Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Pink Panthers

TK

15 minutes ago, tshile said:

You don’t have to control who you play to understand what a record does and doesn’t say about a team 

To quote Bill Parcels - You are what your record says - We are 3-2. You want to make this like well - they are 3-2 and but they really just suck. Maybe. But right now - the team is 3-2.  Period.  Qualifiers are just to support some kind of narrative. It would be the same if someone was saying this is a sure fire SB team at 3-2 because they have a few weak games coming up and just beat Carolina.

If you want to evenly dissect the record - they are 2-1 against bad teams and 1-1 against teams with winning records. And since we want to over analyze - Colts are the only team that had a losing record when we played them. AZ and GB were at .500. NO and Panthers had winning records. Last two teams are 7-3 combined. We are 1-1.

I will try to enjoy this win with the facts that we are 3-2 and in first place in the division after six weeks.  There are also three winnable games coming up and we should have Crowder/CT back.  I think the goal is to at least make the playoffs and see what happens from there.

18 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

I think the argument can be summed up like this:

Two paths to the same result. Kirk can throw for 5000 yards and 50 tds, and we still stumble to 6-10 to 8-8.

Alex can bumble to 120 ypg and the result will be the same. 6-10 to 8-8.

This is indicative of a larger problem to me.

The defenses they played with seems to be the obvious difference though.  The defenses in Kirk's tenure were 28th, 28th, and 21st.  That's asking a lot for a QB to overcome that every week. See Drew Brees and the Saints being 7-9 three years in a row.  

The defense Alex Smith has at his back is at pretty respectable. Fifth going into today and the Saints game is an outlier so far.  

We basically gained a defense, lost some QB play.  Before we had the QB play, didnt have the defense. The larger problem is we havent been able to have both things at the same time.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I'm just continuing to evaluate the acquisition each week, as we'll continue to do until he's no longer a Redskin. Obviously I hope he improves in the offense, but early returns on that trade and the reasoning for it...are not playing out well. 

That's understandable, but we are 3-2 after a tough stretch of our schedule. But just like you don't grade a draft pick  after 4 games don't grade the trade yet either. It's ok if you're continuously evaluating, but allow for him to improve is all I'm saying

Hail yeah!

nice tough win. Offense, defense and special teams contributed. 

Tough win vs a tough team who we never beat. 

Car lb Davis is a stud in coverage. Keuchly is not unless his assignment was to release guys short and not follow them down field.

hopkins w a 56 yarder.

fuenchess has hands. 

Alex was getting into somewhat of a comfort w guys, still double clutching a bit to much.

ap is a stud. Treat watching him. 

Big game norman. Dunbar looked solid. Reed got targeted. 

Lots of effort and focus.

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

We ****ing won man!!

I swear, this place after a victory is just as bad as after a loss because we get all the we shouldn't have won, or we would have won better if, and this won't help our draft stuff. 

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Cannot believe I am so pissed after a win!  Just tired of not being able to enjoy the games. I fully expected the final score to be 24-23. Dreaded every play. When they won it was not joy. It was relief. They make it very hard to enjoy being a Redskins fan, even when they win. 

WHo here really think they will beat dallast next week? They come off what should be a big win against Carolina. dallast is a mostly **** team. Eagles paly panthers next week. Skins could take charge of this division. How many of us expect a totally flat performance? 

Please!! Please surprise me!! Win the next two and get to 6-2! It's right there for you! 

Now you've got 6 days to enjoy it before the next nail biter 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

That is the shallowist analysis of a football team one can give. 

If that’s where you want to swim that’s fine. 

It’s actually deep, covers a lot. 

Plus ... if trying to decide how to measure a teams success I’d go with 3-2 record vs subjective fan opinion on why we really aren’t a 3-2 team 

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Quit being a Debbie Downer T. If you can't accept that this team stacks up with the 91 Skins, you are a poophead ?

Listening to extremist arguments causes me to have flashbacks to listening to my wife

:)

Just now, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

It’s actually deep, covers a lot. 

Plus ... if trying to decide how to measure a teams success I’d go with 3-2 record vs subjective fan opinion on why we really aren’t a 3-2 team 

Who said we aren’t really a 3-2 team?

:rofl89: @ deep

Just now, tshile said:

That is the shallowist analysis of a football team one can give. 

If that’s where you want to swim that’s fine. 

Hmm... I guess you decided to ignore the 100% data driven dissection of the actual record to show - guess what - the "shallow" analysis was spot on. We are a just above average team that had beaten more bad than lost to and are .500 against teams with winning records.

43 minutes ago, carex said:

we contributed to those records you know.  We've beaten a 3 win a 2 win and a 1 win team. 

Redskins 24 Cardinals 6 

Cardinals are now 1-5 and are actually more competitive than they were in Week 1 since replacing Bradford with Rosen. Were up 21-0 at halftime meaning you were outscored 6-3 in the 2nd half by a bad team.

Colts 21 Redskins 9

The Colts are 1-5 and we played them with a lesser version of Andrew Luck, and they have a 23rd ranked defense now. Bad performance for offense moreso than defense.

Redskins 31 Packers 17

The Packers are only a good team with Rodgers on the field and he wasn't 100 percent, they're 2-2-1, although they do have the 4th ranked defense in YPG but are 18th in PPG. At least they played the whole game.

Saints 43 Redskins 19

Great way to come out of a bye, on MNF no less. Saints are good but they started messy. Was 26-13 at halftime. Did squat in 2nd half. Sounds like a common theme.

Redskins 23 Panthers 17

Yeah nice bounceback but up 17-0 then outscored 17-6 by a team that isn't truthfully as good as everyone says they are.

Lets see how they play against the new look Dallas Cowboys. I'd like to think they may put something together down the stretch as this team isn't awful, defense is performing better than recent years and if they can get everyone involved on offense (Chris Thompson is leading receiver despite not playing today and is only player with more than 20 catches and at least 200 yards), this team would actually be pretty dynamic, although I'll say i don't think the defense is THAT good, just much better than years prior.

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

The way people describe the Skins is how 85 percent of the league plays.

A few consistent great teams, some real bad teams, and then everyone else

Exactly and that's why (as frustrating as Gruden can be) I'm so in favor of keeping a mediocre to good hc in place, because it keeps a system in place and we can then have players for the most part who are not learning on the fly like most teams. 

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Hmm... I guess you decided to ignore the 100% data driven dissection of the actual record to show - guess what - the "shallow" analysis was spot on. We are a just above average team that had beaten more bad than lost to and are .500 against teams with winning records.

Jim Zorn started a season 6-2

that team sucked

your point is absolutely aweful

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Jim Zorn started a season 6-2

that team sucked

your point is absolutely aweful

You are either slow are being purposefully obtuse. I made no claims to the future of this team. I simply and very purposefully only pointed out that the record is what it is. And you declaring/implying the team is **** because of who they played is just as ridiculous as someone claiming the team is anything but a just above team that is currently 3-2 and in 1st place.

I am sorry that facts bother you. My point is not only not awful it's 100% accurate. Not doing this any more. You clearly just want to complain. So have it.  

1 minute ago, mike42 said:

Ouch, you'd think we lost today after reading some comments. It wasn't a perfect victory and we almost blew it, but it seems common for NFL teams to win in that way.

i was born to nitpick but hey if they get to 13-3 with nothing but ugly football i honestly would enjoy it lmao

13 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Quit being a Debbie Downer T. If you can't accept that this team stacks up with the 91 Skins, you are a poophead ?

That's an absolutely ridiculous statement. Find anyone here that is claiming this team is the 91' Skins. Certainly not me. If you read the back and forth, they made a comment that basically the team is **** because they have not really beaten anyone. I simply made the point that is factually inaccurate and proved it with facts.

Archived