Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lead NFC East

Burgold

7 hours ago, Audible_Red40 said:

Matt Ryan is completing 71% of his passes, QB rating of 114.2, but has been sacked 20 times this year in 7 games.

This will be a test for our defense.

Ryan like Eli is a bit of a statue in the pocket. Not sure we have the horses in the secondary to keep up with all those receivers, but I think the DL could have another dominant game which could carry us.

If Smith doesn't throw for 250+ and at least 2 TDs against that porous secondary we have to seriously consider putting McCoy in.

This team has been fun to watch. Running the football, stopping the run and not turning the ball over is winning football. If you hang around long enough, the other team will beat themselves with costly penalties and turnovers most weeks. I think the Redskins have at least put themselves in great position to at least get a wild card provided they arent devastated by injuries down the stretch. I think they will hold Atlanta to 20 points and win the game. They really need this win if they want to really start making a lot of noise.

The Falcons are 13-6 after a Bye Week over the last 15 yrs.

This is a Must Win game for them.

They'll be well game planned to duplicate the NO game plan. 

There defense is terrible.  

I doubt this will be a low scoring game.  Skins will need pressure and Alex Smith will need help on his blind side. 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ah but did he face this new awesome defense yet? :P 

These games just get more difficult.  Really going to help with good game planning and in-game adjustments. They've got to break the second half funk now.  Not going to survive down the stretch without putting up points in the second half. 

As for the Falcons, if Ryan gets more than 2.5 seconds in the pocket, move the chains.  If he gets 3 or more seconds, click the scoreboard. So, I'd expect since they have no running threat, they'll bring pressure all day.  Additionally, AP should get his and the wild card will be how accurate Smith is. 

Fitzmagic is vulnerable. Very Hot or Cold, so they'll be turnovers.  If the Skins play their game, neither of these teams should run up scores.  It's probably time for Alex Smith to break out of his slump in order to get the whole thing to the next level.

50 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

The Falcons are 13-6 after a Bye Week over the last 15 yrs.

This is a Must Win game for them.

They'll be well game planned to duplicate the NO game plan. 

There defense is terrible.  

I doubt this will be a low scoring game.  Skins will need pressure and Alex Smith will need help on his blind side. 

13-6 after a bye week in 15 years? How did they have 19 bye weeks in 15 years? 

14 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Ryan like Eli is a bit of a statue in the pocket. Not sure we have the horses in the secondary to keep up with all those receivers, but I think the DL could have another dominant game which could carry us.

If Smith doesn't throw for 250+ and at least 2 TDs against that porous secondary we have to seriously consider putting McCoy in.

Totally agree on this, Smith has to have his best game as a skin this Sunday.  Also let me add that yea Ryan is putting up these numbers BUT not in away games, he is much worse in away games.  

What is going on in the East - The eagles are SO hungover you can hear empty beer bottles clank to the floor in the press conference ... The Giants are in denial (expect them to take a WR with the 1st overall pick) and the Cowboys are making mid-season desperation moves and firing coaches ( not the right ones) - How did the Skins (given our reputation for dysfunction) start to look like an organized football team? 

EDIT - i did say 'look like' and also there is still time yet 

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

McCoy is basically smith with shorter passes and turnovers. 

16 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd rather him throw for 100 yds and 1 TD in a win, compared to throwing 300 yds and 3 TDs in a loss. 

" A curse upon you, Fantasy Football, for ruining so much of a beautiful sport!!!! "      

Archived