Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dear Dan Snyder: We do not like being fans anymore; we tolerate it

MassSkinsFan

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Partnerships, advertising. I don't think Snyder cares anymore what jersey people are wearing in the stadium anymore.

It must be.

Now, I'm sure "The Squire" felt the same way about his sports teams. I'm sure he wouldn't have shed tears if the Forum or RFK had a 60-40 ratio for away and home fans, as long as he got his money. It just so happens that winning teams have, traditionally, generated more income than losing teams. That's why losing teams usually have had to rely on gimmicks and giveaways to draw people to the stadium (see: Bill Veeck and his infamous tenure with the St. Louis Browns baseball team).

But the 'Skins have completely bucked that trend over the past 20+ years. The team is not only wretched but they're basically irrelevant in the NFL's landscape despite a long history and a collection of hall of fame talent. Are the great players from 'Skins past really as well known as great players from the NFL's heavy hitters? There's only one Hog in the HOF right now and that's probably the team's biggest claim to fame over the past 40 years or so.

I knew ES would be a depressing site if the Eagles won. I understand some of the frustration and/or jealousy but I’m a young skins fan and really haven’t seen much of any glory the Skins have had but I still don’t get as upset as some folks on here, maybe it’s better I never saw them really good. The Dan/Bruce not wanting to win argument is crazy to me, of course they want to win. That’s the most vague comment spread across this forum. Do you honestly think they want the team to lose? 

4 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Snyder will use the last gimmick up his sleeve and hire Joe Theismann to be the new GM (e.g., John Lynch)

Stop giving him ideas! lol

How about back when I had season tickets and Vinny Cerrato was around... The fans brought SIGNS to the game that said FIRE VINNY!!  Guess what?  They took the signs away at the entry gates.  You had to somehow sneak a sign in or make one once inside.  That's how bad it was and it's returning to it again.  And again, and again, and it keeps on going on forever.  We are enablers to this abusive relationship!! LOL

2 minutes ago, maxspruill21 said:

I knew ES would be a depressing site if the Eagles won. I understand some of the frustration and/or jealousy but I’m a young skins fan and really haven’t seen much of any glory the Skins have had but I still don’t get as upset as some folks on here, maybe it’s better I never saw them really good. The Dan/Bruce not wanting to win argument is crazy to me, of course they want to win. That’s the most vague comment spread across this forum. Do you honestly think they want the team to lose? 

To me it doesn't matter if they want to win.  They don't win.  That's what matters.

Not sure your age, but what is your job?  Let's say it's to be a lawyer, and you keep losing cases.  Like over and over again.  You may want to be the best lawyer in the world, but you suck, and you deserve to get fired.

If you're name partner, however, you don't get fired.  You just continue to **** up the firm.  We just happen to be lifelong clients who can't/won't go anywhere else.

3 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Kirk will get to pick his new employer and my new team, I am jumping on the bandwagon of Minnesota, Jacksonville, Denver or whatever Kirk signs with, I trust he'll make a good choice and watching that team will be fun.

I hate saying it but I think I'm going to cheer for the Jags.  We moved to the area a few years ago and they are fun to watch; even a few years ago when they sucked.  I hope Kirk Cousins signs there because they play the Redskins and I'm going.  That would be awesome to see Kirk vs. Smith.  The jags win 56-7 ushering along the firing of Gruden and Allen so Dan Snyder can repeat this process again and again.

32 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

I get the venting and frustration but this is turning out to be one of the most depressed media outlets for Skins fan. Even game threads that do not feature the Skins people come through with depressing posts. Even Twitter and Facebook are not as down on the team as here. 

I was ready to believe and be patient a calendar year ago, but within the past 12 months, we've:

*Witnessed our alcoholic gm (who gave the overwhelming majority of us a massive shot in the arm) go awol on the biggest stage of the NFL off-season

*Seen a proxy war ensue between said gm/team brass through the media 

*Seen them fire said GM, leaving team in the hands in the quintessential kid who found his dad's gun 

*  Kirk Cousins tagged again, leading to another awesome season of He loves me/He loves me not 

* Witnessed both top picks from the previous year underwhelm, for different reasons

* Overall team suckage

* Cousins getting switched for a high price (after the team horribly botched negotiations)

* Seen the team (currently) possibly trying to further remove their limbs they've been viciously hacking at since 2015, trying to somehow get something back out of what they lost in the trade

* Witnessed the Eagles win the Super Bowl

* Delivered via DG

It's been perhaps the most tumultuous year I can ever remember. The natives are restless

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

He was closer with McCloughan. But ****ing Bruce Allen's ego couldn't handle not getting any credit.

See I don't think so. McCloughan was still buried on the org chart under Allen. In essence, with McCloughan we had a very bright scouting mind, but he didn't really have any significant power. He certainly didn't trump the guy who is currently making ****ty decisions. 

With a Gibbs-type overseeing football operations, we'd have a competent person at the top overseeing the entire process and all the decisions. 

8 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

See I don't think so. McCloughan was still buried on the org chart under Allen. In essence, with McCloughan we had a very bright scouting mind, but he didn't really have any significant power. He certainly didn't trump the guy who is currently making ****ty decisions. 

With a Gibbs-type overseeing football operations, we'd have a competent person at the top overseeing the entire process and all the decisions. 

The reason I feel it was McCloughan was he was promised control. Gibbs was still saddled Bumbo the Blundering Wonder

50 minutes ago, maxspruill21 said:

I did experience the glory years as a young buck and maybe that feeling of success does make the years of ineptitude sting worse.

With that said, it was Joe Gibbs return that reignited my love for the team.  I spent many of the years between 94-2003 more worried about girls, partying, school, partying, girls, etc.  I paid attention to the team but wasn't planning my Sundays around watching every game.  When Gibbs returned pretty much through Shanahan's departure, I would convince myself that nearly every move the Redskins made was a good one.  They sounded good to me.  But I was simply naïve to what makes good teams good and bad teams bad.  I equated getting X player(s) or coaches to automatically being a better team.  I discounted or outright overlooked things like salary cap, the importance of drafting, team depth, etc.  Over the last 4 years, I've really paid more attention the league as a whole and what goes on around the Redskins.  I really started connecting the dots on what makes teams successful and why some teams are just outright bad.  Right now you're still the same young and naïve kid that I was, looking for the best in everything.  Eventually, you'll see the light and it's blinding.

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

Not sure your age, but what is your job?  Let's say it's to be a lawyer, and you keep losing cases.  Like over and over again.  You may want to be the best lawyer in the world, but you suck, and you deserve to get fired.

If you're name partner, however, you don't get fired.  You just continue to **** up the firm.  We just happen to be lifelong clients who can't/won't go anywhere else.

Anyone watch the recent series finale for Better Call Saul? Remember how things ended for

Spoiler

the "name partner"

?  I would stand up and cheer if something like that happened to Dan Snyder.

8 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Anyone watch the recent series finale for Better Call Saul? Remember how things ended for the "name partner"?  I would stand up and cheer if something like that happened to Dan Snyder.

I really need to get back on that show. Been in a tv back log for a couple years now

13 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

But does Dan Snyder really want to win?

Someone explain this to me. What has he proven to us that he really wants to win?

Dan wants to make money and nothing else.  He knows he needs to have the team at least be somewhat competitive and make the fans think, the Skins aren't that far away.  The past 3 years have given some fans that false belief.  Guarantee you, therer will be fans who will say this team is getting the respect; this summer. They will say, Alex is going to take us where Kirk didn't.  If enough fans believe that and spend money; Dan will be happy.

Dan doesn't care about building a consistent winner.  He wants that star player, so he can make money from that player.

24 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Naw I think Dan wants to win, but he's just completely clueless as to how real winning organizations operate and keeps thinking his way will work.

I agree 100% he wants to win and I'm hoping he is learning how. He has given total control of the franchise over to Bruce. That's a huge step in itself. Hopefully next step is replacing him with a qualified GM, which I think will come sooner than later.

http://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/dan-snyder-hate-giants-2012-12

No established football mind will want to come here. I'm pretty sure Snyder has burned every bridge possible this last go round with McStoutweiser.

He's going to have to get a young, fresh football mind. Does anyone here really think Snyder even knows what one of those looks like, as well as how to surround it with a complimentary front office/positive work environment, and not a place thats probably on par with Stalingrad in terms of paranoia and discontent?

Snyder destroyed this franchise and once its once passionate fanbase.  I was happy for the eagle fans because it reminded me of when I sat in the old Vet a few days before Christmas in 1991 - when the Eagle beat us but we went on to win the SuperBowl against Buffalo for a 17-2 record.

Those were the Washington Redskins. And they have long since left the building.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

No established football mind will want to come here. I'm pretty sure Snyder has burned every bridge possible this last go round with McStoutweiser.

He's going to have to get a young, fresh football mind. Does anyone here really think Snyder even knows what one of those looks like, as well as how to surround it with a complimentary front office/positive work environment, and not a place thats probably on par with Stalingrad in terms of paranoia and discontent?

Image result for laughing animated gif

19 minutes ago, celticsalmon said:

Snyder destroyed this franchise and once its once passionate fanbase.  I was happy for the eagle fans because it reminded me of when I sat in the old Vet a few days before Christmas in 1991 - when the Eagle beat us but we went on to win the SuperBowl against Buffalo for a 17-2 record.

Those were the Washington Redskins. And they have long since left the building.

The most satisfying was 1990, when a driven, focused Gibbs lead the Redskins into the Vet and beat the Eagles soundly a few weeks after the Body Bag Game.

It's like having a cracked out relative, and watching them deteriorate and become someone you don't want to know.

That letter is exactly how I feel. After all the BS that we've put up with through the years, making yet another POS trade makes me want to just throw in the towel. Fuller is going to be a player and you gave up on him cause you failed to  lock up your QB after 2015. And you gave away yet another high draft pick and it's one of the reasons we can't get over the hump, pissed away draft picks. I'm so sick of the way the Redskins go about their business. 

5 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

That's more indicative of the team than ES.  This place used to be booming when there was hope following the 2005 season (when I joined).  Then as Gibbs ended, and Zorn fell to Earth after the 7-1 start, it just decayed.  A big resurgence after RGIII came, and then a huge drop off from 2013 to the middle of the 2015 season.  Now a further decline.

Facebook and Twitter take no investment.  It's 140-280 characters at a time and no sense of community, just followers.  The team is the problem, not us.

Oh. I wasn't trying to say fans were the problem. I guess it was more of an observation. Twitter and IG Redskins fans are very critical of the team to,  but it is more lighthearted. It's just tough seeing so many die hard fans not enjoying the team. Watching this team should be more like an outlet and not another frustration in our lives. Hopefully things turn around soon and yes the board is more lively, funny and entertaining when things are going well. 

One trip to the Redskins Facebook page and you'll find all kinds of holier than thou no nothings who think they're "better fans" for supporting this abomination of a Mickey Mouse club. They're the ones who allow this ****show to continue by blindly throwing money into Snyder's pocket while he allows his ego to destroy what was once an elite franchise.

I find myself tuning out more often, cutting the season short and not wasting any more time on this disaster than in year's past and if this keeps up there won't be a next generation of Redskins fans. Taking it for granted.

For the love of god, just hire a real GM and let him build a proper organization. Please.

Archived