’t been free-spending for Over the hill guys in close to 10 years.  

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

1st, all were in their primes when they were signed. DJax worked out well and they should have re-signed him.  

Norman was coming off some good years and was still young. It hasn’t worked, but part of that is Manusky is an idiot who doesn’t know what to do with personnel.

You were responding to a post about AB. AB isn’t over the hill in any shape or form. 

2 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

The difference between the Dolphins and Redskins is that the Redskins don’t mean to tank the season

I watched Dallas/Miami on Sunday, going in trying to evaluate whether or not they're truly tanking.  Soon as I clicked on the game , Miami recovered an onside kick (was called back), and said, no no this team isn't tanking they're trying.  ...then again, going for a random onside kick seems like a **** the season move.  Nonetheless, those players were on the field trying to win.  Couple dropped passes and a fumble before halftime and the rest is history, but they were trying.  They didn't drop the passes and fumble on purpose.

Point is, the players aren't tanking on the field, the team is just bad.  And so are we.  We and the dolphins ..we don't know what we're doing or what we want to do.  We're not confident, we go in with a bunch of scripted plays, try to get things going, and don't make any adjustments because we have nothing to adjust to.  This whole "tanking" talk is a way to make bad teams feel better..at least for the fans.  The truth is far more boring ..were just bad.  We need better direction, better coaching .  This is why coaches get fired and that **** is about to happen here.  At least it should.  These are talented guys running scripted stuff that looks like nonsense once the game gets off script, which it always will.

Call it tanking if you want.  Fire the coaches now or in the off-season, it won't make a difference this year as far as playoff chances are concerned .  I just hope there's a long term thought process to this from the FO and, well... I doubt there is unfortunately.  We basically need Haskins to be great on his own at some point.  There's a chance I suppose.

Well I am finally running out of games with which I can convince myself we wont be 0&5.  The Giants should probably have lost last week so that is all the knowledge I need to convince me we will win :headbang:

The Pats are the Borg.  They will crush us to the point where we will be too numb to feel the pain anymore.

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Alex Smith.....he was about as average as u can get at qb and we threw guaranteed money at him as well as some picks and a promising young corner no team does this besides us for over the hill qbs 

6 hours ago, volsmet said:

Indeed. Thats why the Dolphins front office would be making that face. They thought they’d be able to go 0-16 if they wanted to, but they may not be able to lose to us.

Flores is gonna one-up Gruden and call running plays not just on almost every 1st down, but on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. The Dolphins will not be denied! But then again, maybe Gruden will have Allen, Payne, and Ionnadis inactive.....you know, to shore up special teams with some off-the-street waiver claims. We've got ourselves a decision-maker in Ashburn, folks.

This is a 3 win team at best.. Can't run the ball to save its life. Casserly was right, our D is overrated. This so called building process is a joke. And the problem is we have no identity as a team. Enough so called talent to where last year at the mid way point people had us winning the division. Take away a couple guys and were a lottery team.. Didn't we just go through a rebuilding process??

Going back and reading some of the earliest posts makes the ones who predicted a 2-3 start sound almost insane.  Although the team can actually still go 2-3 if they win the next two games.

It's not insanity or delusion, however, when we post positive things about our beloved franchise...it's hope, which is quickly running out for the 20-something time in the last 28 years.

I am already beyond this season and expecting a top-5 draft pick with at least one trade down to recoup the second-round pick we traded away in the previous draft. 

Even though I was 30 the last time the Redskins won the Super Bowl, hope still springs eternal.🤗  Hail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Dirt said:

I watched Dallas/Miami on Sunday, going in trying to evaluate whether or not they're truly tanking. ... Nonetheless, those players were on the field trying to win.  Couple dropped passes and a fumble before halftime and the rest is history, but they were trying.  They didn't drop the passes and fumble on purpose.

Point is, the players aren't tanking on the field, the team is just bad.  And so are we. 

This is exactly the impression I got from the game.  They have a lot of athletic players and the coach looked really intense.  Not a sure win for the Skins.

21 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

This is a 3 win team at best..,,,

To get to three wins, I think we need Dallas to be 14-1 going into week 17.  Good enough that winning won't help their playoff position, but not so good that their is something historic on the line.  And we need to hope that Darnold has a prolonged case of mono.

I wasn't expecting a lot out of this season, but they've exceeded my expectations once again.  I know this isn't the popular stance, but the players aren't good.  I've been hearing "it's the coaching" for the last 20 years.  One player in the top 100, and he'd rather sit at home than make half a million per week.  

And did I actually hear Gruden say that Scherff injured his ankle, went back into the game, injured his knee, and went back into the game?  Why? With our Super Bowl less than three weeks away? Why?

4 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

Imagine being a skins fan in your mid 30s or younger (like myself). What memory are we holding onto? Rg3 2012? 5 in a row or we don’t go? Tampa playoff win? Not a lot to hold on to. 

Wow!!!  Your post hurt my heart.  Being 58, I have witnessed some great Redskins teams.  So you don't know what it feels like to cheer for a great team that plays a bad game and still wins the game?  Neither do you really know what it feels like to know before the season starts that your team is going to win X number of games and make the playoffs.

The last 28 years have been difficult for us all, but it is better to have loved and loss (the late 30-somethings and older) than to never have loved at all (the early 30-somethings and younger).

To be clear, the saying is not a metaphor about loving or not loving the Redskins, but a metaphor for knowing what it feels like to seriously compete for and win championships.  There was a time not too long ago when the Redskins consistently did that.

3 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

Wow!!!  Your post hurt my heart.  Being 58, I have witnessed some great Redskins teams.  So you don't know what it feels like to cheer for a great team that plays a bad game and still wins the game?  Neither do you really know what it feels like to know before the season starts that your team is going to win X number of games and make the playoffs.

The last 28 years have been difficult for us all, but it is better to have loved and loss (the late 30-somethings and older) than to never have loved at all (the early 30-somethings and younger).

To be clear, the saying is not a metaphor about loving or not loving the Redskins, but a metaphor for knowing what it feels like to seriously compete for and win championships.  There was a time not too long ago when the Redskins consistently did that.

Hell, I'm 43 and have great memories of great 'Skins teams!  One moment in particular that sticks out in my head is a game against the Cardinals in 1992.  They were throttling them and the Cardinals had a big play on offense late in the game.  They were showboating on the field and Darrell Green, Charles Mann, Martin Mayhew and a few others tapped a few Cardinals on the shoulders and pointed at the scoreboard.  That is what I long for now, moments like that.  

This team is not only bad they seemingly have no heart.  They are playing soulless, no pride.  A winless season is definitely probable.  What is worse

this team can't be fixed with a high draft pick.  The team needs to be gutted from the top down.  

6 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Flores is gonna one-up Gruden and call running plays not just on almost every 1st down, but on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. The Dolphins will not be denied! But then again, maybe Gruden will have Allen, Payne, and Ionnadis inactive.....you know, to shore up special teams with some off-the-street waiver claims. We've got ourselves a decision-maker in Ashburn, folks.

The Dolphins threw the ball all over Dallas in the first half only to run 4 times in a row from inside the 5 resulting in a fg & a fumble. You may be on to something.

5 hours ago, sempre_victrix said:

If going 0-5 or 0-10 is what it takes for Snyder to get off of his ass and fires Jay or Bruce, then I'm all for it.  This team is doomed with them running it.  I'd love to hear a valid reason for disagreement.

0-16 > 7-9

Archived