Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

23 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Everyone is already the discounting the division as weak which it very well could be, but the Skins can validate themselves with a good win on the road.  Don't be the same 'ol Skins

While we may lose tonight, it is going to be close.  I'd take the skins and the points in a heartbeat.

But like I said last week, I easily see us beating the panthers next week.  And the Cowboys scare nobody.  2-1 over the next 3 puts us in GREAT position.

5 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

While we may lose tonight, it is going to be close.  I'd take the skins and the points in a heartbeat.

But like I said last week, I easily see us beating the panthers next week.  And the Cowboys scare nobody.  2-1 over the next 3 puts us in GREAT position.

Well i hope you didn't bet.

And I'd definitely check Cam/Rivera lead teams versus the Skins.

7 hours ago, RansomthePasserby said:

Look at us all being so optimistic and hopeful 14 hours ago...

Ah, I miss those times...

At least you had the 14 hours ;)

Its a two team race in the east. Redskins and Eagles.

Dallas fans want to go 2-14 and get Garrett out of there.

New York well stinks.

Tough game to win, on the road. There are a few nfl games the opposing teams have no shot (Hurricane Katrina, 9-11 in New York). No way was the NFL going to let golden boy Drew, set the nfl record in a losing effort. Should still be in first after you beat Carolina then destroy Dallas.

1 minute ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

At least you had the 14 hours ;)

Its a two team race in the east. Redskins and Eagles.

Dallas fans want to go 2-14 and get Garrett out of there.

New York well stinks.

Tough game to win, on the road. Should still be in first after you beat Carolina then destroy Dallas.

I’ve seen the skins lose to the Cowboys in years they were awful.  Including the year the Cowboys finished 1-15.  To think a win over a division foe is a gimme for this team Is foolhardy.

1 minute ago, Csup said:

I’ve seen the skins lose to the Cowboys in years they were awful.  Including the year the Cowboys finished 1-15.  To think a win over a division foe is a gimme for this team Is foolhardy.

Those 1-15 years offenses of Dallas, look like the greatest show on turf compared to this suckfest 

If your defense can cover five wide, All curls, screens and Elliott off guard you blow us out. 

We get excited now when Prescott tops 150 passing yards. 

1 minute ago, hatchetwound said:

Still in first place.  Dallas will lose next Sunday as will Philly.  We can beat Carolina and will end next week with a nice cushion. 

Does anyone really thing we can beat Carolina? Really?

And I don't think the Giants are going to beat Philly.

2 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Still in first place.  Dallas will lose next Sunday as will Philly.  We can beat Carolina and will end next week with a nice cushion. 

I’m a positive poster here on this board, check my history......but you my friend are even making me scratch my head this morning.......I’m hoping it’s because I’m still embarrassed by last nites debacle, but I can’t seem to muster one positive word today.  Check with me tomorrow!!!

Just now, Morneblade said:

Does anyone really thing we can beat Carolina? Really?

And I don't think the Giants are going to beat Philly.

Carolina needed a 63 yard field goal to beat the Giants.  I'm not worried about them.

As for Giants-Eagles, Giants are at home, Philly's is in shambles.  No running game.  No secondary.  They replaced a guard with an even worse guard and Wentz is getting killed.  Giants win by 10.  Might be a shoot out.

2 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

I’m a positive poster here on this board, check my history......but you my friend are even making me scratch my head this morning.......I’m hoping it’s because I’m still embarrassed by last nites debacle, but I can’t seem to muster one positive word today.  Check with me tomorrow!!!

We never do well on MNF.  It's Sundays we do work.

3 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Carolina needed a 63 yard field goal to beat the Giants.  I'm not worried about them.

As for Giants-Eagles, Giants are at home, Philly's is in shambles.  No running game.  No secondary.  They replaced a guard with an even worse guard and Wentz is getting killed.  Giants win by 10.  Might be a shoot out.

We never do well on MNF.  It's Sundays we do work.

You need to stay our of Zoonys booze.

This team was 1-5 last year in the NFCE... I see no reason to expect that this team will improve much on that.  Other NFCE teams seem to play at a higher level when playing each other but not the Skins.

Seems like that is one thing that motivates other teams.  The Giants, Eagles and Cowboys all see a game against the Skins as a way to get back on track and a way to excite their fan base by beating a division rival.

Our "lead" won't exist after another week or two.

Redskins still lead the NFC East!!!

The game against the Panthers could have so easily been about missed opportunities, overly conservative defense preventing a win, and so many drives ending just shy of field goal range and a failure to complete the drive, but for now...

Hail to the Redskins! We have fifty percent more wins for the season that Sports Illustrated predicted!!! We are still in first place. It may be fool's gold and we may have more reasons to doubt this team than believe in them, but wheeeeeeeeewwwww!

The Panthers were 2nd and 5 with 45 seconds left with 2 TO's. They opted their 2nd and 3rd down plays towards the endzone instead of picking up the first. They then decided something like that on 4th. So, I would like to thank someone else for helping us stay on top of our division... Norv Turner.

2 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

The Panthers were 2nd and 5 with 45 seconds left with 2 TO's. They opted their 2nd and 3rd down plays towards the endzone instead of picking up the first. They then decided something like that on 4th. So, I would like to thank someone else for helping us stay on top of our division... Norv Turner.

Riverboat Ron also. 

As an interesting factoid, that was the first time the 'Skins have beaten Turner as a HC or coordinator since before he became the 'Skins HC in 1994.  They were 0-5 against him, I believe. 

It's true, though, Carolina really made some odd choices there at the end after walking down the field as calmly as a nice stroll through Rock Creak Park.

On 10/9/2018 at 9:44 AM, Idaho fan said:

This team was 1-5 last year in the NFCE... I see no reason to expect that this team will improve much on that.  Other NFCE teams seem to play at a higher level when playing each other but not the Skins.

Seems like that is one thing that motivates other teams.  The Giants, Eagles and Cowboys all see a game against the Skins as a way to get back on track and a way to excite their fan base by beating a division rival.

Our "lead" won't exist after another week or two.

Stop being so optimistic, your rose tinted glasses are getting in the way of reality.  Sheesh.....

1 hour ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Stop being so optimistic, your rose tinted glasses are getting in the way of reality.  Sheesh.....

Easier to feel a little optimisim after today.  I wrote that last Tuesday morning.  Why not quote me on Tuesday after getting embarrassed rather than today after a win???  That’s convenient eh?

my “glasses” aren’t getting in the way of anything. I’ll gladly eat crow after the Skins do better than 1-5 in the division and stand by my comments that our NFCE rivals seem to get up for these games better than the Skins do.  

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Easier to feel a little optimist after today.  I wrote that last Tuesday morning.  Why not quote me on Tuesday after getting embarrassed rather than today after a win???  That’s convenient eh?

my “glasses” aren’t getting in the way of anything. I’ll gladly eat crow after the Skins do better than 1-5 in the division and stand by my comments that our NFCE rivals seem to get up for these games better than the Skins do.  

Oh settle down!  Skins won!  Be happy! **** the rest of the NFCEast.  

It’s Dallas week!!  Time to shoot down some stars!!!

Just now, Bigmuss1 said:

Oh settle down!  Skins won!  Be happy! **** the rest of the NFCEast.  

It’s Dallas week!!  Time to shoot down some stars!!!

I am happy.  Happier than most.  Go read my post from 30 mins ago in the game thread. I seem to think the Skins played better today than most others around here.  

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Easier to feel a little optimisim after today.  I wrote that last Tuesday morning.  Why not quote me on Tuesday after getting embarrassed rather than today after a win???  That’s convenient eh?

Sports Illustrated predicted the Redskins would go 2-14 this year. We have already won 50 percent more games then we were supposed to!

13 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Riverboat Ron also. 

As an interesting factoid, that was the first time the 'Skins have beaten Turner as a HC or coordinator since before he became the 'Skins HC in 1994.  They were 0-5 against him, I believe. 

It's true, though, Carolina really made some odd choices there at the end after walking down the field as calmly as a nice stroll through Rock Creak Park.

Carolina got Norved...

Archived