Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@goskins10 i just looked up our record coming off a bye week, since you brought it up and I was curious. Under Gruden we’re 2-2 after the bye week. Lost the first two seasons (losing 27-7 to the Bucs in 2014, lost badly to the patriots in 2015, beat the Vikings 26-20 in 2016 and beat the 49ers 26-24 last year). 

So are you saying that two blow out losses and a win over a **** team is something we should be excited about?  Ninny was not exactly a good team in 2016 either. Just maybe not s total shot team like the 49ers last year.    That kind of performance is coming out of byes playing well?   I do not. I think 2 blow out and embarrassing loses and two **** games we get by with a win not coming out of byes well. 

Based on my comment i am not sure what your point is here unless you were confirming my position. If so, it was not evident. 

31 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So are you saying that two blow out losses and a win over a **** team is something we should be excited about?  Ninny was not exactly a good team in 2016 either. Just maybe not s total shot team like the 49ers last year.    That kind of performance is coming out of byes playing well?   I do not. I think 2 blow out and embarrassing loses and two **** games we get by with a win not coming out of byes well. 

Based on my comment i am not sure what your point is here unless you were confirming my position. If so, it was not evident. 

No i was basically referring to the whole “jays teams don’t do well coming off of a bye week” thing. 2-2 isn’t BAD. He’s gotta have done something right if the team is 2-0 after the bye week the previous two seasons :P 

plus i didnt know the exact record myself so that’s really the main reason why i decided to look it up and mention it :) 

30 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No i was basically referring to the whole “jays teams don’t do well coming off of a bye week” thing. 2-2 isn’t BAD. He’s gotta have done something right if the team is 2-0 after the bye week the previous two seasons :P 

plus i didnt know the exact record myself so that’s really the main reason why i decided to look it up and mention it :) 

Not trying to be ugly here, just tying to understand - I never said "bad". I said not well. That does not mean he has done nothing right. Not sure why you went there. In no part of what I said even implied he did nothing right. In fact I started with I am one of Jay's believers. 

And For me, 2 really bad, embarrassing losses, beating a team that started 5-0 only to lose 8 of 11, and then barely beating a team that did not win a game until week 10 is the definition of not playing well out of the byes. If you think that's "playing well", fair enough. But I just do not.

^yes, i get that you weren’t saying 2-2 is bad. But you said “they don’t do well coming off of a bye week”. If you have a 2-0 record the previous two years, in my opinion, they are doing pretty well ??‍♂️. I mean, they certainly haven’t lost those two games these past two seasons, so Gruden must be doing something right. Sure, they weren’t GREAT wins, but they were still wins, is all I’m saying.

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^yes, i get that you weren’t saying 2-2 is bad. But you said “they don’t do well coming off of a bye week”. If you have a 2-0 record the previous two years, in my opinion, they are doing pretty well ??‍♂️. I mean, they certainly haven’t lost those two games these past two seasons, so Gruden must be doing something right. Sure, they weren’t GREAT wins, but they were still wins, is all I’m saying.

Wow you must really see this as important. You posted it twice! Totally kidding. :cheers:

I don't think what they have done in 4 yrs - can't just parse it to what you want to make it look better - is playing well. I stand by that. Did they get the wins that last two years? Sure. But they were not playing well. The people they can thank most is the schedule maker.  

The redskins were 5-3-1 after that game in 2016, and 3-2 after the game against the 49ers last season. At the point both of those games happened, yeah i think they were playing pretty good football. The game in week 6 last year was pretty much the last game that most guys were healthy too, if i remember correctly. Went all downhill after that 

I don't know if we can (or should include them), but I also mentally count the first day of the year as the game after a "bye." After all, you can't get more prep time or rest time than that! I also would be interested at how many games we've lost after Thursday night games where our team has an extra half week's rest and an extra half week to plan.

I'm pretty surprised that we're .500 after the bye too. It felt much worse than that.

Eagles look wary and Cowboys are okay. Giants look really bad. 

If the Redskins want to make a statement they best go at least .500 or better against those teams. They all look vulnerable now, it's only a matter of whether the Redskins want to step up and separate themselves from the pack. 

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Eagles look wary and Cowboys are okay. Giants look really bad. 

If the Redskins want to make a statement they best go at least .500 or better against those teams. They all look vulnerable now, it's only a matter of whether the Redskins want to step up and separate themselves from the pack. 

Effective leadership from the head coach does a lot to set the tone. 

Do you think Gruden is up to the task?

To make Monday's game more interesting, Sunday's games can really go our way.  If they do, this team should realize that they need to step it up vs. the Saints:

Vikings in Philly.  Philly is at home and that crowd will be hype.  However, Minny is better than their record.  I fully believe they have a shot to beat Philly this week.  Cousins is familiar and plays well vs Philly.   Vikes have a bit of a revenge game here.  Eagles secondary hasn't been playing up to par.

Giants in Carolina.  Carolina really really really should win this one....

Dallas in Houston.  I'm torn.  I want to say the Texans can handle this one but they haven't been playing great and will Hopkins be healthy?

Perfect world, all 3 lose and the Skins win - we have an awesome lead for this early in the season.

On 10/2/2018 at 3:02 PM, bird_1972 said:

Effective leadership from the head coach does a lot to set the tone. 

Do you think Gruden is up to the task?

We'll see. I hope they come out swinging. Can't fall behind to those Saints. 

It is possible, see last year. I think this team can win this game, if their D is strong enough. 

@superozman i agree on all 3 of those games. The Texans did have their best game of the season last weekend to win in overtime, so maybe that gets their team on a winning streak which continues Sunday night? And i agree i dont see any way the panthers lose to the giants the way they (the giants) are currently playing. Eagles/Vikings could go either way. A perfect 0-3 for nfc east teams Sunday would have me soooo pumped for Monday’s game. 

39 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Giants lost due to a last second Graham Gano 63 (YES, SIXTY THREE) yarder.... Just the Eagles and Cowboys to lose now.

Traditionally Kirk has played pretty well against the Eagirls. Hasn't done much yet today but hopefully they pick it up. 

25 minutes ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

Ok, Texans, do your job tonight and take out the trash!

If that happens, we'll still be alone in first place, even if we lose to the Saints.

And I just have this feeling that that is going to happen tomorrow night.

I really want to win obviously. I just can't seem to get my hopes up, against this offense.

On 10/6/2018 at 12:17 AM, superozman said:

To make Monday's game more interesting, Sunday's games can really go our way.  If they do, this team should realize that they need to step it up vs. the Saints:

Vikings in Philly.  Philly is at home and that crowd will be hype.  However, Minny is better than their record.  I fully believe they have a shot to beat Philly this week.  Cousins is familiar and plays well vs Philly.   Vikes have a bit of a revenge game here.  Eagles secondary hasn't been playing up to par.

Giants in Carolina.  Carolina really really really should win this one....

Dallas in Houston.  I'm torn.  I want to say the Texans can handle this one but they haven't been playing great and will Hopkins be healthy?

Perfect world, all 3 lose and the Skins win - we have an awesome lead for this early in the season.

NY Lost.  PHI Lost.  If Dallas wins and Skins lose, then Dallas will have a full game lead in sole possession of the Division. 

Archived