Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

I think TWs career as a Redskin ended when he was given permission to seek a trade.  JMO.  :)

Probably over but we still have leverage, we arent letting him go for a fourth, and he has to know that! And if you ask me we would be taking somebody to the wood shed if we got a second but then I always thought he was overrated when he was healthy much less now with injury history and the ridiculous salary he wants. We never missed him when he wasnt in there and a leader doesnt get suspended twice, much less during a playoff run.

3 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

The leverage they have is the fact that multiple teams want him. Even if we have no choice but to trade him multiple teams are competing with each other for his services

We have total control over TW right now...if that's not leverage then what is? We have franchise tags, contract status and trade powers over Trent to deal him wherever and whenever we want to. I'm also guessing that if he sits out again we can make sure he doesn't become a free agent due to sitting out two straight seasons? 

I dont let him go without a 2 and 3. Period. We have control of TW for 2 years if you include the franchise tag. He is an all pro LT. I really want at least a 1. But I would settle for a 2 and 3. He will not sit out another year. And if we let him walk next year we get a 3rd as a comp pick. 

2 hours ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Probably over but we still have leverage, we arent letting him go for a fourth, and he has to know that! And if you ask me we would be taking somebody to the wood shed if we got a second but then I always thought he was overrated when he was healthy much less now with injury history and the ridiculous salary he wants. We never missed him when he wasnt in there and a leader doesnt get suspended twice, much less during a playoff run.

Overrated All Pro? Really?

1 hour ago, Redd said:

Trent Williams is a top 5 LT.  Come on.

1 hour ago, Ghedrick said:

Not only is Trent a top 5 LT he is probably the most athletic olineman in the game.His pass protection is great but his athletic ability in the run and screen game is unmatched.

in all fairness, he hasn’t played a full season in a minute, isn’t in football shape in any way, shape or form and no one knows what kind if product he’ll put on the field after being off it for well over 18 months. He’s really is a bit of a wild card at this point.

The important thing here is the team has granted Trent permission to seek a trade.  Which means his agent is probably floating a ridiculous contract to 31 other teams.  And they will all laugh and turn them down.  

What it also means Is that Trent will figure out what his actual market value is.  Once he knows his value, the teams can work out compensation.  

My guess is some team will feel comfortable signing Trent to a 14-16M/year deal, guaranteeing 2 years.  And then they’d be able to work out fair compensation to the Skins.

Now, if Trent wants 20, and doesn’t get it, then he has to decide whether or not he takes a lower deal, plays on his current deal to hit FA. In 2021. Or sit out. 

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The important thing here is the team has granted Trent permission to seek a trade.  Which means his agent is probably floating a ridiculous contract to 31 other teams.  And they will all laugh and turn them down.  

What it also means Is that Trent will figure out what his actual market value is.  Once he knows his value, the teams can work out compensation.  

My guess is some team will feel comfortable signing Trent to a 14-16M/year deal, guaranteeing 2 years.  And then they’d be able to work out fair compensation to the Skins.

Now, if Trent wants 20, and doesn’t get it, then he has to decide whether or not he takes a lower deal, plays on his current deal to hit FA. In 2021. Or sit out. 

Spot on here... You truly are the 'Voice of Reason!

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Sitting out for 2 straight years would be unprecedented....curious to see how the Skins play this if they aren't happy with any trade offers? No way they should just give him away....

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

in all fairness, he hasn’t played a full season in a minute, isn’t in football shape in any way, shape or form and no one knows what kind if product he’ll put on the field after being off it for well over 18 months. He’s really is a bit of a wild card at this point.

I will take Trent still in flip flops straight off the beach over 75% of the left tackles in the league.

4 hours ago, Gibbs828791 said:

200.gif

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

Honestly, I never thought as him as a good run blocker, athletic yes, but always thought he was average run blocker.

39 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Sitting out for 2 straight years would be unprecedented....curious to see how the Skins play this if they aren't happy with any trade offers? No way they should just give him away....

That’s step 2. 

Step 1 is Trent has to find a team willing to meet his contract demands.

I think that might actually be the harder of the two issues.  

If a team wants him and can agree to a deal with him, they can figure something out with the Skins in terms of picks and players.  

11 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I will take Trent still in flip flops straight off the beach over 75% of the left tackles in the league.

That’s imagery I don’t need. 

EDIT: but I agree. 

27 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s step 2. 

Step 1 is Trent has to find a team willing to meet his contract demands.

I think that might actually be the harder of the two issues.  

IMO, this is where the burden is on Trent is and that's where the Skins may have some leverage.  If he can't find that team, then he may little or no choice to come back.  That or hold out again

18 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

IMO, this is where the burden is on Trent is and that's where the Skins may have some leverage.  If he can't find that team, then he may little or no choice to come back.  That or hold out again

100%  He has a chance to find out exactly what his market is.  For better or worse.

If he asks for too much, he screws himself.  

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Oh...So he was the second BEST OT in the league 5 years ago. And has been a top 5 or 6 OT for a decade and you all are ready to give him away for a Kit Kat bar?

For the record, Kit Kat bars ARE higher compensation than a ham sandwich, because they are awesome. 

12 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

For the record, Kit Kat bars ARE higher compensation than a ham sandwich, because they are awesome. 

I always thought they were overrated, when healthy. Now the giant Reese's cups with the Reeses pieces? That's a left tackle I can get behind.

Archived