Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Craig Hoffman: Brian Lafemina, three other executives part ways with the Redskins

Boss_Hogg

23 minutes ago, A Skinhead in Saints Land said:

Someone posted about Bruce possibly moving to the business side of things, but let's call a spade a spade.  It doesn't matter what title you give Bruce, his finger is on the pulse of everything Redskins.  Been a fan all my life, but if he isn't out then I am.  Can't do this **** anymore.  Why couldn't I have just been a Saints fan like everyone else in Louisiana?

I wish you luck maybe that approach will work for you.  I got the sickness so bad even adopting a second team failed to bring the relief I sought.  Maybe a 12 step program or an extended stay in an expensive addiction clinic is required for me to really free myself from this unhealthy habit.

2 hours ago, Csup said:

Wow...real change.  

This team is a perpetual joke.  LaFemina was dealt a bad hand.  But he was trying to change the business culture at least.  

The real priblems are on the football side of the business.  If Bruce Allen stays I will tap out after 45 years of being a fan.  I will actively root for whoever plays the deadskins.  F U Snyder.

Been a fan since 1968. Think I'm done till Snyder sells.

I met Brian at Season Ticket Holder OTA practice.  Seemed like a nice guy told me to contact him if I ever had an issues (I never needed to).  He was curious about my experience last year when the Redskins sent me to the Pro Bowl.  I liked the changes he was making, he had to know what he was getting himself into with this organization at least a little.

I also met Jake Bye at the Redskins Season Ticket Holder fan forum.  He also seemed like a nice guy.   Its a shame to loose these folks after only 1 year.

2 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

I met Brian at Season Ticket Holder OTA practice.  Seemed like a nice guy told me to contact him if I ever had an issues (I never needed to).  He was curious about my experience last year when the Redskins sent me to the Pro Bowl.  I liked the changes he was making, he had to know what he was getting himself into with this organization at least a little.

I also met Jake Bye at the Redskins Season Ticket Holder fan forum.  He also seemed like a nice guy.   Its a shame to loose these folks after only 1 year.

It's even worse when you lose nice, COMPETENTS people, whom you worked hard to get.

It speaks volumes about this FO.

Anyway, BR does have its latest article regarding attendance this year in the NFL:

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/LongFormArticle/Ranking-NFL-teams-by-2018-attendance-through-Week-16-122086639/#122086639_4

That's the part for Redskins. Standing at 29!

Home Total: 425,039

Home Average: 60,719

Home Capacity Percentage: 74.0

Away Total: 554,940

Away Average: 63,055

This is not good. And that is on Bruce.

6 minutes ago, MassSkinsFan said:

**** this ****hole organization. 

Somebody on here needs to start a support group for recovering Redskins fans.  I would do it but I’m a founding member of the Lazy People’s Support Group.

I actually think this is a very bright sign for the future.  Not the immediate future mind you, but for 3-5 years from now, and heres why:

This was a gut reaction, a desperate move, and one that they felt couldnt even wait until next season for a guy they were convinced would be a savior on the financing side.  What does that mean?  That  means either A. This years ticket and merchandise sales were a massive blow to Snyders finances, to the point it scared him. or B, this was an unstable desperate attempt to shut up a dissenting voice on players like Foster, and if thats the case, one the NFL will be scared about.   Why is that good?  Because in the end theres only 2 ways we will get to be happy again as Redskins fans, and that is A. The Redskins fire everyone, and Snyder realizes he has to do everything differently, or he has to sell the team to avoid continually losing value.  B. The NFL owners force Snyder to fire due to conduct detrimental to the league.

This kind of irrational stupid firing is the very type needed to start pushing those wheels in motion to end Snyders ownership, even though he likely doesnt realize it.

This December feels like the lowest point in Skins history since Sean Taylor's death. Just one bad move after another.

If the Redskins go back to the old ticket marketing strategy, then Fed Ex Field is going to be even more of a home field for opponents than it is now.

I haven’t posted a lot because I’ve been angry at this franchise. Let’s be honest what in Snyder’s two decades of ownership would convince anyone that he can or will change? How many rock bottoms do we need to have under Snyder? The cheerleader story should have been rock bottom, being the only team to claim Ruben Foster should have been rock bottom, Swearinger getting cut while the way less talented Mason Foster keeps his job should have been rock bottom. Hell the Scot McCloughan saga should have been rock bottom. And we can go on for 20 years of Rock Bottom under Snyder. At this point I feel like it’s a love/hate relationship and the hate is so much more than the love. I hope the Eagles stomp a mudhole in this team and walk it dry and the only sound Snyder and Allen hear are choruses of “Fly Eagles Fly” maybe that might convince Snyder to fire Bruce Allen, but it probably won’t because there is no Rock Bottom under Snyder. The bar has been lowered so far down that it is a molten pile of slag at the Earth’s Core

1 hour ago, Birdlives said:

Disappointed, but definitely not shocked. **** Bruce Allen and **** Dan Snyder. I’m on the verge of spending my time rooting against this team. They’re not my Redskins anymore.

Yes, join me. I announced that the day of the Alex Smith trade. I root for this team to lose every game. If they were battling for a playoff spot Sunday, I would still root against them. I'm not going to support this incompetence and hubris, and the once every 4 or 5 year first round playoff exit doesn't interest me.

It truly is amazing how far the team has fallen.  From 6-3 to a dumpster fire in a few short weeks.  For all the sympathy for having so many injuries (again), this team has continually found ways to fall to deeper depths of incompetence.  When will it end?  Will the team fall further down the depths of incompetance?  Will Snyder fire Bruce?  Will Snyder sell the team?  Find out in the next episode of Soap.

Dear Dan & Bruce

FU

signed

Long Time Fan

58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Bruce Allen is somehow WORSE than Vinny Cerrato EVER was.

Un freaking believable. This is not just the worst franchise in pro sports, one could argue it is the worst run business on the planet.

You sir, could be 100% correct

54 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

And Bruce Allen used to be the front facing person during the STH events, emails, etc.  So he was always at odds with Lafemina, and apparently the breaking point was the Reuben Foster waiver claim.  So now we progressed to firing Lafemina and three others.  Bruce once again survives a power struggle with an executive who is viewed as a savior to his villain.  

2 hours ago, lavar1156 said:

Boycott everything. Don't buy tickets, merchandise, etc. 

We did, got Lafemina because of it and Dan sent him away less than a year later.  He read the tea leaves wrong.  

Archived