Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

57 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

I think it makes most sense, balancing all the comments regarding Trent in this thread, that the Skins could get a second rounder. Would love to get a pick in the second round and pick up a LB.  

Trent says he is in shape. I believe him. He knows what it takes. Plus he wants a fat contract. He has to be at his best.  A year off from the grind of the NFL helps a players body. I think any team thinking about Brady, just as one example, might be a good candidate for Trent if they do not have a good LT.

I don't know if it is conceivable to get a first.  But a #2 absolutely. 

Since he has team permission to seek a trade and incentive to get paid, I wonder if teams can hold workouts.  His ability to prove he's worth the money would also help our leverage that he's a healthy pro=bowl worthy trade piece.

2 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Since he has team permission to seek a trade and incentive to get paid, I wonder if teams can hold workouts.  His ability to prove he's worth the money would also help our leverage that he's a healthy pro=bowl worthy trade piece.

at the least it’ll be conditional on an extensive medical I would suggest.

3 hours ago, FrFan said:

Cardinals 8th for TW and Dunbar. We get Chase Young and Jedrick Wills or Becton.

If they really want to get the $$ gone for David Johnson and it makes this (#8) doable, I'd take him back.  I think he is another year removed from injury and is closer to Christian McCaffrey.  Oh course we'd still have injury concerns all over, but I still think Johnson just needs to right scheme again.  I see they are considering franchising Drake and that would be a ton of money for the 2 backs.  Cutting Johnson costs them money, but a trade would give them more flexibility.  For us, Johnson would have 10 mill hit this year and nothing guaranteed next year (with one more year at 8 mill if we wanted him).  We'd net a little cap space overall with Trent heading West. 

Also, I think Simmons would be at 8 and would be happy to see Young/Simmons.  Yeah, we need OT....but damn.

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

at the least it’ll be conditional on an extensive medical I would suggest.

Well, medical is always there, agree with that.  I just mean if he gets to put on a show, teams might be more willing to move picks.  I kind of hope he makes some visits.

3 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

If they really want to get the $$ gone for David Johnson and it makes this doable, I'd take him back.  I think he is another year removed from injury and is closer to Christian McCaffrey.  Oh course we'd still have injury concerns all over, but I still think Johnson just needs to right scheme again.  I see they are considering franchising Drake and that would be a ton of money for the 2 backs.

Also, I think Simmons would be at 8 and would be happy to see Young/Simmons.  Yeah, we need OT....but damn.

They give us a 2nd to take DJ, We get #10 for Trent, a 3rd for Dunbar. Sign Bradbury, Boston and Klein, draft Young, Simmons and Queen. 

That works.   :ols:

5 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Well, medical is always there, agree with that.  I just mean if he gets to put on a show, teams might be more willing to move picks.  I kind of hope he makes some visits.

sorry yeah agree.

whats not clear to me is his actual ambition to win. If the move is cash driven, he’ll have a lot of options. If it’s a mix of financial and the desire to win, that may well narrow his options down considerably.

i wouldn’t be surprised if he already knew where he wants to play. Just a matter of getting all of the terms rights.

25 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

They give us a 2nd to take DJ, We get #10 for Trent, a 3rd for Dunbar. Sign Bradbury, Boston and Klein, draft Young, Simmons and Queen. 

That works.   :ols:

7557573D-2354-4130-A37A-A02B87C94D49.png.6ecf2301ce714a1f595c86c359507d4b.png

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If could see trading Dunbar and Trent to Arizona for 8 and DJ ... but not a 2nd too. The whole trade Dj for a 2nd is a fantasy anyway. 

I think they’re going to basically tell Dunny he’s got to play on his deal and he’s not getting traded.  And if he shows we’ll and stays healthy they will extend him. 

He’s such a value at his salary there really isn’t any reason to move him.  And unlike Trent he doesn’t have the luxury of sitting out.  He hasn’t made $80m. 

And if he makes himself a nuance, or fakes and injury that effects his marketability next off season.  

So chances are he’s just going to play and like it.  

On 3/5/2020 at 11:18 PM, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@Vanguard It is what it is on the pick not being as good as Trent, thats obvious. You want to give him 20/year for the next 3 years?  If a team is willing to give him the money he is looking for then they are gonna give us what we want in a deal.  Bottomline, He's under contract,  we don't have to pull the trigger, we can let him wallow on the exempt list all season if he doesn't want to play. But I think we want to move on because we aren't willing to commit to 18-20 a year and it sounds about that time.

I never said give him 20 mil, as matter of fact, I’m against it.  But it’s a loss for us in my opinion no matter what happens.  There’s a possibility we could get a tackle that becomes what Trent was, but it’s not likely.  It’s a loss that probably could have been avoided, too.  The only reason I wouldn’t give Trent 20 mil now, is because of the injuries.  Keeping Trent may have meant bending to his will, but how many players on our roster have been to as many pro bowls as him?  We’ll find out how costly his loss is when the season comes.  It remains to be seen.

15 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I never said give him 20 mil, as matter of fact, I’m against it.  But it’s a loss for us in my opinion no matter what happens.  There’s a possibility we could get a tackle that becomes what Trent was, but it’s not likely.  It’s a loss that probably could have been avoided, too.  The only reason I wouldn’t give Trent 20 mil now, is because of the injuries.  Keeping Trent may have meant bending to his will, but how many players on our roster have been to as many pro bowls as him?  We’ll find out how costly his loss is when the season comes.  It remains to be seen.

We saw it last year. Wasn’t good, but wasn’t as bad as most of us thought it would be. 

Something that I've realised I didn't know;

Trent has been given permission to talk to other teams. So does that mean that Trent's people negotiate his contract with the new team and also the picks and/or players that the Redskins will receive to allow him to leave, or do Trent's people only negotiate his new contract and then the Redskins negotiate the picks and/or players required?

2 minutes ago, London Kev said:

Trent has been given permission to talk to other teams. So does that mean that Trent's people negotiate his contract with the new team and also the picks and/or players that the Redskins will receive to allow him to leave, or do Trent's people only negotiate his new contract and then the Redskins negotiate the picks and/or players required?

I don't know that it'd be worth the other team's time negotiating with Trent on a new contract unless simultaneously they think they can work out a deal for compensation. Otherwise, said team is just doing the Redskins' work for them.

30 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I agree it's too low, but if that's the best offer, by golly we have a deal!

Nope.  Sheehan discussed this on the radio.  We have way more leverage than you realize.  No reason whatsoever to accept anything less than a high second round pick.  

We are lined up to get a third round comp pick regardless.  He is under contract and there is absolutely no way he sits out a second year.  He can play this season for 12.5 mil.  And we can franchise him next year if we want. 

Screw him.  I'd ask for first rounder or we are keeping him.  Trent put himself in this mess of a position.  He is one of the best left tackles in the league and the asking price is fair. 

17 minutes ago, London Kev said:

id say the agent sounds out interest in the player and which teams are happy to meet his contract demands, feeds that back to the Redskins who in turn discuss compensation. Then it becomes more a collaborative discussion. 

12 minutes ago, kwitt said:

Nope.  Sheehan discussed this on the radio.  We have way more leverage than you realize.  No reason whatsoever to accept anything less than a high second round pick.  

We are lined up to get a third round comp pick regardless.  He is under contract and there is absolutely no way he sits out a second year.  He can play this season for 12.5 mil.  And we can franchise him next year if we want. 

Screw him.  I'd ask for first rounder or we are keeping him.  Trent put himself in this mess of a position.  He is one of the best left tackles in the league and the asking price is fair. 

And on top of that, Skins mgmt can say "hey, we gave you the chance to go find a trade and nobody offered up enough compensation for a guy who's demanding 16-20 mil a year". A guy making that much at such a premium position of need has to be worth a 1st round pick at a minimum. "Guess you're stuck playing here?"

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

And on top of that, Skins mgmt can say "hey, we gave you the chance to go find a trade and nobody offered up enough compensation for a guy who's demanding 16-20 mil a year". A guy making that much at such a premium position of need has to be worth a 1st round pick at a minimum. "Guess you're stuck playing here?"

Exactly. If you’re worth top dollar at your position, we need to be compensated for losing such a valuable player. 

Im sure there is back and forth between his agent and the team related to what would be the minimum we’d take for him. 

They backed off the monetary thing because it makes it more difficult to trade him if the reports that he wants 20M+ are true. 

He could still ask for that, but once a team gives up compensation they’re kind of pigeonholed into paying him. Problem is... teams aren’t as dumb as his group thinks they are.

Trent’s camp has played this as poorly as Allen’s camp did last year.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

They backed off the monetary thing because it makes it more difficult to trade him if the reports that he wants 20M+ are true. 

He could still ask for that, but once a team gives up compensation they’re kind of pigeonholed into paying him. Problem is... teams aren’t as dumb as his group thinks they are.

Trent’s camp has played this as poorly as Allen’s camp did last year.

Not disagreeing with you totally, but, we can't say Bruce blew it until we see what we get for Trent. I think you're more than likely gonna be right about Bruce not getting as much as we could've though....although I still think Dan wouldn't let Bruce trade Trent. Who knows? 

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Not disagreeing with you totally, but, we can't say Bruce blew it until we see what we get for Trent. I think you're more than likely gonna be right about Bruce not getting as much as we could've though....although I still think Dan wouldn't let Bruce trade Trent. Who knows? 

Let’s say we get the same compensation now that we would have then... Bruce still blew it. 

1) Trent aged a year and spent a year out of football.

2) It’s easier to get teams to part with draft picks when they aren’t sure what pick it will be.

3) We’re still saddled with the drama. 
4) It’s not a coincidence Dunbar is doing the same thing and refers to Trent as big bro.

Allen screwed the franchise. 

If Cleveland doesn't pay up what it takes to get Trent they will be very sorry. No rookie is gonna go into that division and have success right away. They are backed into a corner and need to pounce on this deal. If they can get away with dealing their 2nd and Njoku (TE) they have to make this deal. 

32 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If Cleveland doesn't pay up what it takes to get Trent they will be very sorry. No rookie is gonna go into that division and have success right away. They are backed into a corner and need to pounce on this deal. If they can get away with dealing their 2nd and Njoku (TE) they have to make this deal. 

I think there are a couple of teams in that situation. It’s soured here, but Trent has to be worth the roll of the dice. 

Archived