Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I predicted it would take 10 weeks for the passing game to come together.  

4 more weeks and we’ll see if I was right or overly optimistic. 

I think jay and alex should be locked in a room together and not allowed out until they've gone thru every game he's play and come out with at least 20-30 plays that works best for him.  He looks like just got dropped in jays lap, offense is not built around Alex at all.

I sat on side on skins side of stadium and kept seeing Reed taken off field. Either lock him in there with him or put Kelce on back of his jersey.  If you told me Reed would his current season total without missing a game, id think I was in the twilight zone.  Healthy Reed should be straight feeding on people souls, wtf?

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I think jay and alex should be locked in a room together and not allowed out until they've gone thru every game he's play and come out with at least 20-30 plays that works best for him.  He looks like just got dropped in jays lap, offense is not built around Alex at all.

As piss poor as Alex has played, I’d almost be more comfortable with him calling plays because he’d call Ines he’s comfortable with. 

I sat on side on skins side of stadium and kept seeing Reed taken off field. Either lock him in there with him or put Kelce on back of his jersey.  If you told me Reed would his current season total without missing a game, id think I was in the twilight zone.  Healthy Reed should be straight feeding on people souls, wtf?

Yeah, it’s like they’re afraid to use him or he’ll break.  But if you don’t use him, what’s the point of having him?

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Man, feels like a potential trap game for us. We always seem to come out flat against awful teams and inevitably play down to their level.

We arent good enough to have a trap game.  Trap games are for teams that feel good about how well they are playing.

31 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, it’s like they’re afraid to use him or he’ll break.  But if you don’t use him, what’s the point of having him?

On top of that, its obvious we are taking him out of run plays which makes it obvious its likely a pass, making us even more predictable.

On top of that, its obvious we are taking him out of run plays which makes it obvious its likely a pass, making us even more predictable.

MAYBE it’s time to figure out how not to make that a tell.  

Gruden gets caught up with packages smd scheme and forgets flow and strategy.

As nice as this is, it's fools gold. The offense keeps disappearing and we sit on every lead we get. 

The defense played great today, but to be fair Dallas really doesn't have much other than Zeke. So what I'm saying we're good enough to beat bad to average teams. 

The win over Dallas always feels good though.

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

As nice as this is it's fools gold. The offense keeps disappearing and we sit on every lead we get. 

The defense played great today, but to be fair Dallas really doesn't have much other than Zeke. So what I saying we're good enough to beat bad to average teams. 

GB, Carolina, and Dallas are 3 of our 4 wins.. 

I think it's safe to say we're a very flawed 4-2 team. It's back to back games where we're won w/ the QB not passing for 200 yards and completing like 30 passes in two weeks. That isn't a winning formula in the current NFL. Also this game started to feel very similar to New Orleans last year. If we had a better coach and QB we wouldn't be sweating games like this. 

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And we got 10 games to fix those flaws.

And btw, a lot of teams with winning records have some flaws, if you look at them as closely as the Skins.

True. I don't think we fix some of ours until we get a new QB.

Prior to last season, Smith always has put up pedestrian stats. But he has also been on winning teams, primarily those with solid defenses, that just haven't been able to go very far in the playoffs.

That's likely what we'd be faced with this season. So far I'm thrilled with our 4-2 record, but I don't think the Skins would prevail this season if they had to play either the Rams or the Vikings in the playoffs. 

13 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And we got 10 games to fix those flaws.

And btw, a lot of teams with winning records have some flaws, if you look at them as closely as the Skins.

Very true. Heck, look at the panthers. They couldn’t beat us last week, and got down 17-0 today until they made their comeback. They have flaws too at 4-2. 

Maybe what we need is next weekends game against the giants for our offense to gain some confidence 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Very true. Heck, look at the panthers. They couldn’t beat us last week, and got down 17-0 today until they made their comeback. They have flaws too at 4-2. 

Maybe what we need is next weekends game against the giants for our offense to gain some confidence 

The Giants will be the perfect tune up game after playing such an emotional game this weekend.  I'm expecting a blowout against NY.

If there was ever a Redskins team in recent history that "deserved" the indulgence and risk of a trade deadline deal for a weapon on offense, it's this one. 

We could have had guys like Marquise Goodwin, Taylor Gabriel, or John Brown for very little in FA in recent years. I'd call the Bengals about John Ross now that Tyler Boyd has broken out, maybe. I'd keep in touch with the Raiders about Cooper. I'd explore other options as well. 

I'd also look at FS help.

I'm usually against these types of moves because as a rational fan, I don't think we're one player away and I hate dealing draft picks. 

But it's do or die for Gruden. We dealt for and paid a 34 year old QB. Our defense is actually good. Our running game with AP is acceptable at worst, but as the season wears on and our other weapons scare no one I fear the running game gets bottled up. 

Add to that that we'll be getting a nice trove of compensatory picks for once...if there's ever been a time to deal some non-premium picks for talent to win now, it's this year. Even, again, acknowledging that I don't think it's our year. At some point you have to make moves. 

Wow, they broke the trend and they won 2 in a row. Always sweeter, when it's against Dallas.  Can it be 3 in a row?  Will the team crash and lose to the Giants?

This team is currently in 3rd place in the NFC.  If that holds and we win the division, we are looking at either the second place North or South team probably. Good chance it would be a rematch of someone we have played this year.

Despite are flaws and they are plenty, it's becoming clear; the division is ours for the taking.  Will Gruden take advantage and have this team in the playoffs? Or is more jeckelll and hyde football in store for us?

I honestly don't know what team will show up.  4-2 is nice but where does it go?

Archived