Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

When this first popped up, I was like "Great, way to jinx us 3 games into the season. Now we're ****ed and will probably finish in last place."

I'm starting to get just a tad more comfortable with it. It's hard though. I keep wincing every week, expecting the wheels to fall off.

Battered Fan Syndrome sucks.

7 hours ago, Morneblade said:

When this first popped up, I was like "Great, way to jinx us 3 games into the season. Now we're ****ed and will probably finish in last place."

I'm starting to get just a tad more comfortable with it. It's hard though. I keep wincing every week, expecting the wheels to fall off.

Battered Fan Syndrome sucks.

Be careful about calling out posters. :silly:

When I first started this thread, it was meant as a tongue and cheek joke thread. Sure, we were technically in first place, but c'mon!

Edit: Late to the party!

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The Rams, who are supposed to be perfect, have just allowed more points to the Saints, than we did.

Maybe our defense aint so bad, even against high octane offenses like Saints and Falcons.

One difference though..we don't have a offense that can match them scoring

Has anyone compared our schedule to Dallas and Philly ?

Ours is easy and theirs both are brutal.

We should be getting some receivers back very soon, like Crowder and Quinn, more-so. Those could be the guys the offense is lacking, and if our "new" line performs half decent, there's still a chance.

We went through this same O-Line injury thing last year, and it didn't keep us out of the race, until the last game, when we put ourselves out of the race. Yes, the Skins have major issues and challenges, but so do the other 2 teams rivaling us, and it's arguably about an equal degree of challenge for them to win the division.

Skins have : Bucs, Texans, JAX, TEN, 2 vs Philly, Dallas, NYG,

Philly : Saints, Rams, Texans, 2 vs Dallas & Skins, and NYG

Dallas : Falcons, Saints, Colts, Bucs, Skins, NYG, 2 vs Philly

Colts DC came from Dallas, so that gives them a boost

2nd half of the season will be very interesting for sure.

And very hard to predict. With their schedule, their problems, and their record, I think Dallas is out of it.

I think it's clearly between us and Philly. But they could easily lose 3 of their non-divisional games, at least.

We're not the only team has the past, present, and future threat of debilitating injuries.

Anything is possible.

Noone can say with any certainty what will happen. The only thing for certain is there is still plenty of hope.

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Has anyone compared our schedule to Dallas and Philly ?

Ours is easy and theirs both are brutal.

We should be getting some receivers back very soon, like Crowder and Quinn, more-so. Those could be the guys the offense is lacking, and if our "new" line performs half decent, there's still a chance.

We went through this same O-Line injury thing last year, and it didn't keep us out of the race, until the last game, when we put ourselves out of the race. Yes, the Skins have major issues and challenges, but so do the other 2 teams rivaling us, and it's arguably about an equal degree of challenge for them to win the division.

Skins have : Bucs, Texans, JAX, TEN, 2 vs Philly, Dallas, NYG,

Philly : Saints, Rams, Texans, 2 vs Dallas & Skins, and NYG

Dallas : Falcons, Saints, Colts, Bucs, Skins, NYG, 2 vs Philly

Colts DC came from Dallas, so that gives them a boost

2nd half of the season will be very interesting for sure.

And very hard to predict. With their schedule, their problems, and their record, I think Dallas is out of it.

I think it's clearly between us and Philly. But they could easily lose 3 of their non-divisional games, at least.

We're not the only team has the past, present, and future threat of debilitating injuries.

Anything is possible.

Noone can say with any certainty what will happen. The only thing for certain is there is still plenty of hope.

With our d still in tact and if our offense can do..just enough and we win it would be huge going forward into the back half of the season...if we lose like we did against the falcons ughhh iiuuhhhh ya season could be over unfortunately... I think this next game is going to prove a lot.

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

^j agree with all of that. Man it is kinda funny how 1 cowboys loss can change the outlook on the rest of our season ?

Excellent point.. watching them lose last night really REALLY helped with the wounds healing.

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Excellent point.. watching them lose last night really REALLY helped with the wounds healing.

I recorded to watch this morning. Got through the Dallas first TD, and then Tennessee turned it over quick-like. Dallas was driving well on the short field again, and I said ***** I'm not watching Dallas blow them out all morning. So I paused it, googled the score, and said okay, now I can watch this game.

LOL

**** Dallas... every time. 

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

^

You left out my all-important qualifier, when quoting me.

Just added it back in and it changes nothing. We don't have the coaching, the QB, or the weapons to be anything near as potent an offense as teams like the Saints, Rams, or Falcons. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Just added it back in and it changes nothing. We don't have the coaching, the QB, or the weapons to be anything near as potent an offense as teams like the Saints, Rams, or Falcons. 

One can only speculate on that, until they actually see the whole offense on the field and healthy.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I think Eagles/Skins in Week 17 will decide the NFC East. The Eagles might be rounding into form but their schedule coming up is brutal and I don't see either them or us winning more than 10 games maximum. The Cowboys are done after last night.

That would be fun, at least. Low bar or not at this point, just being a relevant team through much of December is a bit of a win.. considering the injuries and suckage of whichever various players/coaches/whatevz being assaulted. 

Imagine all the poor **** fans for other teams that have already quit on football for the year. 

I think we should all be mentally prepared for a big collapse. We have beaten bad teams by single scores, and are getting demolished in our losses. At 5-3 we are -12 in the point differential column. That's more accurate to a 3-5 team than our own record. It's sad to see where this offense has gone, this is probably the worst offense in football when AD is taken out of the game too, its disgusting to watch.

But hey, we lead the division

3 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I think we should all be mentally prepared for a big collapse. We have beaten bad teams by single scores, and are getting demolished in our losses. At 5-3 we are -12 in the point differential column. That's more accurate to a 3-5 team than our own record. It's sad to see where this offense has gone, this is probably the worst offense in football when AD is taken out of the game too, its disgusting to watch.

But hey, we lead the division

Can't say I necessarily disagree. Now, I'm not saying it WILL happen, but I agree that we should be prepared for the possibility of a collapse. We've lost our Pro Bowl RG and our starting LG for the season, our LT is one of the best in the game when healthy but has been gimpy for a while and was out last week with a thumb injury and nobody knows when he'll be back, our starting RT hurt his MCL and is "day to day".

The only way our offense works is if AP has a good day. Now, his vision and cutting ability is so good that he can create something out of nothing many times, but he can't do it every time and certainly can't do it if he's met in the backfield by 2 guys right after getting the ball. We've lost our only speedy WR (who was decent but not really special) and the rest of our skill players are mediocre. We all know that Alex ain't gonna win a game through the air on his own and that Gruden is an incredibly questionable play caller already. I could see this offense getting even harder to watch and being completely shut down by other teams' defenses. 

Our defense is still high quality in general but we've shown some of our weaknesses and you also can't expect any defense to hold every team to below 10-14 points a game...it just isn't realistic. 

Sorry to sound so negative but man....I just don't have a great feeling about the coming weeks.

34 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Can't say I necessarily disagree. Now, I'm not saying it WILL happen, but I agree that we should be prepared for the possibility of a collapse. We've lost our Pro Bowl RG and our starting LG for the season, our LT is one of the best in the game when healthy but has been gimpy for a while and was out last week with a thumb injury and nobody knows when he'll be back, our starting RT hurt his MCL and is "day to day".

The only way our offense works is if AP has a good day. Now, his vision and cutting ability is so good that he can create something out of nothing many times, but he can't do it every time and certainly can't do it if he's met in the backfield by 2 guys right after getting the ball. We've lost our only speedy WR (who was decent but not really special) and the rest of our skill players are mediocre. We all know that Alex ain't gonna win a game through the air on his own and that Gruden is an incredibly questionable play caller already. I could see this offense getting even harder to watch and being completely shut down by other teams' defenses. 

Our defense is still high quality in general but we've shown some of our weaknesses and you also can't expect any defense to hold every team to below 10-14 points a game...it just isn't realistic. 

Sorry to sound so negative but man....I just don't have a great feeling about the coming weeks.

Negative? No, I think it's realistic. Everything you've mentioned is accurate, and if we can't get AP going, we're just not going to be able to score points. Defensively, we have shown to be vulnerable to the pass, so I expect teams to go after the secondary.

Archived