Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

I'm thinking a trade happens within the next 10 days, I read we would get about 14 million in cap space if we trade Trent before FA. Get Trent off the books, Scherff/Flowers continued on the books, and sign Conklin if we aren't getting a 1st rounder. We have plenty of money and the dropoff from Trent to Conklin shouldn't be too big and Conklin is definitely better than Penn. 

38 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

... So he was the second BEST OT in the league 5 years ago. And has been a top 5 or 6 OT for a decade ...

All-Pro status is earned ... and recognized as the absolute elite of the NFL.  

He's not an All-Pro caliber player.   Anyone that says he is ... is over-rating him.

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Oh FFS seek help. 

No need to be all emotional.   Facts matter.

Here's another point of reference:

Joe Jacoby:     3x 1st Team All-Pro.

Jim Lachey:     3x 1st Team All-Pro / 1x 2nd Team All-Pro.

Jon Jansen:     1x 2nd Team All-Pro.     Just like Trent Williams.

4 minutes ago, 09 said:

No need to be all emotional.   Facts matter.

Here's another point of reference:

Joe Jacoby:     3x 1st Team All-Pro.

Jim Lachey:     3x 1st Team All-Pro / 1x 2nd Team All-Pro.

Jon Jansen:     1x 2nd Team All-Pro.     Just like Trent Williams.

All-Pro is literally the best at the position. Trent has been a top 3 LT with Joe Thomas and Tyron Smith his entire career. Being 3rd won't get you an All-Pro but that still doesn't mean he isn't elite. Top 3 is absolutely elite. 

6 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

All-Pro is literally the best at the position. Trent has been a top 3 LT with Joe Thomas and Tyron Smith his entire career. Being 3rd won't get you an All-Pro but that still doesn't mean he isn't elite. Top 3 is absolutely elite. 

I think you’d have to put a few other guys in there.  Jason Peters being an obvious one.

Regardless, Trent is elite and he’s a top-end LT. This whole overrating him thing is stupid. 

10 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Trent has been a top 3 LT with Joe Thomas and Tyron Smith his entire career. Being 3rd won't get you an All-Pro but that still doesn't mean he isn't elite. Top 3 is absolutely elite. 

He has not been recognized as an All-Pro (except 2nd team in 2005)  ... so he shouldn't be labeled as an All-Pro.

He is certainly a Pro-Bowl level player.   So was Chris Samuels.

21 minutes ago, 09 said:

He has not been recognized as an All-Pro (except 2nd team in 2005)  ... so he shouldn't be labeled as an All-Pro.

He is certainly a Pro-Bowl level player.   So was Chris Samuels.

I'm guessing you meant 2015. You won't see any Redskins make an All-Pro team unless it's a statistical position and there's no way it can be debated. Tress Way is the best punter in the NFL by a mile and has zero 1st team all pros. There's an obvious bias against the team when it comes to All-Pros. I believe Trent should have more 1st team All-Pros and 2nd team All-Pros on his resume. He's about as elite as they come and is much better than Chris Samuels was.

34 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think you’d have to put a few other guys in there.  Jason Peters being an obvious one.

Regardless, Trent is elite and he’s a top-end LT. This whole overrating him thing is stupid. 

Definitely Peters, although he was widely considered the 3rd best tackle in the division, I think his longevity has been quite amazing and he deserves to be in the conversation as well. 

46 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'm guessing you meant 2015.   Yes ... typo.

You won't see any Redskins make an All-Pro team unless it's a statistical position and there's no way it can be debated.   Who has deserved it?

Tress Way is the best punter in the NFL by a mile and has zero 1st team all pros.   The stats don't support that.

There's an obvious bias against the team when it comes to All-Pros.  Again ... who has objectively deserved it?

I believe Trent should have more 1st team All-Pros and 2nd team All-Pros on his resume.   Subjective opinion not shared by the NFL.

He's about as elite as they come and is much better than Chris Samuels was.   Trent 7x Probowler ... Chris 6x.

Trent was a top three OT from 2013 to 2018.  He was an elite player before holding out.  Good bet to still be elite next season.  Giving him 15 or 16 million a year is way better than giving a similar amount to Tunsil, Humphries, Bulaga, or Conklin.

And giving up a second and change to get him is a lot safer and cheaper than spending an early first on Mekhi Becton or Austin Jackson or Jedrick Wills if you're worried about the beating that Baker Mayfield or San Darnold or DeShaun Watson are taking right now.  Ditto if you're signing Tom Brady or getting Cam Newton and know you need a line to get the remaining good football out of him.

35 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Trent was a top three OT from 2013 to 2018.  He was an elite player before holding out.  Good bet to still be elite next season.  Giving him 15 or 16 million a year is way better than giving a similar amount to Tunsil, Humphries, Bulaga, or Conklin.

And giving up a second and change to get him is a lot safer and cheaper than spending an early first on Mekhi Becton or Austin Jackson or Jedrick Wills if you're worried about the beating that Baker Mayfield or San Darnold or DeShaun Watson are taking right now.  Ditto if you're signing Tom Brady or getting Cam Newton and know you need a line to get the remaining good football out of him.

I actually think his age works in his favor in that it’ll probably take a Three year deal instead of some of the younger guys looking for 5+

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

I actually think his age works in his favor in that it’ll probably take a Three year deal instead of some of the younger guys looking for 5+

Agree, my guess has been in the 3yr/55mil region minimum.

likely wants 60% or so fully gtd.

7 hours ago, 09 said:

Since you did some weird quote format where you literally went in and edited my post I'll just respond to this blank post. Who objectively deserved an All-Pro? Champ Bailey. He had 5 great seasons with the Redskins and then gets traded to Denver, goes on to have a mediocre season compared to the ones he had in Washington and gets 1st team All-Pro in his first year. I guarantee you if he had that year in Washington he would NOT have made the All-Pro team. This isn't debatable in my opinion, there's a bias. 

Simply put I don't want ANY player playing on this team who has requested a trade to another team, bad mouthed the team because of certain issues with the team that have been resolved and the main issues are/were over money.  I want him to be traded and not play a down on our team, especially when he has only one year left on his deal.  Get what we can get for him in a trade and move on.  Two players currently fit that criteria.

19 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Since you did some weird quote format where you literally went in and edited my post I'll just respond to this blank post. Who objectively deserved an All-Pro? Champ Bailey. He had 5 great seasons with the Redskins and then gets traded to Denver, goes on to have a mediocre season compared to the ones he had in Washington and gets 1st team All-Pro in his first year. I guarantee you if he had that year in Washington he would NOT have made the All-Pro team. This isn't debatable in my opinion, there's a bias. 

Are we saying Redskins players get snubbed at being named all pro because there...well, redskins players? If so I couldn't agree more. No players or(I know this ain't the thread)the team it self will no longer receive recognition with the current name of the team. 

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Are we saying Redskins players get snubbed at being named all pro because there...well, redskins players?

I am. Tell me how Troy Vincent made 1st team All-Pro over Champ Bailey in 2002? Champ beat him out in every stat and was flat out better. If it's close, our guy won't get the nod. 

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Are we saying Redskins players get snubbed at being named all pro because there...well, redskins players?

I think there's some truth to that, but the greater truth is that losing or mediocre teams suppress the greatness of individual players. There were some years where we had stellar play, especially among the line, where it doesn't get recognized because lineplay is a bit invisible and because since the team isn't winning fewer people including NFL peers are paying attention to them.

As to the anti-Redskin bias in All-Pros, I once again point to the fact that only one Hog is in the NFL HOF and considering four Super Bowls in a ten year stretch, the overall number Grimm, Green, Monk, and Riggo is too low. It should probably be at least fifty percent higher if not doubled.

8 hours ago, 09 said:

I think you could make an argument that both Trent and London Fletcher could've been named all pro players as Redskins over the past 10 years. Didn't Fletch lead the lead in tackles at least once? He has HOF numbers if you look him up and compare him to other MLB's who are in the Hall. 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

I think you could make an argument that both Trent and London Fletcher could've been named all pro players as Redskins over the past 10 years. Didn't Fletch lead the lead in tackles at least once? He has HOF numbers if you look him up and compare him to other MLB's who are in the Hall. 

I thought fletcher lead the league in tackles multiple years as a redskin....he made absolutely amazing plays too. Another player snubbed.

Archived