Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

9 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Okay, I have to change my idea with Houston, how about this:

We give up: Trent Williams and 2021 4th

Houston Gives up: 2020 2nd, 2020 5th, Kahale Warring and 2022 conditional 1st (turns into a 2022 2nd if Williams starts 8 or fewer games in 2020) and 2022 4th. 

That's what im talking about. These teams need to express themselves in their trade creativeness

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Houston looks like is desperate to win before Watt completely disintegrates.

I agree, in fact I think there are several teams like Houston who desperately need to win soon. I cannot believe Minnesota isn't all over a Trent trade...Cleveland thinks they're on the verge of the Super Bowl. Wouldn't suprise me if Vegas got into the conversation as Gruden needs to get things going out there. Elway in Denver is an inpatient guy too.....

I think it's more O'Brien is either 100% raging idiot, and is just trying to fill holes and win now, or he gets that the road to build a long term contender was cut out at the knees by trades that gutted chunks of 2 or 3 consecutive draft classes, so he might as well just go whole hog now while Watson's contract is cheap for two more years before they have to blow up the roster.

On the positive side, there are a bunch of pieces that can be ejected, there's plenty of reason to just trade Hopkins in a year or two for instance and you can use that to help the rebuild around Watson's second contract. They're probably too stupid to do it right though. If I were them, I'd try to contend in '20 and '21, and then blow it up after they get Watson resigned. rebuild after a crater season where you have two good tackles to protect him (dont know how their interior OL is), and then contend again hopefully by '24. By doing it that way, they'd be rebuild around his second expensive contract w/a bunch of cheap players on rookie deals so his second deal didn't kill them, but I imagine they will just keep plugging and playing with stupid moves over and over again. 

18 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I agree, in fact I think there are several teams like Houston who desperately need to win soon. I cannot believe Minnesota isn't all over a Trent trade...Cleveland thinks they're on the verge of the Super Bowl. Wouldn't suprise me if Vegas got into the conversation as Gruden needs to get things going out there. Elway in Denver is an inpatient guy too.....

Minny has too many other concerns, including rebuilding the entire secondary and finding more weapons at receiver not to mention Dalvin is in the last year of his contract. They also have no cap space or a QB passed this year. They've invested a lot into the OL in the draft from O'Neil to Bradbury to Saria. I don't know how they'd be able to fit him under the cap. And no, I wouldn't trade for Diggs and his giant contract. 

17 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I think it's more O'Brien is either 100% raging idiot, and is just trying to fill holes and win now, or he gets that the road to build a long term contender was cut out at the knees by trades that gutted chunks of 2 or 3 consecutive draft classes, so he might as well just go whole hog now while Watson's contract is cheap for two more years before they have to blow up the roster.

I think his leash is extremely short right now so he has no choice but to push all his chips in. But if they expect to keep Tunsil as well as trade for TW, that's a lot of dough on the OL (Nick Martin is also making 11 a year). They surprisingly have a lot of cap space, thanks to the rollover from last year. Between Watt's twilight and Watson still under his rookie contract, this is when it makes the most sense to go for it. Hell even Watkins is underpaid.

The problem with Houston is they don't have the pieces for a trade. I'd be willing to take a 4th this year and their first next year.

I didn't help, I had the '21 1st, then realized it was gone and switched it to a '22 in my trade idea. Fine w/me, I love building that golden loom of draft capital, it helps you to build a perpetual contender if you can get QB right. I'm really fine w/that idea because a guy like O'Brien is definitely gonna be fine w/moving that pick, he's pushing all consequences down year by year figuring he wont be there anyway if they don't work out (just as EG did with the Wiz, GMGM did w/the Caps and Forsberg, and Idiot Bruce did with the redskins). 

3 minutes ago, Pick6 said:

I am just ready to hear some news. Sounds like a lot of teams interested. Hopefully we know something by the end of the weekend. 

Unfortunately, I don't think this thing gets resolved until either really close to the draft or during the draft itself.

2 minutes ago, Pick6 said:

I am just ready to hear some news. Sounds like a lot of teams interested. Hopefully we know something by the end of the weekend. 

That would be pretty fast, the reports I saw today are that possibly before the new league deal ratification but likely before the draft....If it doesn't happen before free agency starts then I'm guessing it takes longer than sooner....

14 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Any and every chargers game I watched dude was making acrobat ical catches.

He’s not bad. But this draft is loaded with wr potential, and we are also rumored to be interested in Amari. By trading Trent for the Cle or NYJ 1sts, we would have alot of better options. 

20 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

He’s not bad. But this draft is loaded with wr potential, and we are also rumored to be interested in Amari. By trading Trent for the Cle or NYJ 1sts, we would have alot of better options. 

Imagine getting #10 or 11 for Trent..

use that on a WR if one is BPA and go after Cooper anyway on a 4-5 year deal

Cooper, Mclaurin, Lamb/Jeudy, Sims and Harmon

That is a hell of an impressive corps, and by the time Cooper's big money deal is done, Mclaurin and the new rookie would be up to bat for extensions.

53 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

Imagine getting #10 or 11 for Trent..

use that on a WR if one is BPA and go after Cooper anyway on a 4-5 year deal

Cooper, Mclaurin, Lamb/Jeudy, Sims and Harmon

That is a hell of an impressive corps, and by the time Cooper's big money deal is done, Mclaurin and the new rookie would be up to bat for extensions.

If we somehow got #10 or #11 (I doubt it, but this is for fantasy discussions), my preference would be:

1)  Simmons (if he somehow falls)

2)  Trade down to pick up some mid round picks

3)  Take Jeudy/Lamb

4)  Take the best available OT

5)  Take the best available CB

6 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

If we somehow got #10 or #11 (I doubt it, but this is for fantasy discussions), my preference would be:

1)  Simmons (if he somehow falls)

2)  Trade down to pick up some mid round picks

3)  Take Jeudy/Lamb

4)  Take the best available OT

5)  Take the best available CB

I agree with this if we are able to replace Trent (as best we can) in FA. Last thing we need is our “maybe” franchise qb getting hurt due to lack of protection and more question marks about whether he has what it takes or not going into next year 

29 minutes ago, Lovi said:

I agree with this if we are able to replace Trent (as best we can) in FA. Last thing we need is our “maybe” franchise qb getting hurt due to lack of protection and more question marks about whether he has what it takes or not going into next year 

That’s why I want it solved before the draft. We can figure out our FA plan instead of just acting out of desperation at the draft. 

I believe the ship has sailed on our opportunity to get a 1st round pick for Trent.  I think the target is most likely a 2nd and a 4th.  A  relatively low 2nd rounder gets us a pretty good football player this year.  I don't expect news very quickly; I expect this could drag out until just before the draft.  As long as we get a second and something I'm ok with getting past all this.

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm honestly surprised it's not a QB conversation already.

nah. give the kid a shot. lets spend our gold on weapons and chase. If the kid doesn't work out we'll worry about that next year

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

Unfortunately, I don't think this thing gets resolved until either really close to the draft or during the draft itself.

This will get resolved before or right at the start of free agency. There is no way they wait till the draft. Teams need to know if they are not getting Trent they need to find another FA T. 

10 minutes ago, evmiii said:

I believe the ship has sailed on our opportunity to get a 1st round pick for Trent.  I think the target is most likely a 2nd and a 4th.  A  relatively low 2nd rounder gets us a pretty good football player this year.  I don't expect news very quickly; I expect this could drag out until just before the draft.  As long as we get a second and something I'm ok with getting past all this.

In general I agree. However, if you get several teams bidding and at least two decide they really need to have him, you never know, a good FO would wring a 1st out of someone. Hard to tell right now. But it does sound like several teams are interested. And the team has clearly talked to the Jets if the jets are trying to work on a contract with Trent. They may not have come to final agreement on the trade but they have agreed they are close enough for them to to talk to Trent about a contract. 

I am not sure why people think this will last till the draft. If it does, we get **** for Trent. It means the teams who really need a T have filled that spot or are going T in the draft. This needs to be done by free or right at the beginning of free agency or it will not be good for Washington. 

Archived