Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Craig Hoffman: Brian Lafemina, three other executives part ways with the Redskins

Boss_Hogg

5 hours ago, Art said:

I love Karl, but he's too happy being retired drinking his wine :).   Now, Gregg Williams, being my first man-crush, would please me to the end of days.   I hope you're right :).

Are people here actually backing Riddick?   Do people here understand he's LESS qualified in EVERY SINGLE WAY than, say, Vinny Cerrato, did not do a great job for the Redskins while here, unless banging media relations folks counts, and while one cool ass dude would be the worst possible GM in football?   Louis is a cool guy, but he does not work hard and showed no great insights ANYWHERE in the league he's been.

You left out picking up bar tabs. ;) 

Ok, have we hit rock bottom yet? Every time I think we are there, danny boy finds away to send us further down the abyss. 

I am at the point where even if it means a name change (not trying to start that conversation here), I would be good with the league stepping in and forcing dan to sell. DOubt that happens. But it's clear the only way anything will truly change here is if dan sells the team. 

4 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Ok, have we hit rock bottom yet? Every time I think we are there, danny boy finds away to send us further down the abyss. 

I am at the point where even if it means a name change (not trying to start that conversation here), I would be good with the league stepping in and forcing dan to sell. DOubt that happens. But it's clear the only way anything will truly change here is if dan sells the team. 

It's like strip mining, the hole just gets bigger and deeper, never really hitting the bottom.

I know SIP was summarizing commentary on the radio in various threads yesterday, but Craig Hoffman mentioned during a segment on the Junkies yesterday that the pay that some of those office folks at Ashburn get are at the low end for comparable positions with other teams. Kind of blows another hole in the "spare no expense" narrative about Dan.  Here's the segment:

https://thefandc.radio.com/craig-hoffman-crushes-redskins-after-brian-lafemina-firing

On 12/26/2018 at 4:22 PM, Wildbunny said:

House cleaning is on its way.

Problem is that it is Bruce Allen that is doing the cleaning...

You mean @HardcoreZorn?

Could it possibly be because right now, things seem to be dysfunctional at best and more realistically downright laughable?

Just because I didn’t parade around hating Bruce Allen and didn’t think losing Kirk Cousins for that contract, while acknowledging the very unique situation that helped create that contract, never meant I was some ardent FO supporter. Shocking I know. 

Around the time I joined or shortly after we had strung together two very good drafts and had signed some key pieces like Brown and Swearinger. We had brought in respectable outside guys like Lafameina and crew. I liked where we were trending.

Now I don’t. And I’m taking a break from all things skins for a while and going to enjoy the awesomeness that is the Caps. but please, save the chest pounding and all that crap. It’s not inconceivable that had we not lost our starting QB and 18 guards were talking about a showdown this weekend for the playoffs. As always, you all come off more as FO haters than Redskins supporters and everything is at one extreme. To each their own.

22 hours ago, crabbypatty said:

same here.. 37 years I've been watching this team and I'm just giving up. I just don't have the energy or the desire to support this team anymore.

Sucks because I like some of the players, but hate the organization.

What makes it worse is we're as talented as we've been in 20 years.  For the longest time we've invested in singular, flashy players and we've finally got a foundation of young, legit talents, with other pieces that appear to be very capable of being contributors.  Allen, Payne, Ioan, Scherff, Roullier, Guice (hopefully), Thompson, Dunbar, Fabian, Quinn, Hamilton, Stroman, Alexander... add to that Trent, Kerrigan, Peterson... hell, even Doctson starting to show the ability to be a contributor.   A few more key pieces and the right coaching and guidance and this team could do something.  SB?  Nah not there yet, but they really could do something.  Forever we thought we were a QB away... now we're as close to being a QB away and i have no faith that players are going to want to stick around, or that a coach capable enough is going to want to come here... or even that we'll make a change at HC.  

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I know SIP was summarizing commentary on the radio in various threads yesterday, but Craig Hoffman mentioned during a segment on the Junkies yesterday that the pay that some of those office folks at Ashburn get are at the low end for comparable positions with other teams. Kind of blows another hole in the "spare no expense" narrative about Dan.  Here's the segment:

https://thefandc.radio.com/craig-hoffman-crushes-redskins-after-brian-lafemina-firing

Yeah I didn't mention that but heard that, too. 

Also plays into what JLC said during what I think was their phony attempt to look at someone from the outside to replace Scot in 2017 and were supposedly talking to personnel guys around the league to gauge their interest in coming here -- JLC saying the Redskins were willing to pay significantly less for talent evaluators than other teams -- and that would be another reason why even if the Redskins were serious about bringing someone on they'd unlikely get a top guy.

I would just like to reiterate that this move is all about money for Dan. This kind of move shows it. And the amount of money he makes off of this team is directly related to how much we watch/ spend. 

So if you ever want him to sell the team, ya gonna have to quit it for a while. 

I only watched every game this season, so I know how hard that is gonna be. And I stopped being emotionally invested at least 2 years ago. 

2 hours ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Could it possibly be because right now, things seem to be dysfunctional at best and more realistically downright laughable?

but please, save the chest pounding and all that crap. 

As always, you all come off more as FO haters than Redskins supporters and everything is at one extreme. To each their own.

Can’t make this stuff up.

Now and only now, is it dysfunctional. 🤣  Sure, #FireBruceAllen is trending on twitter because the dysfunction just started.  

The only thing certain is that you hate being wrong more than we enjoy being right.  You could just show up and take your medicine and admit that perhaps all the hub bub about Bruce and Dan being living, breathing pieces of crap was accurate all along.  But no, like I’ve said on numerous occasions, there is no satisfaction in “being right” vs. people who will never eat their crow anyways.  

If there is one thing that I think escapes you the most, it’s that we care more about this team than you do whether you know it or not.  We despise the guys pulling the strings primarily because of how it impacts the Redskins players, coaches and fanbase.  Continuing to buy their BS and convince yourself all is swell is exactly what they want you to do.  Hook, line and sinker.   

2 hours ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Just because I didn’t parade around hating Bruce Allen and didn’t think losing Kirk Cousins for that contract, while acknowledging the very unique situation that helped create that contract, never meant I was some ardent FO supporter. Shocking I know. 

Around the time I joined or shortly after we had strung together two very good drafts and had signed some key pieces like Brown and Swearinger. We had brought in respectable outside guys like Lafameina and crew. I liked where we were trending.

Now I don’t. And I’m taking a break from all things skins for a while and going to enjoy the awesomeness that is the Caps. but please, save the chest pounding and all that crap. It’s not inconceivable that had we not lost our starting QB and 18 guards were talking about a showdown this weekend for the playoffs. As always, you all come off more as FO haters than Redskins supporters and everything is at one extreme. To each their own.

In a scenario where I wasn't a Capitals fan, I would honestly rather spend time learning the rules of hockey to be able to understand their success than wasting time with this loser organization at Ashburn.

53 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sure, #FireBruceAllen is trending on twitter because the dysfunction just started.

I've decided that rooting for the Vikings to make the Paloffs and win the SB with Kirk Cousins being voted MVP.

That should seal the coffin around Bruce.

Just a quick reminder that D.C. will field a Major League Rugby team in 2020 (with an exhibition schedule next year). Season tickets are dirt cheap and have a 180 day refund policy.

If you still wanna watch dudes beat the **** out of each other while carrying an oblong-shaped ball and not have to financially, logically, and morally justify it to yourself and everyone around you, I'd suggest looking into it.  

http://dcmlr.com/

16 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I'd rather choke to death in my own vomit....

Never had anything against them, and if that can help Bruce being shown the door, then why not? After all it's not like rooting for the Giants or the Eagles against the Patriots...

I rooted hard for the Saints to win the SB after Lord Farquad and Vinny Bugeyes screwed over GW and hired "the red and the black" Zorn. Now for me it's the Rams. I think losing McVay is gonna hurt a lot more long term than Cousins. My dream scenario would be Gregg Williams led Browns taking on the Rams in the SB in a couple years.

16 hours ago, Art said:

I KNOW it to be so.

The players have said so, though you only hear it in the "rumors" around a big release like Swearinger.   But, yes, the Redskins culture is roughly as soft as there is in the league.  The Rams are pretty close frankly with the key difference being they run fun systems.     We run complex boredom.    But we ARE as injured as we are ALWAYS under Gruden BECAUSE of how he runs EVERYTHING.   There is ONLY that as an answer.   He feels if he saves on the pounding in practice the team will be more fresh in the games.

The problem with that is simple.   We get overwhelmed when a team hits us hard.   See the Colts as an example.   They overwhelmed us.   Now, Jay is right, that over the course of a full year, if healthy, we start to be dominating.   But that's happened ONCE when Kirk caught fire.   But, THIS is what we are:

And we die EVERY YEAR because of it.

I guess it's logical, but I always hesitate when I hear a player give his input or opinion on why something like that is happening. How does Jamison Crowder actually know why he pulls a hamstring or how does Paul Richardson actually know why his knee and shoulder went to Hell? 

And, being overwhelmed in games really isn't the same as getting beat up or injured. But, I'm sure you know more about this than I do...I just don't put much stock in players knowing why they got hurt and diagnosing the issue. After all, this group of players who apparently thinks they should be going harder in practice is also reportedly grumbling when he tries to go harder in practice. I realize that's on him, but it lends to why I don't always take their opinions as Gospel. 

13 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Never had anything against them, and if that can help Bruce being shown the door, then why not? After all it's not like rooting for the Giants or the Eagles against the Patriots...

Yeah Sheehan said 2 days ago on his podcast that Bruce-Dan told one of his sources that they don't want the Vikings in the playoffs -- that's all I needed to hear for me to root for it to happen now.   

Looks like the perfect storm for a possible change is the Redskins blown out this Sunday and the Vikings win.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

THIS is a bigger issue, and one that will sink the Redskins, and Snyder wont even find out for another 5-10 years.  When having a son, I couldnt even imagine him not being a die-hard Redskins fan.  Now that hes getting of age he can start to be a fan, I cannot imagine ever doing that to him, so he gets no Redskins gear, and I am not going to raise him to be a Redskins fan because I love him too much for that.

How sad is that?  Screw you Mr Snyder.

Archived