Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Craig Hoffman: Brian Lafemina, three other executives part ways with the Redskins

Boss_Hogg

On 12/28/2018 at 4:50 PM, TK said:

Finlay's already on record as asking LaFemina this & LaFemina shot it down.

What else could he possibly say?

Edit:  In the spirit of the thread, I'll just note that it is a crazy theory to think that the league could somehow take the team from Snyder.  That's obviously not how any of this works, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if league execs exerted some pressure on Snyder to hire the guy to try to fix the team's obvious and worsening issues that have league-wide impact.  It doesn't make a ton of sense for Snyder to hire the guy and then fire him after a few months if it was entirely his decision to hire him in the first place.  

Edit 2:  Assuming Snyder isn't actually descending into madness.  

On 1/2/2019 at 5:16 PM, Art said:

Yes, i remember Yusuf.   Which is good.

As to my relative level of accuracy, not only was I precisely accurate on the topic you fictionalized and made fake, but I am entirely accurate on this topic where I called the conspiracy theory that the league put LaFemina in place as an eventual move to take the team from Snyder something idiotic.   But, my statement doesn't make that conspiracy theory idiotic and false.   Reality does.

Like, Snyder FIRED the guy the league put in to take the team from him.

Apparently, that theory was, uh, wrong.   So, when you feel the need to help newbies understand whether or not I am reliably able to discern truth from fiction, it is a good idea to do so in a thread reality has not already disabused of any alternate view than the one I kindly state.   Don't you think?

Oh, so I’m a liar, huh? What did I fictionalize and make fake?

On 12/29/2018 at 8:00 AM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That's actually too bad then...I would be encouraged if it looked like the league would step in if they saw a franchise struggling to figure it out. 

The Browns wouldn't exist if that were the case lol...but they were left alone through all their muck and dysfunction and now look at 'em...

And, no...under no circumstances are the Redskins worse off than the Browns at their worst.

On 1/2/2019 at 2:16 PM, Art said:

But, my statement doesn't make that conspiracy theory idiotic and false.   Reality does.

Like, Snyder FIRED the guy the league put in to take the team from him.

One of the most ineffective conspiracies in the history of conspiracies lol...

Goodell: "yes, yes....take the job, Brian...and do our inside work to take the Redskins away from Daniel Snyder! Mwuahahaha...."

(later) Lafemina: "Hey, boss."

Goodell: "So what's our status on 'Operation Sell The Team'?"

Lafemina: "Um, not too good...he fired me."

(...silence...)

Goodell: "Ok, I may not have thought this through..."

9 hours ago, The Sisko said:

Oh, so I’m a liar, huh? What did I fictionalize and make fake?

As already discussed directly in my first reply to you.   But the nuance of a conversation from 13-years-ago and trying to come to alignment on what was said and what you felt was said is not necessary.   We can align right here.   I said it was idiotic to think the conspiracy theory exists that the league put LaFemina in here to work some plan to take the team from Snyder.   YOU came in and suggested it may be true because I don't know what I'm talking about.   I then showed, in reality, the theory can't be true because the guy sent to take the team was terminated by the guy he was sent to take the team from.

You can agree I know what I'm talking about on this issue not because I do but because reality has revealed truth even you can embrace and agree?

If so, I may actually believe you are thoughtful enough to think a conversation is even possible to have with.   I suspect, though, you can't even admit to this.   And if my supposition is accurate, you can see why a conversation about your pent up irritation from 13-years-ago would not bear much fruit for us?

8 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I bet the luxury suites in US Bank Stadium are nice.

Everything at this stadium here is far nicer than FedEx.   Leaps and bounds nicer.   There are few stadiums as craptastic as FedEx and that is from Day 1.

On 1/4/2019 at 10:15 AM, Art said:

As already discussed directly in my first reply to you.   But the nuance of a conversation from 13-years-ago and trying to come to alignment on what was said and what you felt was said is not necessary.   We can align right here.   I said it was idiotic to think the conspiracy theory exists that the league put LaFemina in here to work some plan to take the team from Snyder.   YOU came in and suggested it may be true because I don't know what I'm talking about.   I then showed, in reality, the theory can't be true because the guy sent to take the team was terminated by the guy he was sent to take the team from.

You can agree I know what I'm talking about on this issue not because I do but because reality has revealed truth even you can embrace and agree?

If so, I may actually believe you are thoughtful enough to think a conversation is even possible to have with.   I suspect, though, you can't even admit to this.   And if my supposition is accurate, you can see why a conversation about your pent up irritation from 13-years-ago would not bear much fruit for us?

The gist of my original comment was that your credibility is questionable because you’ve been spouting the same line for years, sometimes claiming the benefit of insider info, while the team has continued to be 90% suck. I then said the conspiracy theories are more likely to be true, simply because you say they aren’t, not because any of the objective facts say so. That was followed by a smilie. So, you can do the math on how much I’m buying into these theories or whether it was to make a point, again, about your credibility.

Regarding the conspiracy theory stuff, after seeing the shady stuff your gobbidge owner has done, i.e. Andyman, smearing employees with rumors to cover up for his own incompetence, etc. is it any wonder people are willing to believe the front office is always up to chicanery? That’s the fault of Lord Farquaad and his toadies, not the fans.

I don’t really remember specifics of conversations with you from over a decade ago. What I do remember is you being the ultimate Snyderatto homer and being quite pompous and abrasive in the process. I haven’t read or posted much here for some time, but it only took seeing one or two of your current posts to see the latter hasn’t changed. Perhaps you’ve softened on the former though.

I do not buy into the whole conspiracy theory of Brian being a plant to take the team away - I am not sure the league would be that subtle. Anything Snyder did that would allow the NFL to take the team from him would be so obvious that the league would not keep it under wraps. No, they would be quite public about it - kind of like the NBA when they forced Donald Sterling to sell the Clippers. 

I could however see Roger and the league encouraging Dan to hire Brian to instill some "consistency" in team operations - I put that in quotes as I would think the league would see it as professionalism and credibility but Dan would balk at that. So they call it consistency. Ultimately though it had to be Dan's decision to hire Brian and so it can also be his decision to fire him. That makes this separation even more sad. Dan's arrogance is greater than his willingness to accept that there are issues. He didn't like what Brian was telling him so instead of looking for solutions he shot the messenger. 

Further proof - as if it were needed - that we have a moron for an owner. 

5 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Further proof - as if it were needed - that we have a moron for an owner. 

And further proof that he needs to sell if there is any hope this team climb out of the gutter it's been in for much of his near-20 year ownership.

NFL can't like seeing a top market in such disarray.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

WTF does "knowing the Redskins culture" even mean?  The culture in the organization is part of the ****ing problem.

I'm assuming it just means that maybe he won't be shocked by some obstacles that are clearly thrown up by executives. In a perfect world, yes, Snyder and Allen would change. But, in the meantime it's not awful to have people here who have a shot at succeeding in the current environment. 

15 hours ago, purbeast said:

WTF does "knowing the Redskins culture" even mean?  The culture in the organization is part of the ****ing problem.

The culture of this team is the same as monkeys throwing ****, I think the only advantage is that they might last longer than a season

Archived