Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Big win I think culture wise.  This is the type of game they typically lose.

And in defense of those who are concerned.  I get it.  Eventually, you are going to have to pass the ball better.  We went up against three teams in a row who struggle to throw the ball or are just mediocre at it.  That's a good match up for us because we can get a way with a grind it out style.  But we are about to play some teams who can fling in Atlanta and oddly enough Tampa is putting up good yards in the passing game.  Will see how that will play out.

But in the meantime, I will enjoy this.  And the ball control style can work.  My fear is can it work against explosive offenses -- didn't seem to be the case against NO.  We are about to see next week as to Atlanta.  Defense looks for real.  And Peterson obviously is amazing. 

I've been worried the last three games in a row. I don't see that changing anytime soon. Still, we are seeing some patterns that maybe we can begin to feel good about.

34 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I've been worried the last three games in a row. I don't see that changing anytime soon. Still, we are seeing some patterns that maybe we can begin to feel good about.

Finlay I noticed just said the same thing I did. The next two weeks should be an interesting ride because they are playing two teams who can be explosive passing wise. The last three teams were about beating teams who have a similar formula..

None of that is about not enjoying this win and their standing.  I enjoy it a lot. 

43 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Yea it’s called a winning streak.  Winning 3 games in a row we used to always blow.  Start feeling good, man.  No sense in having losers mentality when we are dominating teams at the point of attack and winning games.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay I noticed just said the same thing I did. The next two weeks should be an interesting ride because they are playing two teams who can be explosive passing wise. The last three teams were about beating teams who have a similar formula..

None of that is about not enjoying this win and their standing.  I enjoy it a lot. 

Actually, the next 3 games really.  Falcons, Bucs and Texans can all put it up on you.  D. Watson is starting to get his feet under him a bit more.

If the 'Skins are to be serious contenders at the end of the year, they need to come out of the next 3 games at 2-1, to get to 7-3 going into the Thanksgiving day Dallas game.  That would guarantee they would still be in the lead of the division, since Philly and Dallas both have 4 losses already. 

If they get to 7-3, they can play .500 ball all the way home and most likely make the playoffs as a division winner at 10-6. 

Falcons at home might be the easiest of these three games, Texans might be the hardest.  It's also on the road. 

31 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Actually, the next 3 games really.  Falcons, Bucs and Texans can all put it up on you.  D. Watson is starting to get his feet under him a bit more.

If the 'Skins are to be serious contenders at the end of the year, they need to come out of the next 3 games at 2-1, to get to 7-3 going into the Thanksgiving day Dallas game.  That would guarantee they would still be in the lead of the division, since Philly and Dallas both have 4 losses already. 

If they get to 7-3, they can play .500 ball all the way home and most likely make the playoffs as a division winner at 10-6. 

Falcons at home might be the easiest of these three games, Texans might be the hardest.  It's also on the road. 

Good point about the Texans.  I am going to be at the Tampa game -- looking forward to it.  But the next run is a good test of this formula.  Because these upcoming teams have the potential to test the formula they've been winning with.  

We're gonna have to score points the next three weeks to win. Falcons and Bucs aren't great teams, but they can score, we ain't winning those games 13-10. The Texans appear to be legit and well rounded offense and defense, that's probably the toughest game on our schedule remaining outside of the division.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We're gonna have to score points the next three weeks to win. Falcons and Bucs aren't great teams, but they can score, we ain't winning those games 13-10. The Texans appear to be legit and well rounded offense and defense, that's probably the toughest game on our schedule remaining outside of the division.

Points? What are those? ?

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

We just won 3 straight must win games...kudos to Jay. One week at a time, we can do this. HTTR.

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Good point about the Texans.  I am going to be at the Tampa game -- looking forward to it.  But the next run is a good test of this formula.  Because these upcoming teams have the potential to test the formula they've been winning with.  

I'd be willing to bet a steak dinner than they can't win any of those 3 games unless they can score 24 points.  The defense is good, maybe trending to very good or great, but they're not '85 bears good or that Denver defense which won the SB when Peyton couldn't throw the ball 10 yards good. 

They can probably slow down all three offenses and keep them in the 20's, but if the offense can't keep pace the other team will start to pull away, and the games can get away from them.

I think the formula can continue to work: Run the ball, stop the run, win the turnover battle and time of possession.  However, they're going to have to also score points because the formula leaves a very low margin for error.

The only really explosive offense they have played this year (and I subtract GB because Rodgers just wasn't right) was New Orlean's and they got run out of the building because the offense couldn't keep up at all, and the defense had no margin for error. They made 2 or 3 errors, and the route was on. 

40 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Texans game at FedEx

My bad.  Texans is at home and Bucs is on the road.

Easy?  heck no!  Atlanta after their bye, is gonna be tough!  especially at home.  this team definitely needs to win that one.  Tampa, better hope winston plays instead of Fitz, cause he has blown out the skins in the past.  then you have the texans, after their bye, another energized team coming off a bye.  if they can win the next three, we will see.  this team can be good once they have better play calling on offense.

3 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Is our remaining schedule as easy as people say it is?  Because I don't want to have that as the excuse we'll have a winning record if it turns out that way. :(

Funny to hear people talk about strength of schedule before the season, because before the season we had one of the toughest schedules.

But that is totally based on the teams' record last year. But we aren't playing last year's teams. We're playing this year's version of those teams.

So, what began the season as one of the toughest schedules, has literally flip-flopped to the opposite.

8 minutes ago, ultravin said:

Easy?  heck no!  Atlanta after their bye, is gonna be tough!  especially at home.  this team definitely needs to win that one.  Tampa, better hope winston plays instead of Fitz, cause he has blown out the skins in the past.  then you have the texans, after their bye, another energized team coming off a bye.  if they can win the next three, we will see.  this team can be good once they have better play calling on offense.

Yea I agree with you.  The Texans and Atlanta are both pretty tough.  I was just going by some graphic I saw on NFL Network.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Have you gotten tickets yet? Wasn't sure if I should wait until after they lose next week. 

5 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

Have you gotten tickets yet? Wasn't sure if I should wait until after they lose next week. 

yeah I did.    Wonder if the Fitzpatrick thing energizes their fan base some even though they still lost today regardless.    I hope D. Jax is gone at that point though hopefully not to the Eagles.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

yeah I did.    Wonder if the Fitzpatrick thing energizes their fan base some even though they still lost today regardless.    I hope D. Jax is gone at that point though hopefully not to the Eagles.

He might. Best thing for us would be for him to play like Fitztragic again and we get Jameis in a couple weeks. 

49 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Is our remaining schedule as easy as people say it is?  Because I don't want to have that as the excuse we'll have a winning record if it turns out that way. :(

Saw a stat on Fox we have the easiest remaining schedule at least in the NFC maybe the NFL.. Opponent winning percentage is .391%

Call me overconfident but if you think for a second I’m scared of the Falcons coming into Fed Ex, I find that laughable.  Their defense is absolutely trash.  Peterson should be able to run all over them.  Sure, they have playmakers in the passing game but Devonte Freeman is hurt and our D hasn’t given up more than 61 yards to any single rusher yet.  At some point folks are going to have to realize greatness when they see it.

Archived