Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Pink Panthers

TK

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

This statement to me to thinking - just where are both of these guys. After looking at the data I think both statements above are true (I thought that going in. Just wanted to see if the data confirmed or denied). But to add what I see as the rest of the story: 

Their career pre-game averages are almost identical. However, in fairness, Dak had an amazing 1st season where Alex was on some really bad 49er teams to start. So to get to those numbers Dak has gotten worse since the start. Alex on the other hand has gotten better. To test that you would have to compare last year for both players. That would not be fair to Dak since Alex had a career year - which is looking to be as much an outlier as Dak's first season. There is still plenty of time for Alex - but so far his production is not where it was last year. 

Anyway - here is the data. Kind of interesting.

image.thumb.png.ff143587366095298a7645bd52fd2c5d.png

Alex also had Andy Reid.

Dax has had Jason Garret.

That has to count for something. And even with Reid, he really just had one pretty good year. Now he's with Gruden, and I think we'll see Smith struggle, especially if we don't incorporate more RPO stuff for him.

Archived