Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I know I'm not the one who said it but I agree.

Think it depends on if they come out tough against Atlanta tomorrow night or surrender.  Like, if they get blown out and play us at 1-6, they are possibly gonna be having bench Eli chants with their season already over.  I mean, if we are going to finally have a sack party against anyone its gonna be them.

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

I'll take it, but- This has got to be the worst 4-2 team in the league. Without Adrian Peterson, we're 0-6. 

Grateful for first place so far.

You don't know for a fact that this is the worst 4-2 team in the league.  There are other fans for other teams just like you who see the gaps and holes in their respective teams because they watch every snap.  Just like you do for this team.  In fact, I'd disagree with you.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

4-2 is 4-2..... For now.

We currently only have one game against a team with a record over 500 left on the schedule (Texans), and thats four game from now at home.  For now is right, this is a rediculous opportunity sitting right in front of us despite our passing game being what it is right now.

I don't think we're necessarily the worst 4-2 team in the league but i'd feel better about it if we hadn't been so absolutely brutalized by NO. That to me could have been a statement game where if we had either won or at least kept it close we would have shown that we could go toe to toe with a legit SB contender and were truly a top notch team. And we absolutely got our asses handed to us on a platter. It was embarrassing; looked like a HS JV team playing a college team. 

With an extremely favorable schedule everything is in the Redskins hands at this point.  We know how the Redskins would normally react to this would be to lose the next couple games and 3 of 4 or something like that.  I feel the offense can only go up from here and hopefully the defense continues to play well.  Keep it up boys!

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We currently only have one game against a team with a record over 500 left on the schedule (Texans), and thats four game from now at home.  For now is right, this is a rediculous opportunity sitting right in front of us despite our passing game being what it is right now.

It's these games I worry about the most. That, and we are football Gohan, losing our fighting Saiyan spirit  in the second half.

I don't think we're a bad 4-2. Two of our wins are against the Packers and Panthers. We held the Packers to their season low point total of 17(they've scored 20+ every other game and came close to if not surpassing 30 a couple of times). We held the Panthers to 17, their season low was 16(Week 1 vs. the Cowboys). We dominated the Cardinals, okay they suck but still, did what we were supposed to.

We have a legit run game and a damn good D. That formula can usually win you 9-10 games in the NFL. We're not elite and if we did make the playoffs, we'd probably not win more than one game, but it sure as hell beats going 7-9 or worse.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Remember when the schedule was killer and there was no way we could win 8 games?  Like 7 weeks ago before the season.

Its really turned into not that bad of a schedule.

That's why I never play the schedule game. I mean hell even now, one of our losses was to the miserable Colts at home.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's these games I worry about the most. That, and we are football Gohan, losing our fighting Saiyan spirit  in the second half.

It is starting to look like an ugly win ugly lose type of team this year, at least until the passing game wakes up.  I was losing my mind after we went up 20-10 because I knew there was too much time and Dallas had three timeouts.  I knew it, I was screaming about it, we got lucky. 

When we went up a fan was telling me we got this.

saywha.gif.c61ca2034b221c3c253b6fab4714a115.gif

If that passing game ever does turn around...they got the talent, one day.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Covering bases with that post, lolz

I mean, @Mr. Sinisterkinda laid it up there for me...

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That's why I never play the schedule game. I mean hell even now, one of our losses was to the miserable Colts at home.

A game we probably shouldn’t have lost, at least not been dominated in...

We have a good old school type of football team, I think we're just not used to the way we are winning games because typically we don't win them this way.

The offense needs a coming to Jesus moment, the Giants have talent and there's no reason to think that game or any other game this year will be easy no matter how bad the other team's record is.

The Giants game is huge, to be 5-2 (2-0 in the Div) after 7 games, it's been a minute since that's happened.

How we got here makes no sense, all defense, and no offense.

What?

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Remember when the schedule was killer and there was no way we could win 8 games?  Like 7 weeks ago before the season.

Its really turned into not that bad of a schedule.

That happens every year, you never really know who's going to be good besides the usual suspects with HOF QB's and even they flounder at times.

From the 1991 postseason through 2018, the average number of returning teams is nearly 6.4 per season.

https://thecomeback.com/nfl/nfl-2018-playoffs-retain-four-teams-last-year-tied-since-1991.html

Archived