Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Craig Hoffman: Brian Lafemina, three other executives part ways with the Redskins

Boss_Hogg

1 minute ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Won't be suprised if Eric Schaffer and Kyle Smith leave or get canned. 

Bruce is farting out everyone and anyone he sees as a threat. 

Any chance this is a precursor to a complete overhaul? Snyder has Allen fire everyone then fires him himself? 

Does this mean that we won't see the East End Zone open and touted all preseason?

Is the "scrim" at the top of the stadium going to go back from burgundy to the FedEx orange, purple, and green?

Seriously, you have to imagine that the whole "not going to let as many tickets into brokers hands" that Lafemina implemented was a contributing factor behind the increased amount of empty seats in the club and upper levels this season. The casual fan (of which there are many) go to Stubhub to get seats, but there is a certain price point they are not going to cross (such as paying what the Redskins are asking for upper deck seats on Stubhub), and thus large numbers who might have attended previously did not bite.  I think this phenomena even surprised Lafemina, judging by what he said in an interview with Hoffman earlier this season. But I bet seeing all those empty seats pissed Dan off.

Welp... this pretty much means Bruce is in it for the long haul.  What small part of me thought maybe Dan would have seen the empty stadium and terrible TV numbers, and would have made a move is gone.  I don't know how much more of this I can take.  I have no faith that this team will get pointed in the right direction.  

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Any chance this is a precursor to a complete overhaul? Snyder has Allen fire everyone then fires him himself? 

I was just thinking of that possibility, and that would be the only thing that would save the Redskins from reaching rock bottom.  A complete overhaul that includes Bruce being fired can be a good thing.  Letting Bruce stay while everyone else around him is let go is an absolute disaster.

As boss Hogg said, I hope our current state does not chase Schaeffer or smith away, but I wouldn't be surprised if they jumped at the first offer that came their way.  Even for a lateral move as far as title involving a pay cut, a better organization has to be much more appealing than where we are at.  And that will set us back even farther.

1 minute ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Snyder must have all his employees sign an NDA. 

I'm surprised by the lack of backlash and whistleblowing from former employees, regarding the ineptitude and toxicity of this organization.

Thats called character.... fulfill your commitment, and when a new opportunity comes up you take it.  Throwing poo gets you nothing but noticed for all the wrong reasons. 

1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

This is the closest in my 30 yrs of existence I’ve ever been to giving up completely on the Redskins.  I’m not sure what I’d do after but enough is enough. Incompetent is one but deliberately destructive is another.

I'm feeling the same way myself buddy.  

Just now, BurgundyBooger said:

Snyder must have all his employees sign an NDA. 

I'm surprised by the lack of backlash and whistleblowing from former employees, regarding the ineptitude and toxicity of this organization.

Follow Gary Fitzgerald on twitter. He worked for Dan from 2002-2010. His story about Dan giving everyone a box of apples as a Christmas bonus is rich. 

@GaryRFitzgerald

3 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

It gets worse

Hoffman who broke the story danced around the same point -- he said he hasn't talked to Lafemina today but from past conversations and poking around;

Lafemina was a Dan thing, not a Bruce hire

Lafemina's world view of the Redskins' image and how to fix it differed from Bruce

The Reuben Foster signing wasn't well received by Lafemina and crew, caused tension -- turning point in the relationship

Bruce didn't like that fans saw Lafemina as a savior

29 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

This is the closest in my 30 yrs of existence I’ve ever been to giving up completely on the Redskins.  I’m not sure what I’d do after but enough is enough. Incompetent is one but deliberately destructive is another.

I’m right there with you brother. I feel absolutely hopeless about this team. It’s infuriating reading the moves this team has made. 

Everytime this stuff happens, I have no idea why it’s shocking.  Everytime I think they can’t go any lower, they do.    It really feels like Dan was planted here to ruin our fandom.  

Man, it feels like only yesterday folks we’re coming out of the woodwork to tell me how my hatred for Bruce Allen is unwarranted and prevents me from seeing the greatness taking place before my very eyes.

Perhaps one day it will finally sink in to the few left, that Bruce Allen and Dan are everything terrible they’ve ever ever been called and then some.

Archived