Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dear Dan Snyder: We do not like being fans anymore; we tolerate it

MassSkinsFan

21 minutes ago, Killer Rob said:

on his snyder-owned radio station he fired a redskins historian and replaced him with an eagles fan to host afternoon redskins radio...makes you wonder how much snyder truly cares

Who is the Iggles fan?

47 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

For the love of god, just hire a real GM and let him build a proper organization. Please.

But therein lies the problem. It's still Snyder making the calls. It dawned on me what the problem is--Snyder is the dork who always wanted to be apart of the cool kids and jocks. Now he is, in his mind. He will always have a culture of favortism, good-ol-boys networks, and inner-circles. He makes the calls on who is in his cool kids clique.

When are we going to realize the only way to get a message to Snyder is if we refuse to give him any money? Threads like this are fine but I doubt he would see it and history shows change only comes with either violence or if fans stop paying. I’m not advocating the first option so it’s time to stick it to Dan where it hurts. His wallet. Only then will he take the hint. Not watching the sport does little to nothing to get the message across and only hurts the person who isn’t doing what he/she enjoys

22 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

When are we going to realize the only way to get a message to Snyder is if we refuse to give him any money? Threads like this are fine but I doubt he would see it and history shows change only comes with either violence or if fans stop paying. I’m not advocating the first option so it’s time to stick it to Dan where it hurts. His wallet. Only then will he take the hint. Not watching the sport does little to nothing to get the message across and only hurts the person who isn’t doing what he/she enjoys

I don't disagree with the thought to hit him in the wallet.  But that's a hard thing to do given profit sharing in the NFL.  I've heard they've had trouble selling out the suites and "premium" seating.  As you can see every home game at FedEx, tickets still sell on the secondary market to opposing fans.  

I'm curious why you would want to stick it to Dan though.  It would seem by your posts that you think things are on the up and up with the franchise.  

The only way IMO to make an impact, or at least a reasonable impact personally on Snyder, is to hit him monetarily and physically.

The idea crossed my mind a few times about sending my Redskins gear to his office or Redskins Park with a nice little letter addressed to Snyder. But when I look back at how much money I've invested in Redskins jerseys, caps, and all of the other Redskin-oriented items, I realized the postage would be outrageous!

But, maybe someone who lives close by could be a representative of us fans, and every one of us send 1 Redskins item for this person to gather, along with all of the letters, and have it delivered to his office. A man like Snyder responds to formality-related things such as a typed letter, being he is a businessman.

It is only an idea, I just am not sure what would really make an impact, if anything.

If it meant getting the Redskins organization re-done, complete with FO cleansing of everyone, and starting over, I'd give up every damn piece I own.

We can all **** and moan about the dis-like we have for the front office personnel, but it has to go far beyond that; it has to somehow involve the media, television and radio coverage, to spread the word. We ESers are used to dealing with each other on this forum, but this forum rarely expands outside of itself. Formal petitions, turning in Redskins gear, letters of refusal to luxury suites and by season ticket holders.

Something has to be done, some way, somehow.  ES will continue to lose fans, the Redskins will continue to lose fans, and at this trickle pace, it will take forever, and some of us don't have forever. This team and front office has to change.

Perhaps we should set up a Go Fund Me page and hire an investigator to interview every young female who has worked in the Skins office during the Snyder era. Maybe we’ll get lucky. Seriously, I wish there was someone close to Snyder, who had his ear, who could get the message through to him that his franchise is a disaster and the natives are getting restless. He needs to look at the Steelers. After being lovable losers for the first 40 years of their existence, they have been a model franchise for the last 47.

Also, I am tired of the myth that Dan is a fan of the Redskins.  A real fan would never have been this awful for this long.  They might have made the same initial mistakes but they would've quickly realize they needed to get professionals in here and let them do their jobs.

Dan is a fan of owning the Washington Redskins more than anything else.  He's the big man in D.C. Even the president doesn't have the same cache in D.C. as the owner of the Washington Redskins.  In his 19 years, he's even killed that.

Now he's just a Jerry Jones wannabee with Trump like tendencies. 

When Dan Snyder is no longer of this earth, there will tears of joy; for whatever remains of this fanbase when that happens. 

I wonder if the franchise would've been worse; had the original ownership Milstein group been approved. Yes, Snyder was part of that group but he wasn't the main guy. 

I don't doubt that Dan is a fan of the Redskins.  This site is filled with "real fans" that actually convince themselves that most everything Dan & Co. do is going to end up good.  They are wrong time and time and time again.  Yet they still always believe 'this time' it's going to be different.  Dan is a lot like them.

In summary, Dan is a fan, he's just a dumb one that doesn't know his head from his ass.

It does boggle my mind how you can be an owner for going on two decades and not smarten up.  But again, like a lot of fans here, they are so swept up in fandom that they can't see the forest for the trees.

I want to understand what the "hit him in the wallet" plan really is? He's so insulated from losing money with revenue sharing that I don't see how refusing to buy some hats works. Even if you somehow coordinated enough so that people wouldn't attend games...how many hot dogs or beers do you really think would make a difference. 

It's the embarrassment of empty stadiums that would resonate far sooner than the bottom line. Just owning the Redskins now versus the price he paid has Snyder never needing to worry about money again for the rest of his life. 

12 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I want to understand what the "hit him in the wallet" plan really is? He's so insulated from losing money with revenue sharing that I don't see how refusing to buy some hats works. Even if you somehow coordinated enough so that people wouldn't attend games...how many hot dogs or beers do you really think would make a difference. 

It's the embarrassment of empty stadiums that would resonate far sooner than the bottom line. Just owning the Redskins now versus the price he paid has Snyder never needing to worry about money again for the rest of his life. 

When it's 80% Eagles fans next year, it might have an effect. But like I said earlier in this thread, it won't. Wash, suck, repeat--the new Redskins fight song

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

When it's 80% Eagles fans next year, it might have an effect. But like I said earlier in this thread, it won't. Wash, suck, repeat--the new Redskins fight song

Agreed - the impact will be embarrassment far before it reaches financial. We have no control over this as fans...it sucks, but it is what it is. In the 1980s we were extremely fortunate to have a top-3 NFL organization that was run with class and competence from top to bottom. Since Cooke passed away, that's been flipped completely on its head and we are a bottom-rung organization. 

I just hope it doesn't take too long for things to turn again. I also realize that no action on my end can impact that. 

3 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Agreed - the impact will be embarrassment far before it reaches financial. We have no control over this as fans...it sucks, but it is what it is. In the 1980s we were extremely fortunate to have a top-3 NFL organization that was run with class and competence from top to bottom. Since Cooke passed away, that's been flipped completely on its head and we are a bottom-rung organization. 

I just hope it doesn't take too long for things to turn again. I also realize that no action on my end can impact that. 

We have the rest of Dan Snyder's life. He's 53. We probably have at least 25 more years to wait. I'm about to turn 42, the likeliness I see this in my life is low.

It looks like the ongoing suckage is causing lower testosterone levels in our fan base and making us eat poorly too......

The effect manifests itself physically. Fans’ testosterone levels often increase after their team wins and decrease when they lose, according to some studies. And a 2013 study found that fans of losing teams experience an urge to eat more saturated fats and sugars the day after, while winning teams’ fans choose more healthful foods.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/why-do-fans-riot-after-a-win-the-science-behind-philadelphias-super-bowl-chaos/ar-BBIK2ST?li=BBnba9I&ocid=iehp

Damn you Snyder!

tumblr_mg4az0cbv81qz8x31o1_400.gif

We've seen how promptly and decisively the front office responds to poster signs at FedEx.

Daniel Snyder's bread-and-butter, even since before owning the 'Skins, has been in telecommunication and controlling the message. Whether it's Red Zebra, ostracizing the Washington Post, signing high-dollar free agents, landing blockbuster draft trades, or luring a past Redskins great back to the organization, he's always tried to maintain a grip on the narrative. When fans bring in signs such as the ones that said "Fire Vinny" on a colossal televised forum like a home game he begins to lose his grip and acts decisively to reassert it.

50, 60, or even 70,000 fans dropping the team or disappearing from among merchandise sales will not hurt him. He doesn't need us to buy his overpriced goods or to show up to games, really, as long as the visiting fans turn up or view the game from their sets then money is made. But if just 10,000 of us come to FedEx with a unified message, ready to air on the same medium through which the team makes most of its money, then it will send a clear and loud message that Mr. Telecom Genius would inherently be obligated to address.

Since poster signs are big and can be confiscated at the secured check-in, I'd think paper bags (with the same message scrawled on the forehead) would be more practical. It's all a matter of picking a game for when to do it and the will to carry it out (FYI: I'd definitely be down).

18 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Since poster signs are big and can be confiscated at the secured check-in, I'd think paper bags (with the same message scrawled on the forehead) would be more practical. It's all a matter of picking a game for when to do it and the will to carry it out (FYI: I'd definitely be down).

Walk out on a Nationally Televised game.

20 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

It looks like the ongoing suckage is causing lower testosterone levels in our fan base and making us eat poorly too......

The effect manifests itself physically. Fans’ testosterone levels often increase after their team wins and decrease when they lose, according to some studies. And a 2013 study found that fans of losing teams experience an urge to eat more saturated fats and sugars the day after, while winning teams’ fans choose more healthful foods.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/why-do-fans-riot-after-a-win-the-science-behind-philadelphias-super-bowl-chaos/ar-BBIK2ST?li=BBnba9I&ocid=iehp

Damn you Snyder!

That must be the reason for all those Andro400 commericals on 980! :ols:

Archived