Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins VS Pink Panthers

TK

yeah ive paid attention to Cousins in Minny and he isn't much different, the team he is on is much better. I think his 1-2 combo of Diggs/Thielen is honestly better than Garcon/Jackson and i find Kyle Rudolph and Jordan Reed arent much different. Also helps having latavius murray and dalvin cook in the backfield, which im pretty sure Kirk NEVER had a true threat in the backfield and im not counting Chris Thompson because he's more of a gadget player than an everydown back and hes been hurt more often than not since he was drafted.

13 minutes ago, Xameil said:

And his record here was what? The way you delusionals talk we won the super bowl when he was here and was the second coming of christ. Alot of his yards were garbage yards...sheesh

I think the argument can be summed up like this:

Two paths to the same result. Kirk can throw for 5000 yards and 50 tds, and we still stumble to 6-10 to 8-8.

Alex can bumble to 120 ypg and the result will be the same. 6-10 to 8-8.

This is indicative of a larger problem to me.

Just now, thamajinforte said:

yeah ive paid attention to Cousins in Minny and he isn't much different, the team he is on is much better. I think his 1-2 combo of Diggs/Thielen is honestly better than Garcon/Jackson and i find Kyle Rudolph and Jordan Reed arent much different. Also helps having latavius murray and dalvin cook in the backfield, which im pretty sure Kirk NEVER had a true threat in the backfield and im not counting Chris Thompson because he's more of a gadget player than an everydown back and hes been hurt more often than not since he was drafted.

This...definitely this is what I've been saying

Just now, crabbypatty said:

I think the argument can be summed up like this:

Two paths to the same result. Kirk can throw for 5000 yards and 50 tds, and we still stumble to 6-10 to 8-8.

Alex can bumble to 120 ypg and the result will be the same. 6-10 to 8-8.

This is indicative of a larger problem to me.

Totally agree

I read one ****ing page here after the win, and I want to puke!

The ****ing in here is abominable. The Skins beat a team many pundits thought was a SB contender. They ****ing won! I don’t care how it happened, in the NFL a win is a win. The Bills Drug the Vikings for goodness sake...you take this win and walk on.

I get it, we’re all a bit jaded from the past 19 years of Snyder, but nit picking everything in a Redskins win is not the new hipster thing.

Jay made some bad calls, Alex was meh, I get it, but the D stepped up, and AP looks youthful again. Sit back, take a sip or two, blow out a deep breath, and enjoy 1st place in the NFC East for goodness sake!

35 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You cannot control who you play. So that's a moot point. The record is 3-2 - not 3-2 with an asterisk. 

You don’t have to control who you play to understand what a record does and doesn’t say about a team 

1 minute ago, Long n Left said:

The ****ing in here is abominable. The Skins beat a team many pundits thought was a SB contender. They ****ing won! I don’t care how it happened, in the NFL a win is a win. The Bills Drug the Vikings for goodness sake...you take this win and walk on.

I get it, we’re all a bit jaded from the past 19 years of Snyder, but nit picking everything in a Redskins win is not the new hipster thing.

Jay made some bad calls, Alex was meh, I get it, but the D stepped up, and AP looks youthful again. Sit back, take a sip or two, blow out a deep breath, and enjoy 1st place in the NFC East for goodness sake!

Yay...love this post

1 minute ago, Long n Left said:

people think Carolina is a super bowl contender? i dont think they're as good in real time as they look on paper 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

That’s fine

some of us do. 

You shoud ease a bit on it.

I know what you mean, but it's never gonna be perfect on any given sunday.

Otherwise, Dan T's weekly prediction of 74-3 would be true every sunday.

Acknowledge it's never gonna be perfect, and enjoy the win.

After all, we knew from the beginning that it won't be easy in any way.

5 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

**** on bro...it’s what you do best!

Youre getting bent out of shape about people calling a mediocre team mediocre

youre the one with the problem

3 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

You shoud ease a bit on it.

I know what you mean, but it's never gonna be perfect on any given sunday.

Otherwise, Dan T's weekly prediction of 74-3 would be true every sunday.

Acknowledge it's never gonna be perfect, and enjoy the win.

After all, we knew from the beginning that it won't be easy in any way.

I’m not asking for it to be perfect. I’m just calling it what it is. 

Its the ones that can’t handle not being being a raging homer that need to clue up a bit. 

27 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The teams we have played are a collective 11-15-1 and that’s only respectable thanks to the NO records who coincidentally blew us out of the water. The only thing that record shows is that we’re only maybe slightly marginally better than the worst teams in football.

we contributed to those records you know.  We've beaten a 3 win a 2 win and a 1 win team. 

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

Youre getting bent out of shape about people calling a mediocre team mediocre

youre the one with the problem

I’m not asking for it to be perfect. I’m just calling it what it is. 

Its the ones that can’t handle not being being a raging homer that need to clue up a bit. 

I'm the only raging homer on this board pal, unless you consider anyone who is more positive than you as one

5 minutes ago, carex said:

I'm the only raging homer on this board pal, unless you consider anyone who is more positive than you as one

No, I consider someone who gets bent out of shape because people see issues with the team when it wins to be one. 

I was all on board after the Arizona game. Then the rest of the season played out and it turns out (so far) Arizona sucks, and we’re mediocre

the problem, as I see it, is that the things that make us mediocre aren’t fixable this season. I was on board with bringing in smith, he’s disappointing me. 

9 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

we've been 3-2 the past two years, Neither resulted in anything. Sorry if I'm not losing my mind.

There are certainly 3-2’s that would warrant going nuts over and being excited about

how anyone does that with this 3-2 is beyond me. A good team, based on who we played, is 4-1 with a decent loss to NO, blowing out a Carolina team that played like they did today. 

That’s not even close to what our 3-2 is. 

Archived