Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Predict The Skins W/L

Veryoldschool

2018 W/L Prediction  

138 members have voted

1. 1. How Many 2018 Regular Season Wins?

• 16-0
    • 15-1
    • 14-2
    • 13-3
    • 12-4
    • 11-5
    • 10-6
    • 9-7
    • 8-8
    • 7-9
    • 6-10
    • Dark pit of despair

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2018 at 03:59 AM

Too many “ifs” on offense whether it be guys coming off injuries or guys that are solely potential. 

I’ve just been flabbergasted by how Skins fans are projecting attributes onto Alex Smith that he has rarely or never showed in his damn near 13 year career. I’m glad we got him but I see the bloom coming off the rose quickly and him becoming the new scapegoat 

I think we struggle the first 1-2 Months offensively but finish 2-2 after 4. Then...sadness ensues. 

The DL will keep us in games but inexperience in the secondary leads to a few big plays that kill us. 

And at the end of the day, the culture of arrogance in this organization still permeates. Whether it’s player management or reps in August. I’d just be shocked for things to actually work out as Bruce Allen planned. I listen to the Ringer NFL podcast every week and Mike Lombardi harps on this every time we come up (which isn’t very much)

Long story short...6-10 and bye bye to Jay. I liked that guy...

I’m just really down on this franchise right now. 

But who cares, Caps in 5. :)

2 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Honestly, going over the schedule game by game, that is what I came up with as well, but I could not bear to post it.

The Colts game might be the easiest we have, and it's not like they are going to go 2-14.

All the "close" non-division games we have are away games (Bucs, Jags, Titans, Cards) and I think we realistically can lose all 4.

We will split the Giants, because they always seem to beat us one time, even if they are a dumpster fire. I hope we can at least split the 'Boys, but I have doubts. Lose both games to Philly.

I think we lose to the Texans, Panthers, Saints and Packers.

I really hope we're better than I think we will be.

I honestly hate your post?

I posted this a couple of days ago, in another thread.

Rdskns2000 sees this:

Week 1: @Arizona:   I forsee a loss,  Think the Skins won't be ready. Only highlight will be AP.  : 0-1

Week 2: Colts: I see a win, Skins erase the week one mistakes.: 1-1 

Week 3: Packers:  I see a close loss.  I'll take AR over AS.: 1-2

Bye-  Actually comes at a good time this year.

Week 5: @Saints: We come out flat for MNF, after the bye and lose. : 1-3

First rumblings of Jay being fired, start.

Week 6: Panthers: The Skins bounce back and win. : 2-3 

Week 7: Cowboys:  Alex and AP have their best day, we crush Dallas. Best win of season.: 3-3

Jay goes off the hot seat again.

Week 8: @Giants: We win first road game of the season.: 4-3

Week 9: Falcons:  I expect a home loss, to my Superbowl pick.: 4-4

Week 10: @Bucs:  We beat them easily. 5-4

Week 11: Texans:  We eek a last minute win.: 6-4

Week 12: @Cowboys: We loose Turkey Day rematch.: 6-5

Week 13: @Eagles: We lose the MNF game in Philly.: 6-6

Week 14: Giants: 3rd straight division loss, basically kills playoff chances.: 6-7

Week 15: @Jags: 4th straight loss. : 6-8

Jay is back on the hot seat, rumblings of a cleaning house are in the air and that includes Bruce Allen. 

Week 16: @Titans: Skins break losing streak and win. 7-8

Week 17: Eagles: Skins blow chance to finish .500 and lose. 7-9

Dan Snyder cleans house and fires both Bruce and Jay after the season and decides to go after a Big Name coach again.  Jay's tenure ends due to the 4 game losing streak and then failing to finish .500; when he had the chance.

This is how I thinks it goes;

Four games won relatively easily and two games won that really should have been loses.

Four games lost relatively badly and two games lost that really should have been victories.

That leaves four games that could go either way. Good teams find a way to win 'em, bad teams falter and fail.

One play in each game can make all the difference, one player can step up and decide whether we finish 6-10 or 10-6.

I'm in a really good mood at the moment and am going for 10-6 (ask me tomorrow and I might say 9-7).

Take away the top and bottom four teams in the NFL (who are they?) and the above scenario will probably play out for most of the other 24 teams.

5 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Dan Snyder cleans house and fires both Bruce and Jay after the season and decides to go after a Big Name coach again.  Jay's tenure ends due to the 4 game losing streak and then failing to finish .500; when he had the chance.

Trying to think who would be the big name coach left?  Jim Harbaugh maybe after another disappointing season in Michigan?

Funny for me reading this thread, I can totally see the positive or negative going down.  Should be a wild season.  10-6 and 6-10 to me equally plausible. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Trying to think who would be the big name coach left?  Jim Harbaugh maybe after another disappointing season in Michigan?

Funny for me reading this thread, I can totally see the positive or negative going down.  Should be a wild season.  10-6 and 6-10 to me equally plausible. 

Just that time in the Snyder hiring cycle for a big name, whoever that will be.

I know many here see 10 wins. At best, maybe 8-8. Even with the changes, this team is a step below many teams on the schedule this year. Also, Jay has shown nothing beyond mediocre. I don't expect that to change.

They just had a segment on 980 where they discussed which extreme the Redskins were closer to: 5-11 or 11-5.  Most of the callers went with 5-11 because of the secondary, and the uncertainty of the offense.  It seems like people are more down on the Skins before the opener than I can remember in quite sometime.  I think the Redskins have to win at least 2 out of the first 3 games to get some momentum, and have fans start believing that the Skins can contend for a Wild Card spot this season.

I don't blame the fans, the Skins haven't given anyone a reason to believe otherwise.  I guess the fans are just like me, in that they want to "See it before they believe it".

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Dan Snyder cleans house and fires both Bruce and Jay after the season and decides to go after a Big Name coach again.  

What “big name” GM & HC combo would want to sign on?  I think if both slots are available and recruited concurrently that chances of attracting quality would improve but In the event things go south I think Allen hangs on.

Big fear is if Snyder reverts to his old pattern and hires a big name coach and gives him total authority over personnel, Kyle Smith leaves/gets pushed out. Long term disaster.

Gruden is our Marvin Lewis - being slightly above average after decades of embarrassing suckitude means perennial 8 - 9 wins keeps him employed.

16 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

I would like to be more positive but I predict 9-7.

Why is that not considered positive? That's where I got them as well and feel good about it. The NFC East showcases the reigning Superbowl Champions, as well as the potent Giants offense and if you listen to Michael Irvin the Cowboys stout Defense (yea right homer), it's no cake walk working against the East and never will be. To go along with that the Redskins play against 

Colts - Andrew Luck
Packers - Aaron Rodgers
Saints - Drew Brees
Panthers - Cam Newton
Falcons - Matt Ryan
Texans - Deshaun Watson
Titans - Marcus Mariotta

And the icing on top, the Jaguars Defense. Murders row this year in a must win season coming up. I think they will be proud to win more then half of the games this season

12 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Well... this is inspiring 

I’d like to have a snappy rejoiner but nothing comes to mind

Just throwing it all out there for some perspective.

Maybe the negativity will create a reverse effect and we crush them.

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I posted this a couple of days ago, in another thread.

Rdskns2000 sees this:

Week 1: @Arizona:   I forsee a loss,  Think the Skins won't be ready. Only highlight will be AP.  : 0-1

Week 2: Colts: I see a win, Skins erase the week one mistakes.: 1-1 

Week 3: Packers:  I see a close loss.  I'll take AR over AS.: 1-2

Week 5: @Saints: We come out flat for MNF, after the bye and lose. : 1-3

First rumblings of Jay being fired, start.

Week 6: Panthers: The Skins bounce back and win. : 2-3 

Week 7: Cowboys:  Alex and AP have their best day, we crush Dallas. Best win of season.: 3-3

Jay goes off the hot seat again.

Week 8: @Giants: We win first road game of the season.: 4-3

Week 9: Falcons:  I expect a home loss, to my Superbowl pick.: 4-4

Week 10: @Bucs:  We beat them easily. 5-4

Week 11: Texans:  We eek a last minute win.: 6-4

Week 12: @Cowboys: We loose Turkey Day rematch.: 6-5

Week 13: @Eagles: We lose the MNF game in Philly.: 6-6

Week 14: Giants: 3rd straight division loss, basically kills playoff chances.: 6-7

Week 15: @Jags: 4th straight loss. : 6-8

Jay is back on the hot seat, rumblings of a cleaning house are in the air and that includes Bruce Allen. 

Week 16: @Titans: Skins break losing streak and win. 7-8

Week 17: Eagles: Skins blow chance to finish .500 and lose. 7-9

Week 1: @Arizona:   Skins 74-3

Week 2: Colts: Skins 74-3

Week 3: Packers:  Skins 74-3

Week 5: Skins 74-3

Locusts swarm the Great Plains.

Week 6: Panthers:Skins 74-3 

Week 7: CowboysSkins 74-3

The ghost of George Allen is seen riding a pale horse through an Ashburn field.

Week 8: @Giants:Skins 74-3

Week 9: Falcons:  Skins 74-3

Week 10: @BucsSkins 74-3

Week 11: Texans:  Skins 74-3

Week 12: @Cowboys: Skins 74-3

Week 13: @Eagles:Skins 74-3

Week 14: Giants: Skins 74-3

Week 15: @Jags: Skins 74-3

A black, riderless horse noses open the doors to Redskins Park as seven angels descend from the clouds, blowing trumpets. They are dressed in 'Skins retro jerseys.

Week 16: @Titans: Skins 74-3

Week 17: Eagles: Skins 74-3

An earthquake destroys the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, site of Super Bowl LIII. Roger Goodell cancels the game, declares the 2018-19 Redskins The Greatest Team of All Time, Eternal Champions, and Guardians of Mankind.  He disbands the league.  Jordan Reed is placed on IR.

This is an analytical model: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000958218/article/nfc-wintotal-projections-saints-carry-boomorbust-potential

Washington Redskins: 7.7

Ceiling: 8.4
Floor: 6.3

I've gone on and on about Alex Smith being an upgrade for Washington in the red zone. I've also seen this offense's run game lower the win-total floor, due to uncertainty. (Promising rookie Derrius Guiceis out for the season, while Adrian Peterson is 33 years old.) What really drives a higher-than-some-expect win total? The defense. The upside comes from first-round pick Daron Payne, returning defensive end (and 2017 first-rounder) Jonathan Allen and the increase in overall health of this team. According to my projections, the improved defensive front will raise Washington from 29th in big plays allowed to 14th.

Based on that I selected 10-6. I can;t be wrong forever, can I? Never mind, don't answer that. Like most others I see 6-10 and 10-6 having equal opportunity. So if I am picking I prefer the high side. 

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Big fear is if Snyder reverts to his old pattern and hires a big name coach and gives him total authority over personnel, Kyle Smith leaves/gets pushed out. Long term disaster.

Gruden is our Marvin Lewis - being slightly above average after decades of embarrassing suckitude means perennial 8 - 9 wins keeps him employed.

I don’t know what big name coach is out there?  I will stop rooting for the the team if they hire Fisher.  Otherwise, who?

The biggest splashy move he could make is hiring Peyton as a FO exec/team president role.  

Which I wouldn’t hate, honestly. 

Harbaugh would be the other if he leaves Michigan.  Saban? Meyer?

Archived