Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Craig Hoffman: Brian Lafemina, three other executives part ways with the Redskins

Boss_Hogg

30 minutes ago, normal_gymnasium said:

Why would you be a fraud? It's sports. It's not that serious. Root for whomever you damn well please.

Hard to explain...I don't see how I could forge a similar emotional connection to another team. I'd know it wasn't "real". And that's because most of these irrational extreme fandom feelings are forged as children, and/or tied up in our relationships with close family members, many who have passed. It's extremely hard to duplicate that fanaticism and conjure it out of nowhere as an adult imo, especially while trying to sever an old attachment to another team in the same sport. It would always feel fake, or unfulfilling in some way imo. It's sickening but for many here that's the nature of our fanhood. It's a part of our self-identity and personality, as big a flaw as that is. If I could simply flip a switch in my mind, and seamlessly transfer my emotional attachment to a different team, I would do it. 

I just don't see how Snyder could be so blind..Fans aren't just gonna come back with Allen being in charge of everything..All Snyder is doing is pushing more fans away the longer he has that idiot in the FO and once they are gone i think it will be the end for him and the team.

1 minute ago, Tay said:

I usually try to defend the organization, but this is a joke. The entire operation is terrible. Even the decisions I agree with are handled terribly. It's ridiculous

Still go back to the first preseason game this year. Get a cheap ticket on Stubhub and head up to the club level. Go to the information table just to get some literature to satisfy my curiosity on how much they are asking for club seats this year. The woman asks if I'm interested in seats, tell her used to have them for 10 years a while back. Guy next to her asks if I'll be "joining us again," I tell him no, probably just go through Stubhub as I have been. He says "well, its not going to be as simple as it has been in the past" and "we don't want you missing out on seats for the Cowboys game."

The Cowboys game.  Wow, that just really tugged at my heartstrings 🙄

A while later I decide to go to Johnny Rockets to get a chocolate shake....."our shake machine is down." Wonderful. Scene repeated itself on the 200 level at the Houston game where I go to the stir fry stand and there is no line. Weird. Go up and order food and a drink...…"our drink machine is down."

What a crapshow of an organization. 

24 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Par for the course.

Fire the gardener because the car won't start.

The next headline should read " Bruce Allen to wed Daniel Snyder.

I am at a loss for words as to the stupidity of Dan Snyder.   OK, I am now officially on the " Sell The Team Dan " bandwagon.  I hope the Eagles blow out the Redskins tomorrow 100-0, but I hope moreso that the players unite and simply lay down for the Eagles; don't even put up a struggle. Send a message; they can't fire/trade EVERYONE.

Lonnnnngggggg time lurker on extremeskins.  Joined recently and todays my 1st post.  Most every thought I’ve had has been mentioned, ......why I’m a lurker :)  but this post got me thinking....fastest way to a true change, maybe even ownership is a true, full blow player revolt this weekend like pro sports has never seen .  Make the NFL embarrassed  of our **** storm that is our beloved Resskins.  How do we rally the players...what the hell do they have to lose.   Being cut and afforded the chance to get the hell out of here or the small chance that it actually works.    

Back to the town of lurkerville.....

Hail. 

9 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

is it really possible the NFL can force Snyder to sell the team?

It is, but it would take an especially egregious offense to force the league to eat one of their own. The owner would have to commit a very serious crime or otherwise act in a way that simply could not be reconciled, such as coming out as a member of the KKK or something like that.

Jim Irsay was driving around under the influence and was found with a bunch of illegal prescription drugs in his car and $29K. He was charged with 4 felony drug charges and DWI. He still owns the Colts.

Jimmy Haslam was implicated in a $56M fraud case involving his family business. He still owns the Browns.

Bone crushing incompetence is hardly something that the NFL cares much about.

This whole thing is reminiscent of watching those restaurant takeover/restaurant impossible shows where the reknowned chef/restauranteur shows up to a failing establishment, assesses the issues, gives the owner the hard facts and a business plan to fix them.  Everything is swell when the doors re-open.  Once the cameras cut, the owners typically go back to what they’ve been doing vs. the plan laid out for them.  Only those businesses typically end up bankrupt and out of business shortly thereafter.  Fortunately for Dan, he bought one of the only businesses in the world that he can screw up over and over and over again and still make money.

1 minute ago, LoDown91 said:

One of two things happen here. Either this is the beginning of a mass house  cleaning or Snyder's way of saying "You want someone fired?? Well, there you go Skins Nation now get over it. Bruce stays." 

If he keeps Allen he will loose what fans are left ..What people don't realize is this isn't the Browns or Bills fans that are dedicated to those teams no matter what.

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hard to explain...I don't see how I could forge a similar emotional connection to another team. I'd know it wasn't "real". And that's because most of these irrational extreme fandom feelings are forged as children, and/or tied up in our relationships with close family members, many who have passed. It's extremely hard to duplicate that fanaticism and conjure it out of nowhere as an adult imo, especially while trying to sever an old attachment to another team in the same sport. It would always feel fake, or unfulfilling in some way imo. It's sickening but for many here that's the nature of our fanhood. It's a part of our self-identity and personality, as big a flaw as that is. If I could simply flip a switch in my mind, and seamlessly transfer my emotional attachment to a different team, I would do it. 

I get it. The act of watching the Burgundy and Gold on Sundays feels damn near like religion. Me too. That's why we're all here, talking about a bunch of millionaires and billionaires that we'll never know, who don't know we exist, and could care less about us.

I guess at some point you have to make a choice.  What are your values? If the people who own and run your childhood sports team now disgust you, yet you continue to support them by watching them play and buying merch/tickets/concessions, aren't you just enabling some horrible people while allowing yourself to be on the short end of an abusive relationship?

You may chuckle at this analogy, but this is exactly why women don't leave abusive men. They are afraid to change. They've never known another way. They are invested. The are tied to the abuser by friends and family, by tradition and routine. They think things will change, that somehow things will get better, but they generally get worse over time. The abuser pulls the same BS over and over again. It never ends until the abused dies or decides to leave.

Which will it be for you?

The only field home advantage is in this Forum. The Redskins will always be my team however it is so hard being a fan.  I have family members bailing out. Some who are passing on and some who are tired of the same old same old. 

We see teams win rebuild win rebuild and the Redskins are always rebuilding.  I have no doubt that the owner wants to win but it seems obvious that he doesn’t know how to run a professional organization. 

Sundays game it is going to be a circus. 

😞

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

These schmucks sit in their office thinking they are so smart meanwhile Snyder and company are failures. I wonder if the know how much they suck.

I honestly don’t think he even cares if he sucks or not.  It’s never been more abundantly clear that it’s more important for Snyder to use the team as a social tool rather than to make money and win championships.  Lavar, Vinny, Portis, Griffin and the absolute worst relationship of all for us as fans, Bruce Allen.  That’s whats important to Dan, having friends.  All of them, even Bruce, guys not likely to want anything to do with being Dan’s friend if he wasn’t signing their paychecks.

Setting aside how ****ing terrible of a businessman Snyder has proven to be, him being this elusive, private sort of Howard Hughes-esque shut-in with no personal or Internet connection to the outside world is an unimaginable detriment to the situation. We have (unfortunately) one of the youngest owners in the NFL, but instead of being more in touch with the fanbase, he's basically from another century and insulates himself not only from criticism, but just reality. It's kinda scary. 

13 minutes ago, normal_gymnasium said:

Dammit, don't make me Google **** TK. I can't even read that Star Wars font.

abandon all hope, ye who enter~ Dante

We were all condemned to hell two decades ago, the font is just the latest affliction

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Setting aside how ****ing terrible of a businessman Snyder has proven to be, him being this elusive, private sort of Howard Hughes-esque shut-in with no personal or Internet connection to the outside world is an unimaginable detriment to the situation. We have (unfortunately) one of the youngest owners in the NFL, but instead of being more in touch with the fanbase, he's basically from another century and insulates himself not only from criticism, but just reality. It's kinda scary. 

Which is why I believe it’s important for the die hards that do show up to FedEx to be loud and aggressive in their disdain and to do whatever it is they can do to shame him at the only venue they’ll ever have the chance to do so.  Signs, chants, bags on heads, whatever it takes.

I’d actually buy a ticket to the game Sunday if there was an organized F You Snyder event taking place. 

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Which is why I believe it’s important for the die hards that do show up to FedEx to be loud and aggressive in their disdain and to do whatever it is they can do to shame him at the only venue they’ll ever have the chance to do so.  Signs, chants, bags on heads, whatever it takes.

I’d actually buy a ticket to the game Sunday if there was an organized F You Snyder event taking place. 

We need a game where Skins fans show up, buy every seat, every ticket, scour StubHub, everything, and then at the gates tear them up and just stand in the lot so the stadium is boneass empty, a wasteland, ****ing tumbleweeds on the sidelines.........

I'm not trying to be devil's advocate here but...just saying...

The team was doing well this year and it didn't feel entirely like false hope.  Football wise it was the things we've begged for: run the ball stop the run.  And it was working.  It felt false because Alex wasn't lighting it up.  Which, yes was a mistake to ink him in for so long, and yes injuries happen to everyone, but it did feel like something to build on.  Imagine keeping that going and working on the offense and boom - we are a dangerous team.

I'm just saying, that happened in spite of this awful front office situation we have so maybe it doesn't really matter if the office guys are greedy narcissistic assholes.  It's just the players on the field and the coaches.

Now, I'm starting to think it's so bad, so toxic that even the players and coaches see it.  But they should remember as well: this is the same front office you had at 6-3.  Releasing DJ, these guys leaving, the foster thing, it's like what are you doing??  Just stay boring and work on the team.  

Anyway, don't expect Bruce to go anywhere, but hold out hope that the team of football players can succeed in spite of the assholes running the show.  They already did for the first half of this season.  And thr injuries were pretty damn real.

Imma choose to ignore whatever is going on front office wise because I've been shown it doesn't really matter.....mostly.  

I think I've finally broken my fan addiction, 1970 to 2018...been a Redskins Fan...I've DVR'd the last 3 games...didn't bother to watch em..won't even bother to DVR again.

I can't bring myself to give up 3 hours to support this team anymore. How the hell did a punk ass little POS screw up one of the greatest franchises in the NFL...I hope I read about bags on the heads at the stadium..or a MASS walkout just before kickoff...I sure as hell won't see it.

16 minutes ago, Dirt said:

Imma choose to ignore whatever is going on front office wise because I've been shown it doesn't really matter.....mostly.  

Working in dysfunction junction has a negative impact on everyone.  Crap rolls downhill, literally.  Ashburn is a mess and it absolutely impacts what you see on the field.

I know 6-3 feels like 9-0 to Redskins fans and all but my god man, the 6-3 wasnt even an impressive 6-3.  They got spanked by the legit teams, scraped out some wins vs. the average, and beat teams they should beat.  It took some fortunate bounces/calls and timely playmaking to get to that 6-3.  Most everyone on earth knew it wasn’t sustainable and never bought the Redskins as legit.  Our very own post game show hosted by guys that played for the team would start each show with the exact same criticism that was frowned upon here.  Practically everyone could see that this team wasn’t destined for success come this time of year.   

29 minutes ago, Dirt said:

That’s the same assumption we had going into 2013 after a 10-6 season before we imploded to 3-13.   Spoiler alert, that’s where this team is headed next season.  This organization is rotten and stinking to the utter core from the inside out.

I like football, DC has a team, so I want the DC team to do well.  That's how beaten down I am with this franchise now.  If Bruce isn't gone this year, I'm going to turn on Snyder, he's become completely undefendable and no indication he gives a damn about anyone even trying.

30 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This...is not the overriding lesson I would take away from all this. 

Agreed.  Look no further then the DC basketball team and tell me with a straight face the front office doesn't matter.  

Archived