Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict The Skins W/L

Veryoldschool

2018 W/L Prediction  

138 members have voted

1. 1. How Many 2018 Regular Season Wins?

• 16-0
    • 15-1
    • 14-2
    • 13-3
    • 12-4
    • 11-5
    • 10-6
    • 9-7
    • 8-8
    • 7-9
    • 6-10
    • Dark pit of despair

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2018 at 03:59 AM

Looks like a tough schedule.  Doesn't help that Gruden is O & 4 for season openers.

7 & 9

Here is the schedule.  * = Subject to flex schedule

WEEK

DAY

DATE

OPPONENT

TIME (ET)

SUNDAY

SEPTEMBER 9

AT ARIZONA CARDINALS

4:25 PM

SUNDAY

SEPTEMBER 16

VS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

1:00 PM

SUNDAY

SEPTEMBER 23

VS GREEN BAY PACKERS

1:00 PM

MONDAY

OCTOBER 8

AT NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

8:15 PM

SUNDAY

OCTOBER 14

VS CAROLINA PANTHERS

1:00 PM*

SUNDAY

OCTOBER 21

VS DALLAS COWBOYS

4:25 PM*

SUNDAY

OCTOBER 28

AT NEW YORK GIANTS

SUNDAY

NOVEMBER 4

VS ATLANTA FALCONS

SUNDAY

NOVEMBER 11

AT TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

SUNDAY

NOVEMBER 18

VS HOUSTON TEXANS

THURSDAY

NOVEMBER 22

AT DALLAS COWBOYS

4:30 PM

MONDAY

DECEMBER 3

AT PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

8:15 PM

SUNDAY

DECEMBER 9

VS NEW YORK GIANTS

SUNDAY

DECEMBER 16

AT JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

TBD

TBD

AT TENNESSEE TITANS

TBD*

SUNDAY

DECEMBER 30

VS PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

I don't know I've seen a lot of teams screw the pooch in the preseason then turn it around once the season started.. I think our defense is going to suck and we're not going to get pressure on the quarterback teams are going to run the ball down our throat will be lucky if we get six wins..

10-6.  I can see one or two back to back loses that send board into a panic, but finish with winning last two to get into playoffs.  If we go less then 2-2 against NFC South, we outside looking in on wildcard even with 10 wins because of tie breakers, NFC is that good this year.

I went with 8-8, but could see 9-7 if things go well for us.   I don't see us winning 10+ games this year, because I think that our offense won't be able to overcome some of the tough opponents that we're facing this year.  We have a REALLY hard schedule beginning Week 3, and our season rides on us getting off to a 2-0 start to have a successful season.  If we lose one of the first two games, or God forbid both games to start the season, then say hello to 6-10 or worse.  If we're 3-1 or 2-2 after the first 4 games, then at least we'll be in the hunt in October, and maybe November.  I think best case scenario is us competing for a Wild Card spot (Eagles are winning the division easily).

It sucks that the NFC is so tough and daunting, because 9 wins any other year would have us grabbing a Wild Card spot, but there could be 5-6 teams in the NFC that have 10+ wins, leaving us out to dry even with a 9-7 campaign.

From what I recall the last two seasons I went 10-6, might have actually went 11-5 one of those years, can't recall.

This off season, depends on the week for me.  Actually the opener would be telling for me in a big way.    I just have to see this offense and defense in action.  I get how it can all come together in theory in a positive way, I can see it go the other way too.

The article below which talks about the malaise with fans has some good points in it from my point of view.  For me in particular the point from Chris Thompson below.  I've heard the in theory this team is much better before, I've believed it, it made sense to me.  But I got to see it come together.  I am somewhat agnostic on how they will fare.  I am not positive, not negative.   But I went slightly positive with a 9-7 prediction for now.  But I'd have much more confidence in my prediction and I'll likely change it for better or worse based on what I see this Sunday.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-have-built-a-less-glitzy-roster-leaving-fans-without-a-thing-to-wear/2018/09/04/679e1e12-b06b-11e8-a20b-5f4f84429666_story.html?utm_term=.4825f738d6a6

“I think over the years we have missed those opportunities which have resulted in our bad seasons to where we say, ‘Okay, the Redskins talent-wise have a really good team, but will they be able to put it together?’ ” running back Chris Thompson said. “That’s how everybody’s probably looking at it.”

I think ceiling is 10-6, if everything goes wrong we are 4-12, so I'm going with 7-9. Brutal schedule and inexperience are going to make for tough sledding this season, but I still feel our roster is steadily improving.  Fix a few holes for next year and there will be no excuse for missing the playoffs.  

I was all in on the hype train predicting 11-5 because of how well we passed the eye test to start last year before injuries derailed the train. 

I know you shouldn't read too much into the pre-season but i have always believed the eye test on the third game means a lot and boy did we look awful in that game. 

I'm truly hoping that they just don't give a crap about any pre season game and that's why we looked so ****ty but I don't have a lot of faith in it and therefore I've unfortunately dropped us down to 8-8.

After reading these ExtremeSkins predictions, I thought I would look for some source of optimism and I found it from an unlikely source -  Matt Maiocco's NFL Predictions for 2018.  He covers the SF 49ers for NBC Sports Bay Area Comcast channel. He is from the East Coast originally.   He predicts the 49ers will not be in the playoffs.  Then he predicts the following outcomes for the NFC East Division - Redskins come in first place, Philly in second place, Dallas in 3rd place and NY Giants in 4th place.  Further he picks Washington to play in the wild card round beating Atlanta Falcons and Green Bay beats the Rams.  Then in the divisional round New Orleans beats Redskins and Minnesota beats Green Bay.  NFC Championship will be New Orleans over Minnesota.  Super Bowl is LA Chargers over New Orleans.

It would be great for Skins to make the wild card playoff game but I do not see that happening right now.

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

For reasons I can’t quite put a finger on, “I have a bad feeling about this...”

6-10.

And I hope I’m wrong.  I REALLY hope I’m wrong.

I have my reasons, but the way its been playing out I feel the same way.  Previously I had said 6-10, but I'll knock that down a notch and say 5-11.  

I'd also add that I feel Jay Gruden is fired just after the bye week starting out 0-4 would get that done. I hope I'm wrong. 

New starters at QB, RB, WR, DL (rookie),

2nd year DL who only played 5 games his rookie season

Converted WR starting at CB

TE who had bones removed from both toes

3rd down back who's coming off a broken leg.

Lost the best slot CB in the league

I have no clue what to expect but I'm sure it will be interesting.

32 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

For reasons I can’t quite put a finger on, “I have a bad feeling about this...”

6-10.

And I hope I’m wrong.  I REALLY hope I’m wrong.

Honestly, going over the schedule game by game, that is what I came up with as well, but I could not bear to post it.

The Colts game might be the easiest we have, and it's not like they are going to go 2-14.

All the "close" non-division games we have are away games (Bucs, Jags, Titans, Cards) and I think we realistically can lose all 4.

We will split the Giants, because they always seem to beat us one time, even if they are a dumpster fire. I hope we can at least split the 'Boys, but I have doubts. Lose both games to Philly.

I think we lose to the Texans, Panthers, Saints and Packers.

I really hope we're better than I think we will be.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

New starters at QB, RB, WR, DL (rookie),

2nd year DL who only played 5 games his rookie season

Converted WR starting at CB

TE who had bones removed from both toes

3rd down back who's coming off a broken leg.

Lost the best slot CB in the league

I have no clue what to expect but I'm sure it will be interesting.

Well... this is inspiring 

I’d like to have a snappy rejoiner but nothing comes to mind

Archived