Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

FWIW - reference the helmet issue last year.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27968844/redskins-lt-trent-williams-fails-physical-due-helmet-discomfort

Redskins LT Trent Williams fails physical due to helmet discomfort

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins tackle Trent Williams failed his physical Wednesday, casting more doubt on his immediate playing future.

Williams, who ended his holdout Tuesday, did not pass his physical because there was discomfort when he put on his helmet. Williams underwent surgery to remove a growth on his head in the offseason.

Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan said that Williams would have passed the physical otherwise. He said he wasn't sure if Williams needed to have a specially-designed helmet.

Click on the link to read the entire article

Just now, drowland said:

The helmet thing wasn't known until he reported, which was after the trade deadline passed.  He probably knew, but it doesn't sound like the Skins were aware until he he showed up.  

It was not public I agree with you. It was certain that TW knew and who knows what Bruce knew. Not much as usual I suppose

19 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

FWIW -

bloody hell @HigSkin I came into this thread, seen that post and thought he’d failed another physical....:rofl89:

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Umm... yes, please.

thing is Tunsil also wants the best end of 20mil p/y. Clearly different situation/circumstances to Trent, but nevertheless, do we want to go there?

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

I saw a proposed trade where the Rams send WR Brandon Cooks to the Skins straight up for Trent...Cooks is under contract for 4 years. I'm not sold on this but Cooks would be a nice weapon for DH. Anyone like this deal? The Rams are trying to shed payroll and could use Trent big time, especially vs the Niners twice a year. 

Cooks is Jordan Reed 2.0 in regards to his concussions last year.  They may even release him if he has another.

Maybe Cooks and their second round draft selection.  

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I saw a proposed trade where the Rams send WR Brandon Cooks to the Skins straight up for Trent...Cooks is under contract for 4 years. I'm not sold on this but Cooks would be a nice weapon for DH. Anyone like this deal? The Rams are trying to shed payroll and could use Trent big time, especially vs the Niners twice a year. 

No Thanks.. Cooks has now failed on 3 teams that all tried to trade him after 1-2 years. If he was truly special no way teams get rid of a #1 WR that soon. There is something off about him.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It makes sense that the Browns would be in on tackle Trent Williams. I’m told ex-GM John Dorsey checked in on a weekly basis to try to pry Williams, and got a flat no on each occasion from the Redskins brass.

I hate Bruce Allen. What a schmarmy, slimy, vindictive prick. **** that guy.

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Hell to the no. Cooks might have to retire soon due to concussions, not a great contract either and his skill set is duplicated by McLaurin. No thank you. Want players on rookie deals and w/o concussion issues (at least of that scale). 

45 minutes ago, oraphus said:

No Thanks.. Cooks has now failed on 3 teams that all tried to trade him after 1-2 years. If he was truly special no way teams get rid of a #1 WR that soon. There is something off about him.

The curious case of Brandon Cooks.  The Saints and Patriots sold high on the guy I guess knowing they weren't going to pay him.  I wouldn't call him a failure though.  He's like DJax, a talented deep threat teams fall in and out of love with.  He's coming off a rough season, but I don't think he was the problem for the Rams last year.  

@Burgundy Yoda

Yeah exactly.   I forgot how Dorsey expressed his disbelief about the Redskins not dealing with them but the way he expressed it -- it gave me the impression that they were willing to give up their first at the beginning of the season before they knew their first rounder would be end up as a top 10.  He didn't say it that way but I recall he said something to the extent that it gave the impression that the Redskins had one heck of a missed opportunity if the deal was done earlier in that season.

But for Bruce.  Revenge > a first round pick. 

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

no. Tunsil is half the player at twice the cost. 

Half the player?  The overrating of Redskins players by some here is tedious at times.  The 89.0 PFF pass-blocking grade Tunsil received in 2019 was better than any mark Trent has received since 2016.

And he's 25 years old.  Hasn't even reached his peek yet.  We'd be absolute fools to turn that deal down.  But it's never going to happen anyway; the Texans aren't that stupid.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Half the player?  The overrating of Redskins players by some here is tedious at times.  The 89.0 PFF pass-blocking grade Tunsil received in 2019 was better than any mark Trent has received since 2016.

And he's 25 years old.  Hasn't even reached his peek yet.  We'd be absolute fools to turn that deal down.  But it's never going to happen anyway; the Texans aren't that stupid.

equally tedious is the underating

Anyone else recall when we offered the Bengals essentially two 1st round picks for Chad Johnson....and they refused to consider trading him, to anyone?

"At least a few teams have approached the Bengals about a trade - one even offered multiple first-day picks - but Cincinnati's approach has not wavered. The team is as adamant about not trading Johnson as the seven-year veteran is adamant about not returning to Cincinnati."

18 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The Texans aren’t going to move on from Tunsil because they paid with blood in that trade. 

Yea, he’s not an equal to Trent. It’s why Houston came to us with that deal first, before settling. He is decent - good. he’s not elite, but wants to be paid like it. 

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@Burgundy Yoda

Yeah exactly.   I forgot how Dorsey expressed his disbelief about the Redskins not dealing with them but the way he expressed it -- it gave me the impression that they were willing to give up their first at the beginning of the season before they knew their first rounder would be end up as a top 10.  He didn't say it that way but I recall he said something to the extent that it gave the impression that the Redskins had one heck of a missed opportunity if the deal was done earlier in that season.

But for Bruce.  Revenge > a first round pick. 

On John Kiems latest pod he was adamant that the Redskins were not offered a first round pick. Sounds like a 2nd and change was the best that was on offer.

26 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Anyone else recall when we offered the Bengals essentially two 1st round picks for Chad Johnson....and they refused to consider trading him, to anyone?

"At least a few teams have approached the Bengals about a trade - one even offered multiple first-day picks - but Cincinnati's approach has not wavered. The team is as adamant about not trading Johnson as the seven-year veteran is adamant about not returning to Cincinnati."

Remember when Vinny and Danny got drunk and offered two firsts for Lance Briggs? And somehow the Bears didn't take it?!

Archived