Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Craig Hoffman: Brian Lafemina, three other executives part ways with the Redskins

Boss_Hogg

13 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I’m not backing him ... just predicting it based on Snyder’s history. 

No clue what this even means.   What in Snyder's history would suggest he'd hire a guy for a position he's never remotely held and has never remotely been in the running for OTHER than Zorn I guess?

No, nothing in Snyder's history suggests he'd hire Riddick.   Riddick is GREAT at his current job.   Something he's not been at any previous job.   If the team were to take a chance on a media personality to make personnel calls it would be Mel Kiper.   Someone big.   Sheesh.

18 minutes ago, Art said:

I love Karl, but he's too happy being retired drinking his wine :).   Now, Gregg Williams, being my first man-crush, would please me to the end of days.   I hope you're right :).

It's time for paranoia and a circling of the wagons. Bring them both back. And you can start telling us that the Skins are secretly the envy of the league again. Everyone wins.

We can bring back Om and his philosophy that "every noun deserves an adjective and every adjective deserves an adverb."

It will be great.

2 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

It's time for paranoia and a circling of the wagons. Bring them both back. And you can start telling us that the Skins are secretly the envy of the league again. Everyone wins.

We can bring back Om and his philosophy that "every noun deserves an adjective and every adjective deserves an adverb."

It will be great.

I just got transported back to 2008. Thanks!

Just now, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

It will be great.

Sadly, my children have decided my eyes should rarely drift off whatever it is they are doing so even if Gregg and Karl came back, I could not come back to explain the awesome nature of things with any regularity.   Maybe in, oh, 7 years :).   Until then I linger and sometimes say hello.   It's the most I can give ya.   But I will tell you what I've told everyone on message boards here since 2005 and prior at other places.   When the Redskins get themselves a Top 5 QB there will seem to be no other problems for 10 years.   And it won't be because anything functionally changed OTHER than finding ONE player.   We've whiffed on this for a long time sadly.

1 minute ago, Boss_Hogg said:

An Art sighting what a treat. 

Thanks for the contributions, it makes sense. 

I just wish we had that competent talent evaluator instead of a greasy politician making roster and lineup decisions. 

Bruce is a politician first and foremost.   That is fair.   But, Scot had the talent evaluator thing down and he managed to lead us to, what, ONE good draft pick and ONE other that has overachieved in Scherff and Ionnidis.   I'm pretty sure if we'd kept Fuller we'd maybe think differently about how strong his draft classes were perhaps, but we didn't.   In any case, our problems the last couple years have not been the draft selections.   Our problems are we continue to lead the league in IR players due to a soft culture that does not pay specific attention to detail.   In that Bruce is Jay's boss that is Bruce's fault.   I'd be fine with both he and Jay going frankly.   He's had a lot of time.   Like Grunfeld with the Bullets.   None of the moves are particularly bad really, but on the whole nothing works.   At some point let's just make that change there.   I'm fine with it being now.   But, if I could ONLY have ONE change, it would be with Gruden as his way of leading leads to injuries and what we have every year.

1 hour ago, Art said:

No clue what this even means.   What in Snyder's history would suggest he'd hire a guy for a position he's never remotely held and has never remotely been in the running for OTHER than Zorn I guess?

No, nothing in Snyder's history suggests he'd hire Riddick.   Riddick is GREAT at his current job.   Something he's not been at any previous job.   If the team were to take a chance on a media personality to make personnel calls it would be Mel Kiper.   Someone big.   Sheesh.

I just think it fits his style. He was interested in Mayock last year. Riddick was here before. Would handle the media well. Knows everyone in the building.  Known by the public.  Theisman tweeted about him.  Seems like a Snyder type of move. 

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Here's the thing about Riddick...if he's ultimately answering to Bruce Allen, it won't matter how good he is. But, the reason this wouldn't surprise me is because the Redskins have been very good at re-directing attention. I hope I don't get killed for this, but I could see them not only hiring a GM but also hiring a minority just so they can point to that and get positive coverage to off-set the well-deserved negative coverage. 

Killed for what. I think you are dead on the money man.

20 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

An Art sighting what a treat. 

Thanks for the contributions, it makes sense. 

I just wish we had that competent talent evaluator instead of a greasy politician making roster and lineup decisions. 

Don’t forget also that Bruce is our man in the booth that advises Jay on challenge flag throwings. Unbelievable when I read that last week. What a **** sammich we have right now save only some position coaches. 

19 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Don’t forget also that Bruce is our man in the booth that advises Jay on challenge flag throwings. Unbelievable when I read that last week. What a **** sammich we have right now save only some position coaches. 

It could be worse. Jon Gruden has former ref Gerry Austin advising him to throw the challenge flag on confirmed TDs. Yes a former ref advised a coach to challenge a non challenegable play that was confirmed like all scoring plays.

Someone outside the coaching structure should be doing this, so this is one thing I’m not concerned with him doing. Especially since I can’t remember many stupid challenges this year. Maybe I’m just not paying attention though. 

Anyway, that doesn’t change my opinion of Bruce that he sucks and should be fired. It’s just I’m not going to get worked up over something like this. 

43 minutes ago, Art said:

Bruce is a politician first and foremost.   That is fair.   But, Scot had the talent evaluator thing down and he managed to lead us to, what, ONE good draft pick and ONE other that has overachieved in Scherff and Ionnidis.   I'm pretty sure if we'd kept Fuller we'd maybe think differently about how strong his draft classes were perhaps, but we didn't.   In any case, our problems the last couple years have not been the draft selections.   Our problems are we continue to lead the league in IR players due to a soft culture that does not pay specific attention to detail.   In that Bruce is Jay's boss that is Bruce's fault.   I'd be fine with both he and Jay going frankly.   He's had a lot of time.   Like Grunfeld with the Bullets.   None of the moves are particularly bad really, but on the whole nothing works.   At some point let's just make that change there.   I'm fine with it being now.   But, if I could ONLY have ONE change, it would be with Gruden as his way of leading leads to injuries and what we have every year.

You think Gruden's leadership is so much different than the other 31 teams that it's the primary reason we lead the league in injuries? I'm a little shocked to hear that actually...

38 minutes ago, Art said:

But, if I could ONLY have ONE change, it would be with Gruden as his way of leading leads to injuries and what we have every year.

I agree. Grudens natural management style will not change either and it does not work in the position he holds. Sooner or later the wheels come off. Gruden can adequately tread water to keep himself afloat....just....but that's his limit.

21 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Someone needs to start printing t-shirts that say

Dan Snyder Sucks...but Bruce Allen Swallows.

It would be cost prohibitive, but if there were more people wearing Swearinger Cardinals jerseys than there were people wearing any Redskins jerseys on Sunday... It would be funny.

1 hour ago, Redskin4ever said:

It could be worse. Jon Gruden has former ref Gerry Austin advising him to throw the challenge flag on confirmed TDs. Yes a former ref advised a coach to challenge a non challenegable play that was confirmed like all scoring plays.

Someone outside the coaching structure should be doing this, so this is one thing I’m not concerned with him doing. Especially since I can’t remember many stupid challenges this year. Maybe I’m just not paying attention though. 

Anyway, that doesn’t change my opinion of Bruce that he sucks and should be fired. It’s just I’m not going to get worked up over something like this. 

True but Bruce is the anti King Midas so I don’t want impacting our plays let alone players. Lol

Another funny is tha brother Jon Gruden put in a claim for DJ after we canned him for calling out coaches. Lol

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

You think Gruden's leadership is so much different than the other 31 teams that it's the primary reason we lead the league in injuries? I'm a little shocked to hear that actually...

I KNOW it to be so.

The players have said so, though you only hear it in the "rumors" around a big release like Swearinger.   But, yes, the Redskins culture is roughly as soft as there is in the league.  The Rams are pretty close frankly with the key difference being they run fun systems.     We run complex boredom.    But we ARE as injured as we are ALWAYS under Gruden BECAUSE of how he runs EVERYTHING.   There is ONLY that as an answer.   He feels if he saves on the pounding in practice the team will be more fresh in the games.

The problem with that is simple.   We get overwhelmed when a team hits us hard.   See the Colts as an example.   They overwhelmed us.   Now, Jay is right, that over the course of a full year, if healthy, we start to be dominating.   But that's happened ONCE when Kirk caught fire.   But, THIS is what we are:

And we die EVERY YEAR because of it.

24 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

If they need help finding his replacement, Snyder should ask Bruce for his rolodex of ex Tampa/Oakland buddies.  That's where they're all coming from anyway.  Any fresh blood winds up leaving and is successful somewhere else.  And the beat goes on.

I can apply for Team President's job!

If someone as dumb as Bruce can do it. I could succeed way more easily!

I'm smart!

19 hours ago, TK said:

When's the XFL start in DC? 

We all laugh. But it is going to be a rude slap in the face to Snyder when the Valor draw as big of home crowds as the dump that is Fedex Field does next season. the valor are coming off of a championship season. And I am going to go to a couple of games next year. I will never set foot in the abomination of a stadium that Fedex is again in my life.

15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We all laugh. But it is going to be a rude slap in the face to Snyder when the Valor draw as big of home crowds as the dump that is Fedex Field does next season. the valor are coming off of a championship season. And I am going to go to a couple of games next year. I will never set foot in the abomination of a stadium that Fedex is again in my life.

The 2-10 champion Valor!!!!! 😄

I'm looking forward to the Alliance of American Football starting this spring. Josh Johnson was the #1 overall pick for the San Diego Fleet......be interesting to see if he plays there. And who can't root for a team called the Arizona Hotshots!!!

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

The 2-10 champion Valor!!!!! 😄

I'm looking forward to the Alliance of American Football starting this spring. Josh Johnson was the #1 overall pick for the San Diego Fleet......be interesting to see if he plays there. And who can't root for a team called the Arizona Hotshots!!!

Brother you can rag on the regular season record all you want. We all know the Arena Bowl is what matters :)

A day before Lafemina was fired in one of these threads I said that he should watch his back or else he could get fired.   The next day when I saw the new thread about several marketing guys getting fired I was really surprised that my prediction had become true so fast....but its getting easier to understand these under achievers in charge of this franchise.

Archived