Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

Just now, ThePackisback said:

Hey KoolBlue long time no talk.

Hey bro, sorry about your season. ?

Just now, Morneblade said:

Did I say that? No.

But Alex and Colt are nothing alike. Colt is a Gunslinger with a weak arm. Alex is a Checkdown Charlie with a stronger arm.

So they both throw short passes, but one is turnover prone.

Lighten up.

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Hey bro, sorry about your season. ?

So they both throw short passes, but one is turnover prone.

Lighten up.

One is turnover prone because he does go deep, but doesn't have the arm.  Come on man, you know this.

Also, I"m not the one being all serious here. /facepalming and ****.

8 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

Hey Morne you guys might be for real, 5-2 and in 1st place!

Well, I think parts of this team are for real. I think the DL is absolutely for real. I think that Swearinger is for real, and he leads the defense. I think we have a couple of holes in the secondary, but overall this defense is legit.

I also think that AP isn't going to hit any kind of wall, like a lot of pundents do. A lot of them think he is going to get tired. I don't think he will. I think he's in better shape and works harder than kids 10 year younger.

QB play has to get better. I think it can, but for us to be a real threat he's gonna have to play much better. Right now, he's holding the team back.

49 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

QB play has to get better. I think it can, but for us to be a real threat he's gonna have to play much better. Right now, he's holding the team back.

I agree that the QB play has to get better - especially if we want to go deeper in the playoffs.  It's working now and may win us the division, but from my personal perspective, I too want to see the QB play improve as we are too reliant on AP and there's no one to replace his performance if he goes down.

But, here's a new perspective from Clinton Portis I had not considered and find it valid: 

With Peterson leading the way, the Redskins rank eighth in rushing offense. Washington’s 26th-ranked passing game leaves a lot to be desired, but Clinton Portis isn’t concerned about the way in which the Redskins are winning. In fact, he thinks it could benefit them down the stretch.

“When the season changes and the ball becomes slippery and the conditions change, it gets tough,” Portis said on 106.7 The Fan. “Most teams are going to have to figure out a winning formula. Most teams are going to have to switch from aerial assault to nasty games, to let’s figure out how to run the ball, how to protect the ball and play good defense. When we get to that part of the season, we’re going to be 8, 10, 12 games in, because that’s our regular offense . . . Although we’ve been winning games and it hasn’t been pretty offensively, when it comes to the sloppy time of year, I think we’re going to have the perfect offense for it, because Alex Smith refuses to turn the ball over. His mind-set is not allowing him to take chances that’s going to put us at risk or put this defense in a short field."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/10/30/adrian-peterson-is-making-all-his-doubters-look-foolish/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ea923fbb0bae

4 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

I agree that the QB play has to get better - especially if we want to go deeper in the playoffs.  It's working now and may win us the division, but from my personal perspective, I too want to see the QB play improve as we are too reliant on AP and there's no one to replace his performance if he goes down.

But, here's a new perspective from Clinton Portis I had not considered and find it valid: 

With Peterson leading the way, the Redskins rank eighth in rushing offense. Washington’s 26th-ranked passing game leaves a lot to be desired, but Clinton Portis isn’t concerned about the way in which the Redskins are winning. In fact, he thinks it could benefit them down the stretch.

“When the season changes and the ball becomes slippery and the conditions change, it gets tough,” Portis said on 106.7 The Fan. “Most teams are going to have to figure out a winning formula. Most teams are going to have to switch from aerial assault to nasty games, to let’s figure out how to run the ball, how to protect the ball and play good defense. When we get to that part of the season, we’re going to be 8, 10, 12 games in, because that’s our regular offense . . . Although we’ve been winning games and it hasn’t been pretty offensively, when it comes to the sloppy time of year, I think we’re going to have the perfect offense for it, because Alex Smith refuses to turn the ball over. His mind-set is not allowing him to take chances that’s going to put us at risk or put this defense in a short field."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/10/30/adrian-peterson-is-making-all-his-doubters-look-foolish/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ea923fbb0bae

I've said the exact same thing for a very long time. And it's true. It gets much harder to throw in bad weather, but rushing is not affected as much, and it tends to be harder on the defense.

That being said, You still need to be able to throw the ball. And when you look at the 2 other top teams, one is in LA and one is a dome team. LA usually has good weather, even in winter, and in NO it doesn't matter.

Just now, Morneblade said:

I've said the exact same thing for a very long time. And it's true. It gets much harder to throw in bad weather, but rushing is not affected as much, and it tends to be harder on the defense.

That being said, You still need to be able to throw the ball. And when you look at the 2 other top teams, one is in LA and one is a dome team. LA usually has good weather, even in winter, and in NO it doesn't matter.

I think our offense will improve. As long as we don't keep switching up centers and WRs on him and Smith can build confidence on consistency. 

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think our offense will improve. As long as we don't keep switching up centers and WRs on him and Smith can build confidence on consistency. 

I hated moving Roullier to C. I hope even if Lauvao goes down again that won't happen. I also don't see the need to bring in another WR really, and I REALLY don't see the need to trade for one. I'm skeptical about how much better the passing game is going to get. I hope it gets a little better in terms of Completion % and ball placement. But I don't see it getting better in other areas much. I just want it more efficient.

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think We can win no matter which one we face, quite honestly. Bring them on :D 

I'm so psyched. 

I got tickets 20 rows off the field right on the 50 of the Redskins side. 

When I bought them I didn't figure we'd be in first place in the NFC east so I'm through the roof excited. 

On 10/30/2018 at 10:24 PM, Morneblade said:

Skins are 5-2. 

I get everyone wants to score 30+ points a game, though they averaged 21.375 Points per game last year and averaging 20.85 Points per game now.  That's a difference of about 1 FG over 7 games. I think it would be more accurate to say that A.Smith hasn't been comfortable, nor playing his best football yet this year.  It would be accurate to look at the recent developments over the last couple of games to get a direction on where his play might be heading, then follow it up by combining his stat line the next week.  I'm saying this as it's basically the halfway point.  If he puts up some good stats vs ATL and TB (which both those Defenses suck), then he's right in line for what you'd expect him to do. 

54 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Skins are 5-2. 

I get everyone wants to score 30+ points a game, though they averaged 21.375 Points per game last year and averaging 20.85 Points per game now.  That's a difference of about 1 FG over 7 games. I think it would be more accurate to say that A.Smith hasn't been comfortable, nor playing his best football yet this year.  It would be accurate to look at the recent developments over the last couple of games to get a direction on where his play might be heading, then follow it up by combining his stat line the next week.  I'm saying this as it's basically the halfway point.  If he puts up some good stats vs ATL and TB (which both those Defenses suck), then he's right in line for what you'd expect him to do. 

Game one was a pretty good game historically for Smith. He's actually regressed in yards, and more importantly Completion % over the last 3 games. He's actually gotten worse, not better. He needs to turn it around.

Smith is never going to be a guy that throws for 300 yards and 3 tds with any kind of regularity. What he needs to do is be efficient with the ball, and he's been getting worse. That and his ball placement hasn't been good either, which is killing YAC. But if he can get that turned around and become what he has been historically, a 220 yard a game guy over 65% completion %, I think that is all we really need from him to make this a good football team.

On 10/30/2018 at 12:52 PM, Morneblade said:

I hated moving Roullier to C. I hope even if Lauvao goes down again that won't happen. I also don't see the need to bring in another WR really, and I REALLY don't see the need to trade for one. I'm skeptical about how much better the passing game is going to get. I hope it gets a little better in terms of Completion % and ball placement. But I don't see it getting better in other areas much. I just want it more efficient.

You mean LG right?  I am with you no clue why you would move your center to guard when he has been playing at such a high level.  Man I tell  you if we can somehow remain healthy on both of our lines I think we are going to be in great shape.

The only thing I want Smith to do is complete the passes to open receivers.  This is what has been missing in first 7 games IMO, the timing and hitting the open receiver with consistency.  

Smith is a veteran QB and has played on numerous teams, its not like he's a 3rd year QB who is still finding his way. QBs in the league with a tenure like his should find no issues picking up on systems and WR/QB communications, unless they are really bad.

He has to be worried about making mistakes, which is causing him to constantly check down, and I'm sure the WRs are not thrilled about his performance but aren't saying anything because the defense is more or less winning the games for the team. If the defense wasn't this good and the team was 3-5 or 2-6, there would be a lot of finger pointing and choice words in the locker room.

Smith just isn't that good of a QB, but at least he's not making mistakes, so that is a positive. But this defense isn't built to defend against high powered offenses, so eventually he will have to step up big time if this team has any dreams of playoffs. I don't have any idea whats going through Gruden's mind, but he's gotta be a bit nervous about going up against teams that have higher powered offenses.

Leading the NFC East with a pair of games with the Eagles in December. I think Alex will be hitting his stride by then. I am not freaking out that the passing game looks out of sync right now, we are doing just enough to win and we are winning the ugly games that is seasons past we would falter. So to me that bodes well for the future. I am confident that Alex is going to improve enough going forward. It seems he still doesn't trust what he sees and is slow to pull the trigger on the quick stuff. That has to improve and I believe it will. I don't care if he checks down all day,  as long as he is efficient in doing so. So many of the plays he has missed are of this nature which is what makes it so frustrating. We know that Alex's body of work has illustrated that he gets the ball out quick and takes very few risks with the football. Watching him in KC you could see it, he had a confidence in knowing where his guys were gonna be, and got the ball out quick. That is starting to develop, slowly, but I think you can see it in the passes he has put on Doc. and Jordan. Alex is a true professional and he is just going to get better, his entire career shows us this point.

If this turns out to be a bunch of blind homerism than I have just one thing to say.....FCUK ANDY REID !

3 hours ago, TheGreek1973 said:

You mean LG right?  I am with you no clue why you would move your center to guard when he has been playing at such a high level.  Man I tell  you if we can somehow remain healthy on both of our lines I think we are going to be in great shape.

The only thing I want Smith to do is complete the passes to open receivers.  This is what has been missing in first 7 games IMO, the timing and hitting the open receiver with consistency.  

Yeah, I derped on that one. LOL!:rofl89:

I agree with everything else you said. I just want him to be accurate with his throws. He doesn't need to be a different QB, just the same guy from 16'.

Archived