Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Pink Panthers

TK

10 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:
  •  

Exactly and that's why (as frustrating as Gruden can be) I'm so in favor of keeping a mediocre to good hc in place, because it keeps a system in place and we can then have players for the most part who are not learning on the fly like most teams. 

Not to mention going 500 with this owner and front office might mean Jay is the best coach in the NFL. Ha.

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

And you declaring/implying the team is **** because of who they played

I said they’re mediocre, and it’s because of how we’ve played. It’s obvious.

you all with your dumb record 3-2 argument was only why I mentioned who we’ve played. 

The thing about the defense, IMO, is that it seems so often that any stops we get are due to turnovers or the other team making mistakes.  

Compare it to last year where we would blow up screen passes, get big sacks, bat balls at the line and defense passes.  

On the bright side, we’re getting better play from our DTs and are a bit better vs the run because of it... but we also get gashed on the ground and offenses haven’t really committed to the run as much as I’d expect.  

As for the O, Smith waits too long.  Besides the deeper passes to Vernon Davis, our receivers aren’t getting YAC as a result.  I used to think it was mostly an issue of poor talent on the outside, but I’ve changed my tune.  Don’t get me wrong, we are lacking talent on the outside, but it no longer seems like the number one issue there.  

To be fair, the Oline gives up too much interior pressure, but still Smith has to get more comfortable with the scheme, and not hesitate (and pump the ball) so much... especially with his slower/longer release.  How many times did we see him squeeze it in to Quick, Doctson, Harris and Reed today - the plays where you don’t know if they caught it until they held up the ball.  He’s lacking the anticipation, and all I can hope is that we see improvement here with more time in the system... cause we aren’t going to suddenly ‘find’ a receiver that gets wide open (especially with any consistency).  

18 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Not to mention going 500 with this owner and front office might mean Jay is the best coach in the NFL. Ha.

I hate to admit it, but yeah. We know how Dan is without Bruce and Jay. With those two at least we're not in fear of the 6 win seasons, so I'm cautiously optimistic that we're at least mediocre and that the longer we can keep Jay, the longer we can prove that some resemblance of normal is what is needed here. I have my own gripes with Gruden and that last Carolina drive, as well as our drives stalling at around the 40, but we're growing in week 6 and it's easier to grow off a win than a loss. 

We did have two penalties that weren't that key to the play that cost us yardage.  And the intentional grounding was very questionable.  Yeah there was no one around, but could Smith be expected to complete his throwing motion with a guy knocking him down.  That probably cost us at least a field goal

If Scherff hadn't been able to stick it out, what's more likely Dunn at RG or Nsekhe at LG with Roullier moving to RG? (Since I doubt Ty has ever practiced there)

25 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Here’s an interesting fact: opponents have only scored more than 21 points against us ONCE. And more than 17 points against us ONCE. The other games, we’ve held teams to less than 20. :) 

In previous years, we had a potent offense.  Now, when we keep people off the scoreboard, we have an offense where we wonder how we're gonna score every week.  

If they ranked teams by halves, we'd probably be the Buffalo Bills of 2nd halves. OK, good enough to kick FG's, but against a team with a decent offense catching up... lethargic. I started to notice that in the 2nd quarter and was a little bit worried. Thank goodness our D held on to stop them on their last drive. I was so glad they finally got a W against Rivera. 

Anyways, loved this commercial...

45 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Agree with this.  I am always going to enjoy a win.  I thought the defense was good.  Adrian Peterson wow -- he's by a mile by man crush this season.

13 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Our team is basically the same as same as the cowboys. Same exact weakness and strengths on the field apart from TEs. Its kinda scary 

Their front 7 might be better than ours.   I like our young d lineman but their front 4 bring pressure.  And i think their MLBs are better than ours.  Should be an interesting match up.  Sadly the Cowboys have owned us in recent years.  The narrative from the Indy media is that their defensive coordinator who was from Dallas used the Dallas formula to beat Jay's offenses which is a variation of play cover 2, rush just 4 but stunt like crazy.  Should be an interesting game.  If they win it -- huge win.  It would be 2 in a row and beating Dallas for a change. 

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree with this.  I am always going to enjoy a win.  I thought the defense was good.  Adrian Peterson wow -- he's by a mile by man crush this season.

Their front 7 might be better than ours.   I like our young d lineman but their front 4 bring pressure.  And i think their MLBs are better than ours.  Should be an interesting match up.  Sadly the Cowboys have owned us in recent years.  The narrative from the Indy media is that their defensive coordinator who was from Dallas used the Dallas formula to beat Jay's offenses which is a variation of play cover 2, rush just 4 but stunt like crazy.  Should be an interesting game.  If they win it -- huge win.  It would be 2 in a row and beating Dallas for a change. 

well, we've had two bad games against that to adapt for the rest of the season

we lsot bad to them last year, but we were within one score the year before and we swept them the year before that.  So a Gruden offense can beat them

7 minutes ago, carex said:

well, we've had two bad games against that to adapt for the rest of the season

we lsot bad to them last year, but we were within one score the year before and we swept them the year before that.  So a Gruden offense can beat them

Not saying we can't beat them.   They have bullied around though in recent seasons.  Heck even in 2015 when we won the division they beat us once with a backup QB.  Time to set this right.  And after Dallas' thrashing after Jax.  Feels like a nice set up for vindication.

Archived