Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

If there was ever a Redskins team in recent history that "deserved" the indulgence and risk of a trade deadline deal for a weapon on offense, it's this one. 

Yea the WR position is definitely what everything is contingent upon.

I wonder if there's any chance Simmie Cobbs develops fast enough on the PS to become active this season.

15 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He may have had a point about them vacationing in the Bahamas after the huge JAX win.

Somebody here said last week that they'd much rather play them after a big win like JAX, than after a huge loss, and have them come here desperate.

I was telling a buddy of mine about an hour ago, that I'm glad Dallas didn't bring that same intensity they had against Jax last week.  Perfect timing for us and our confidence as well.

People are so busy wringing their hands about the passing game......and the concerns are certainly not unfounded...……..but lets give credit to the Cowboys defense as well. They've been playing solid all season, even on the road. Its their offense which has struggled on the road and seems to be more comfortable in Jerry World. Dallas got to play a Jacksonville team that might be one in the most disarray in the league. The Jags-Eagles game in London should be interesting this coming Sunday. 

I'm more concerned with the play of Smith. Frankly he doesn't look like he throws the ball particularly well, seems very tentative in his decision making and has been inaccurate for the most part. And running out of bounds near the end of the game to stop the clock when he clearly wasn't going to get the first down was idiotic. Real unimpressive start despite being 4 and 2 so far

I'm choosing to be an optimist. Alex didn't become a bum overnight. I have to think that the offense is still in "extended preseason" mode. They're not going to magically turn into the Greateat Show on Turf, but I believe the passing game can improve as the season goes on.

What I need to see is more consistency of effort and preparation from week to week. Nine ugly wins probably takes the division, and the Skins could be that team, if they show up every week.

All I got to say is please God don't let anything happen to our 3 Studs on the DL.  They will get better and better if they remain healthy as the season goes on.  In fact please no injuries to the D because our O with the game manager Smith at the helm look anemic at best.  We got very lucky that AP fell in our lap and the dude is still such a stud, and we got lucky that Allen and Payne fell to us and we drafted them.  Gruden has to be more assertive with Alex man, he has to talk to him and say dude, seriously we are trying to ice the game and you go out of bounds? And I agree with another poster, figure out what plays he is very comfortable with (if any) and use them in pressure situations.  This division is lousy enough where a 9-7 takes it.  I know we can't expect much in the playoffs but at least we gain experience.

Hardfought team win at home against Dallas, and still there is a chorus of tears and pearl clutching. 

So typical ES postings....

You'd almost think some people have never seen a divisional game.

Are we "there" yet? Not even remotely.

But I will take this, especially knowing that this late surge, almost gonna OOOOOoooh he hits the upright kinda result stuck a rusty blade in Boys fans everywhere.

6 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Hardfought team win at home against Dallas, and still there is a chorus of tears and pearl clutching

So typical ES postings....

You'd almost think some people have never seen a divisional game.

Are we "there" yet? Not even remotely.

But I will take this, especially knowing that this late surge, almost gonna OOOOOoooh he hits the upright kinda result stuck a rusty blade in Boys fans everywhere.

Although I'm new in post count I'v been a long time lurker here, I think they just want people to engage them so they can have a argument, better to ignore and let them wallow in their misery & anger. Don't get me wrong when the team loses and plays like **** by all means lets talk about it but when we beat Dallas in a first place division game it should be a time to enjoy, If you cant enjoy beating your division rival and being in first place then why cheer for the team. The quest for team perfection or dynasty level play and building a team to dominate for the next 8 years IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN UNDER SNYDER, never. Enjoy what we have when we have it.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What I can’t grasp is why folks think you can’t enjoy a win and be critical at the same time?

I’d bet most everyone being critical was also jumping up and down in their house watching that kick doink off the uprights.

Yeah I'm pretty baffled by the impression that some have that any of us who still voice concerns over issues with the team after a win were somehow sitting on our couches yesterday looking like Eeyore and going "well, whatever, they still suck and I hate them and I hate life and I wish they'd lose" when we beat the Cowboys at home for the first time in forever. 

I was screaming out loud when that kick hit the upright. Probably scared my neighbors to death (live in a townhouse). That doesn't mean I can't still have concerns about their performance and what it could mean for the rest of the season.

I can't imagine how devastated the national talking heads must be.  Everyone at ESPN & NFL Network was probably ready to blow their loads to talk about the 1st place Cowboys last night.  How Dak "took over the game" in the 4th qtr, and came back from a 10 pt deficit on the road. 

Suck it, assholes.  Let's hear more about how the Dallas long-snapper does that with the ball every time.  :806:

6 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What I can’t grasp is why folks think you can’t enjoy a win and be critical at the same time?

I’d bet most everyone being critical was also jumping up and down in their house watching that kick doink off the uprights.

Talking about Smiths's inexplicable run out of bounds and Gruden's mind-boggling play calling is one thing.

Saying don't be too happy because we have a tough stretch of games coming up ...

Giants   1 - 5

Atlanta  2 -4

Tampa   3 -3

Houston  4 -3

Dallas   3 -4

... That's just being a pansy.

14 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Talking about Smiths's inexplicable run out of bounds and Gruden's mind-boggling play calling is one thing.

Saying don't be too happy because we have a tough stretch of games coming up ...

Giants   1 -6

Atlanta  2 -4

Tampa   3 -3

Houston  4 -3

Dallas   3 -4

... That's just being a pansy.

I missed that.  Not sure why anyone would think the stretch is tough from here on out.

Zoony (I believe) has a running theory that we have one of the dumbest fanbases in sports. Not in raw intelligence but in terms of football IQ and being huge suckers. The koolaid-blinded outcry against reasonable worry/criticism after that kind of win sure seems like evidence in that theory's favor. 

I was thrilled with the W and jumping off my couch for the missed FG like any other Skins fan. But the 34 year old franchise QB we traded for and paid big money sucks right now. Among other problems. 

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Zoony (I believe) has a running theory that we have one of the dumbest fanbases in sports. Not in raw intelligence but in terms of football IQ and being huge suckers. The koolaid-blinded outcry against reasonable worry/criticism after that kind of win sure seems like evidence in that theory's favor. 

I was thrilled with the W and jumping off my couch for the missed FG like any other Skins fan. But the 34 year old franchise QB we traded for and paid big money sucks right now. Among other problems. 

In a nutshell.

13 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I predict it will be 4-2 until next Sunday. Then it could be 5-2, 4-3, or 4-2-1.

You really wasn't lying when you said that you were a numbers guy.  Although admit it, you used some sort of advanced what-if analysis software to come up with these predictions. :silly:

6 minutes ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

if it wasn't for this thread you'd think we are in last place. 

Fan base is in a sad state. 

... or maybe its just this message board. 

It’s the message board, places like this, just like twitter, are a magnet for negative Nancy’s.  

Talking with fans fans at the game, everyone was super excited and happy the Skins won.  

Just now, Bigmuss1 said:

It’s the message board, places like this, just like twitter, are a magnet for negative Nancy’s.  

Talking with fans fans at the game, everyone was super excited and happy the Skins won.  

Very good point. Why do I like Twitter and message boards so much ... ugghhhh. 

20 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Have you watched GB this year? The Panthers I will give you, but Dallas and GB aren't good teams. 

They're over .500 and have put up points in every game except against us. And we beat them by double digits.

The Cowboys have a top 5 D and if they beat us would have been over .500.

At the end of the day, you play who you play. We can't control the schedule.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

They're over .500 and have put up points in every game except against us. And we beat them by double digits.

The Cowboys have a top 5 D and if they beat us would have been over .500.

At the end of the day, you play who you play. We can't control the schedule.

We're a good team beating good teams and not in fluky was like the RG3 season. We're lining up straight across and smashing people in the mouth. We've got our strengths and we've got our weaknesses, but for once we've been able to use our strengths to dominate enough, that it can cover our weaknesses up. That hasn't happened in a very long time.

We just dominated a top 5 O and D line with our own. That's incredible. 

Archived