Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

26 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Couldn't agree more..I think it'll circle back around to him going to Cleveland, especially with uncle bill there.

I just hope Ereck Flowers doesn't follow him to Cleveland.  Unless they give him a 5 year contract and we get a 3rd round comp pick next year.

6 minutes ago, Poindexter said:

I just hope Ereck Flowers doesn't follow him to Cleveland.  

Didn't think about this...welllllp here's a test to how good of a coach uncle bill is.

If flowers is retained/resigned..whatever ya call it and has a 180 on his play, ya got to wonder how much bill had to do with his success..and ya can dissect it how ever ya want but from two different positions in n.y and Jacksonville and still playing poopy, he played much much better in Washington.

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I hate this argument because it sets a bad precedence to the other players. You're not happy? Yeah we'll trade you and don't mind getting screwed in the process. As long as YOU'RE happy.  

Sad to say it, but yeah.  You've got to make it hurt for Trent because you can't have guys who are under contract thinking they can win a hold out.  Especially when they have multiple years left.  If a GM is doing his job well, there will probably be quite a few guys on the roster who are underpaid.  They need to be afraid to pull the kind of **** Trent did.

20 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Sad to say it, but yeah.  You've got to make it hurt for Trent because you can't have guys who are under contract thinking they can win a hold out.  Especially when they have multiple years left.  If a GM is doing his job well, there will probably be quite a few guys on the roster who are underpaid.  They need to be afraid to pull the kind of **** Trent did.

I’ve said it once I’ve said it a thousand times, when a player takes the guarantee at the beginning of the contract, they take it knowing full well they could be cut. Teams don’t give guarantees in the hopes the player decides not to play out the entirety of the deal they signed. To me that’s straight up breach of contract. They can’t have it both ways. Either take the guarantee and play out the deal or no guarantees and play every year on a one year deal.

2 hours ago, Poindexter said:

I just hope Ereck Flowers doesn't follow him to Cleveland.  Unless they give him a 5 year contract and we get a 3rd round comp pick next year.

They can’t afford that. They’re already spending a lot on Bitonio and Trotter. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Is that you Bruce?

7 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Trent plus something for Laremy Tunsil? That would be pretty logical. Slightly less talented but younger player at our position of need.

Interesting that Tunsil wants to be the highest paid OL in the league at a reported 20mil p/y. After investing all of that draft capital the Texans are somewhat backed up in a corner with him. Would we want to give out that kind of deal?

Prior to Tunsil going there, you would say Trent to the Texans was a very logical fit, so that in an interesting connection for sure.

12 hours ago, Burgold said:

No, Bruce messed up

the most important things to consider is that whilst he messed up, this situation contributed to his demise here.

take that as a short term kick in the nuts over the screwed up trade but a long term major win due to Bruce being canned forever.

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

the most important things to consider is that whilst he messed up, this situation contributed to his demise here.

take that as a short term kick in the nuts over the screwed up trade but a long term major win due to Bruce being canned forever.

It's also possible that Dan nixed trading Trent.

Considering Bruce's success in DC, along with FedEx being filled with opposing teams fans, and the stadium deal not going as well as he'd like, I'd imagine Bruce was gone either way.

Wow, reading other articles and other fans comments they think a 3rd or 4th rounder. That isnt ever happening. The skins have much more leverage if they want to use it. Trent isnt sitting out a 2nd season, then they could franchise him next year and you get him for about 16mil a season for 2 years with no long term commitment.

Trent was stoked when they told him he could seek a trade but I am sure the skins didnt say just get the best offer you can, I am sure they gave him parameters of compensation.

22 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

They give us a 2nd to take DJ, We get #10 for Trent, a 3rd for Dunbar. Sign Bradbury, Boston and Klein, draft Young, Simmons and Queen. 

That works.   :ols:

I wouldn't trade Dunbar...he's a good young piece to the defense and chances are we can pay him his value once the new bargaining agreement kicks in. 

31 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Wow, reading other articles and other fans comments they think a 3rd or 4th rounder. That isnt ever happening. The skins have much more leverage if they want to use it. Trent isnt sitting out a 2nd season, then they could franchise him next year and you get him for about 16mil a season for 2 years with no long term commitment.

Trent was stoked when they told him he could seek a trade but I am sure the skins didnt say just get the best offer you can, I am sure they gave him parameters of compensation.

We don't have much leverage.  TW has made it clear he wants to play elsewhere.  We have to hope we get a 2nd or better out of a trade.  

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I wouldn't trade Dunbar...he's a good young piece to the defense and chances are we can pay him his value once the new bargaining agreement kicks in. 

Actually I hope we do sign Dunbar.  He's run his mouth about wanting more money to a new HC and hasn't apologized, he's always injured.  We need a younger healthier version.  If we get a 2nd/3rd round pick for him we use it on a CB.  

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Maybe when he starts playing a full season he can get paid for that, but unless he's looking for 3/4s of his value, he can kick rocks (and probably get injured again).

9 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Really hate that the weekend kills any news on this front. Never thought I’d start looking forward to a Monday. Lol

yeah.. on the plus side I would think that they will get something done soon, before FA starts.

Trent's not gonna want to miss out on those sweet FA dollars if he is traded late.. he's not gonna get the contract he wants.

I'd have to think his team would be pushing teams hard to get something done this week before the legal tampering period begins, because that would lower the available money for him if teams start filling other needs on their shopping lists.

3 hours ago, sempre_victrix said:

It's also possible that Dan nixed trading Trent.

Considering Bruce's success in DC, along with FedEx being filled with opposing teams fans, and the stadium deal not going as well as he'd like, I'd imagine Bruce was gone either way.

This is my theory, Dan would not allow TW to be dealt last year. 

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Maybe when he starts playing a full season he can get paid for that, but unless he's looking for 3/4s of his value, he can kick rocks (and probably get injured again).

I'm a believer in drafting, developing and rewarding the guys who prove themselves as Redskins. Dunbar still has to prove he can stay healthy before he gets a big deal but that doesn't mean trade him just cause he's ****in some. 

48 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

yeah.. on the plus side I would think that they will get something done soon, before FA starts.

Trent's not gonna want to miss out on those sweet FA dollars if he is traded late.. he's not gonna get the contract he wants.

I'd have to think his team would be pushing teams hard to get something done this week before the legal tampering period begins, because that would lower the available money for him if teams start filling other needs on their shopping lists.

That's a really good thought that I hadn't considered. While teams might want to wait, Trent's side will be really incentivized to get this done as soon as possible because each wave of free agency generally equals less dollars in the contract. Maybe this can get done before or just as free agency opens?

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

We don't have much leverage.  TW has made it clear he wants to play elsewhere.  We have to hope we get a 2nd or better out of a trade.  

The leverage they have is the fact that multiple teams want him. Even if we have no choice but to trade him multiple teams are competing with each other for his services

5 hours ago, RWJ said:

I think we have more than you realize.  Worst case, we hold onto TW in 2020 and potentially get a late 3rd as a compensatory pick.  He can either sit or play like crap this year, in which case, it lowers his market when he hits FA or he can ball out to maximize FA value and we get one more year of his good play while we seek out his replacement.

Sure, getting a 1st or 2nd in a trade would be ideal, but ultimately, the Redskins are calling the shots in the end.

30 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

I think we have more than you realize.  Worst case, we hold onto TW in 2020 and potentially get a late 3rd as a compensatory pick.  He can either sit or play like crap this year, in which case, it lowers his market when he hits FA or he can ball out to maximize FA value and we get one more year of his good play while we seek out his replacement.

Sure, getting a 1st or 2nd in a trade would be ideal, but ultimately, the Redskins are calling the shots in the end.

I think TWs career as a Redskin ended when he was given permission to seek a trade.  JMO.  :)

5 hours ago, RWJ said:

We don't have much leverage.  TW has made it clear he wants to play elsewhere.

He’s under contract. That’s all the leverage you need. If he doesn’t find a team willing to pay him megabuck and give then’Skins something decent in-return, he can fart in his couch cushions again next Fall.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

The Jets and Browns both have a single second rounder and two third rounders each.

i think we really should be looking at getting a 2+3 or 2+4 

That's about right, 74.  It's also possible we take a 2nd but I think it's more realistic we get a 3rd or 4th with the 2nd.  Also possible we get a player of need with the 2nd like TE or CB.

Archived