Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Craig Hoffman: Brian Lafemina, three other executives part ways with the Redskins

Boss_Hogg

I would be a Browns fan if I could do it without knowing/feeling I was a fraud. I've already been a fan of a non-Patriots team, living in NE, my whole life....but...I'd know. What a sick, abusive relationship we're in with this team. 

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

I actually think this is a very bright sign for the future.  Not the immediate future mind you, but for 3-5 years from now, and heres why:

This was a gut reaction, a desperate move, and one that they felt couldnt even wait until next season for a guy they were convinced would be a savior on the financing side.  What does that mean?  That  means either A. This years ticket and merchandise sales were a massive blow to Snyders finances, to the point it scared him. or B, this was an unstable desperate attempt to shut up a dissenting voice on players like Foster, and if thats the case, one the NFL will be scared about.   Why is that good?  Because in the end theres only 2 ways we will get to be happy again as Redskins fans, and that is A. The Redskins fire everyone, and Snyder realizes he has to do everything differently, or he has to sell the team to avoid continually losing value.  B. The NFL owners force Snyder to fire due to conduct detrimental to the league.

This kind of irrational stupid firing is the very type needed to start pushing those wheels in motion to end Snyders ownership, even though he likely doesnt realize it.

I was just thinking something similar.  It feels like a Game of Thrones episode where said power grab person is just flailing and pushing things too far where its going to backfire eventually.

But agree it shows among other things Dan is angry about ticket sales and fan sentiment.   Bruce is doubling down that he has it figured out.  I think it comes crashing down next season.   What are they selling to the fans?  Bruce is back!  Can't wait to see Colt!    Here's Bruce's new bargain basement FA signing.    Too many holes i think for them to fill.  Their arrogance I think will backfire on that count.  And I can't think of anything they are poised to be doing they will even a whit rekindle fan enthusiasm.

For all that follow the show, Bruce has a lot of Baelish in him but eventually his luck ran out.  I am guessing it does for Bruce, too.  Question is when?  Wish it was now but am betting its January 2020.

19 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

And there it is.  

I figured when things got down to brass tax it would have to go one way or the other (Bruce fired or Bruce stays), too bad for us it went the wrong way.

Russell just reported that that the team found out Lafemina was going to quit so they fired him.

I thought lafemina would not last a year. 

I just hope Snyder moves Allen to the non football side and hires a real football person. 

Because if nothing changes on that side the fan base will disovle even more.

i went to the atlanta game this year took me no time to get out of the parking lot .

the stadium was 1/3 empty.

i remember when having redskins tickets was a financial positive you could resale

half the home games and pay for the whole

season.

10 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Russell just reported that that the team found out Lafemina was going to quit so they fired him.

This actually makes the most sense.  

The one executive acquisition that I could get behind, not because of what I knew about him, but merely the fact he was an outsider.  I actually gave Dan props for this and I should have known better.  Everything I read about the guy after the fact was impressive.  

Makes total sense to me that he would come here with goals of turning things around primarily by getting to the bottom of fan resentment.  Only to soon realize that Dan doesn’t want the truth and bail before he further ruins his good name.

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

I thought lafemina would not last a year. 

I just hope Snyder moves Allen to the non football side and hires a real football person. 

Because if nothing changes on that side the fan base will disovle even more.

i went to the atlanta game this year took me no time to get out of the parking lot .

the stadium was 1/3 empty.

i remember when having redskins tickets was a financial positive you could resale

half the home games and pay for the whole

season.

With the Lafemina hiring, they actually took non-football responsibilities away from Allen, and apparently he wasn't too happy about that and was at odds with Lafemina from day one.  The Reuben Foster waiver claim was the straw that broke the camels back though.  

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The one executive acquisition that I could get behind, not because of what I knew about him, but merely the fact he was an outsider.  I actually gave Dan props for this and I should have known better.  Everything I read about the guy after the fact was impressive.  

Makes total sense to me that he would come here with goals of turning things around primarily by getting to the bottom of fan resentment and feeding it to Dan, only to realize that these folks aren’t a worth saving and bail before he further ruins his good name.

Yup, Dan read the tea leaves wrong on this one and fired the wrong guy.  Not saying Lafemina was going to take over football operations, but he did a fantastic job with the #togetherwehail program, changes at the stadium and improving communications and relationships with season-ticket holders.  He was promised full control over the business side, as Snyder pursued him for OVER A YEAR.  SNYDER WANTED THIS HIRE!  And he sides with Bruce Allen on the Foster waiver claim, as Lafemina brought direct quotes from corporate STH's who were pissed about the move, and that was essentially the end of Lafemina's role with the Redskins.  

12 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I figured we things got down to brass tax it would have to go one way or the other (Bruce fired or Bruce stays), too bad for us it went the wrong way.

But I heard the other 2 execs quit in protest of LaFemina being fired?  Whatever - the Redskins don’t explain personnel decisions so speculation runs rampant.    It’s amazing the Redskins don’t even try to control

the narrative.

32 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I would be a Browns fan if I could do it without knowing/feeling I was a fraud. I've already been a fan of a non-Patriots team, living in NE, my whole life....but...I'd know. What a sick, abusive relationship we're in with this team. 

I'm with you, let's start a fan club. We can call them the "BrownSkins"

Well, maybe not call them that.

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Makes total sense to me that he would come here with goals of turning things around primarily by getting to the bottom of fan resentment.  Only to soon realize that Dan doesn’t want the truth and bail before he further ruins his good name.

What I don't get is why Lafemnina didn't hash this stuff out before he took the job, in no way am I saying that he is even 1% at fault but everyone knows we have dummies running the team and it wouldn't be hard for Lafemina to do the research and find out how toxic things are?

At that point, you lay your cards on the table for Dan and say look, this is the issue based on the data I have and here is what we need to do if you really want to fix it.  

Just a big waste of time for everyone involved.

Well I got this update on my phone, honestly had no idea who or what they did. Reading all this sounds like they were good guys and more stupid Redskins moves but I can’t be visibly pissed because like I said I had no idea what they even did. I got a new Sean Taylor jersey for Xmas and I’m going to the Eagles game,  am I a bad fan for still supporting? 

Just now, max21 said:

Well I got this update on my phone, honestly had no idea who or what they did. Reading all this sounds like they were good guys and more stupid Redskins moves but I can’t be visibly pissed because like I said I had no idea what they even did. I got a new Sean Taylor jersey for Xmas and I’m going to the Eagles game,  am I a bad fan for still supporting? 

giphy.gif

I swear, every time I jump on here lately, there's just more bad news, and this is the absolute worst I could've imagined with the team. Lafemina was a good guy . Exactly the kind of guy the team needed to change its culture. He apparently had something on his bulletin board when he started at Redskins Park: "Do the right thing every day for a thousand days and people will start to believe us." 

That was music to my ears. He understood what the fan base feels and what it will take to turn that around. That attitude would never last in that hellhole. Absolutely sickening. I can't express how much I hate these people (Allen, Snyder). I know that's very extreme to say when you're talking about a game, but the team is so deeply ingrained in my life and has been for more than 40 years. It's meant so much to me, and to see it become this thing that I absolutely detest is just so discouraging. Yes, there are far more important things in the world to worry about and concern ourselves with. I need to try to start doing that, because this is just a hopeless situation. It's the junkie family member that you finally realize will never kick the habit until he/she dies.  

I’m done.  I’m 38 years old.  This clown ass franchise hasn’t even won a playoff game since the 2005 season and haven’t advanced past the second round since 1991.  This franchise is so blatantly mismanaged it is legit bafflingly horrifying.  Just the ultimate train wreck.  Dan Snyder is the worst owner in professional sports.  Just finds a way to spit in the fans face over and over again.  Tired of rolling with this **** show.  I never thought that one owner could literally destroy a franchise and humiliate a fan base at this scale.  Nobody should be going to games.  There’s plenty of better things to do with your time on Sunday than wasting it spending your hard earned $ to watch this bull****.  Spend time with your family, go fishing, learn a new hobby, for the love of god, anything but wasting your time around a bunch of drunken losers blindly rooting for this awful awful franchise.  🤬

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Why would you be a fraud? It's sports. It's not that serious. Root for whomever you damn well please.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I came to say that I wish I could stop following the team.  But after 36 years of being a diehard fan, I’d probably need a medical detox in order to change.  It’s like an addiction.

I root for the Saints as a second team because my wife is a Saints fan. 

But I couldn’t call myself a Saints fan. 

Its a disease.  Alcohol somethimes helps dull the pain.  But it’s nit a cure for the symptoms.

FML

47 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

What I don't get is why Lafemnina didn't hash this stuff out before he took the job, in no way am I saying that he is even 1% at fault but everyone knows we have dummies running the team and it wouldn't be hard for Lafemina to do the research and find out how toxic things are?

At that point, you lay your cards on the table for Dan and say look, this is the issue based on the data I have and here is what we need to do if you really want to fix it.  

Just a big waste of time for everyone involved.

Why didn't Shanny? Why didn't Marty? Why didn't McCloughan? 

I'm sure they were all clear in what their expectations were. I'm sure they were all lied to. Well Shanny did his fair share of lying also. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I came to say that I wish I could stop following the team.  But after 36 years of being a diehard fan, I’d probably need a medical detox in order to change.  It’s like an addiction.

Its a disease.  Alcohol somethimes helps dull the pain.  But it’s nit a cure for the symptoms.

FML

FML?..you sound just like me..my wife is a bears fan since I got something to look forward to the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

FML

Same here, brother. I was contemplating rooting for another team, but it wouldn't be authentic. No chance I would go to Extremechargers to hang with their fans. Like I said in the other thread I'm just not watching them anymore until Allen is gone. This team is in an unacceptable state.

Par for the course.

Fire the gardener because the car won't start.

The next headline should read " Bruce Allen to wed Daniel Snyder.

I am at a loss for words as to the stupidity of Dan Snyder.   OK, I am now officially on the " Sell The Team Dan " bandwagon.  I hope the Eagles blow out the Redskins tomorrow 100-0, but I hope moreso that the players unite and simply lay down for the Eagles; don't even put up a struggle. Send a message; they can't fire/trade EVERYONE.

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

FML?..you sound just like me..my wife is a bears fan since I got something to look forward to the playoffs.

**** My Life

I wish you great celebrations if the Bears win... 

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Same here, brother. I was contemplating rooting for another team, but it wouldn't be authentic. No chance I would go to Extremechargers to hang with their fans. Like I said in the other thread I'm just not watching them anymore until Allen is gone. This team is in an unacceptable state.

I can’t look away.

I might check myself into an asylum.

Archived