Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

4 hours ago, Chew said:

I can't imagine how devastated the national talking heads must be.  Everyone at ESPN & NFL Network was probably ready to blow their loads to talk about the 1st place Cowboys last night.  How Dak "took over the game" in the 4th qtr, and came back from a 10 pt deficit on the road. 

Suck it, assholes.  Let's hear more about how the Dallas long-snapper does that with the ball every time.  :806:

Dude, I still remember Dak's rookie year when I watched some of those ****knuckles talking about how much like Tom Brady Dak was. No joke. With completely straight faces. Even though he's pretty much the complete opposite and it was obvious even back then to anyone who managed to disentangle their face from his jock strap for more than a second and watch. Can't remember exactly who it was but I was like "lol wut?"

21 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

We're a good team beating good teams and not in fluky was like the RG3 season. We're lining up straight across and smashing people in the mouth. We've got our strengths and we've got our weaknesses, but for once we've been able to use our strengths to dominate enough, that it can cover our weaknesses up. That hasn't happened in a very long time.

We just dominated a top 5 O and D line with our own. That's incredible. 

I'd say at this point we're a decent team that has beaten a few other decent teams, and got absolutely obliterated by an excellent team.

Just now, mistertim said:

I'd say at this point we're a decent team that has beaten a few other decent teams, and got absolutely obliterated by an excellent team.

Split whatever hair tickles your ass, good. Decent. Whatever. We're 4-2 and just starting to hit stride. There's a lot of football left. 

How would you rank the NFC? Rams and Saints are clearly the top 2, but we're in the mix with the rest.

Be interesting to play the Vikings in the playoffs. 

We’re 4-2 and missing 2 of our best wide receivers of a below average unit, our best playmaking 3rd down back and people are complaining that we don’t look like an offensive juggernaut. 

Dont drink the kool aid but for goodness sakes drink some lemonade. 

All over media people are complaining about the call on the FG saying it wasnt a flag. The problem is, they are all looking at a clip of the play that cuts off before the flag was actually thrown. They are seeing him move the ball around with his one hand and thinking that was where the flag came along when it wasnt. The flag was thrown when the LS had two hands on the ball, set, and then tilted the ball suddenly forward. So frustrating.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

We’re 4-2 and missing 2 of our best wide receivers of a below average unit, our best playmaking 3rd down back and people are complaining that we don’t look like an offensive juggernaut. 

Dont drink the kool aid but for goodness sakes drink some lemonade. 

But, we don’t throw to those WR’s much anyway and that 3rd down back is always hurt. 

If our best best offensive players aren’t generally available, then we will continue to have these problems. 

Ill take 4-2, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see us miss the playoffs at 9-7 or 8-8.

amd even if we do make the playoffs, we are starting a 34 year old QB, who hasn’t been playing well, and we don’t even have a developmental QB on the roster. 

There isnt a ton of reason to be ipbeat about the future right now. 

Stupid trade by the Cowboys in my opinion, Ithink Cooper will disappoint the same way past WR trades have for Dallas.

However, for all the Redskins fans who think that this team can't compete in the playoffs due to Alex Smith... It is interesting that the Raiders are in full rebuild mode.  Even hearing they will move on from Derek Carr.  So, it is possible that a franchise QB will be available if the Redskins wanted to take a shot.

I would looove to fee differently. I’ve been a fan since I was a child, but since   Snyder, the management of the team has led many of us to feel this way. 

In any case, we need a QB, or we are like every other team with a good defense and no QB. Not very exciting to be a Jags fan. 

I was upset about Smith’s age before the signing, but otherwise upbeat. We are 26th or worse in passing yards, total yards, and scoring, and the ground game has looked good. 

35 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow. Gruden hauling in those 1st round picks for the draft. 3 so far and counting.

He'll need them. That roster sucks.

The pokes giving up a first for a medicore WR makes me happy though, and also will be a cap liability next year. Carlos Rodgers has better hands than Cooper.

3 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Have you watched GB this year? The Panthers I will give you, but Dallas and GB aren't good teams. 

Thats why I'm enjoying the wins, but I still have small concerns.  We may brag on beating the Packers but our fanbase is intelligent enough to know we were fortunate to have faced a struggling team with a gimpy A-Rod.  Panthers was a solid team I was proud we beat and the Cowboys win was rewarding because of AD and our defense.  I didn't mind the ref love at the end either....

Now beating the Cardinals...  Well the Cards are horrible so that is nothing to get overjoyed about and when we destroy the Giants, I will feel the same as when we beat the Cards.  That's just something we're supposed to do to teams like that.  Let's keep rolling!!!

8 minutes ago, Redd said:

We better beat the Giants.  Games don't get any easier than that.  Let's keep this lead instead of hoping everyone in our division loses.

Our Achilles heal this season has been teams with a stud QB (Luck & Brees) Manning's stud days are over. As long as we stick to the gameplan of pounding the rock with AP to open up the play action to the tight ends and play solid defense we should handle the Giants with little problem.

2 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Our Achilles heal this season has been teams with a stud QB (Luck & Brees) Manning's stud days are over. As long as we stick to the gameplan of pounding the rock with AP to open up the play action to the tight ends and play solid defense we should handle the Giants with little problem.

basically. there is nobody to be scared of the rest of the way except for Ryan and Wentz.  Every other team is really 1 dimensional. 

I swear to Gahd I really just come here for the lulz anymore. I am completely onboard with legitimate reasoned criticism of the team 'cuz they give us plenty to work with but the teeth gnashing posts of "How dare you deny us our meltdowns" from the eternally negative don't qualify.

Some of my favorite posters here are some of the most incisive, deconstructing the franchise to try and explain what works and what doesn't, and I learn from them. The OhmyGodhowcanwedumpSmithnow crowd can just bite me.

5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Ugh Amari Cooper to the Cowboys. For their 1st. Wow

It's like we got to see them lose twice this week. Long live Jerry Jones.

3 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

the redskins are doing exactly what i want them to do.  Winning now and worrying about getting good later.  

That's basically been my point. We're finding our identity and building our momentum. 

Archived