Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dear Dan Snyder: We do not like being fans anymore; we tolerate it

MassSkinsFan

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:56 AM, thebluefood said:

I dunno about that. I'm not saying I completely disagree with your premise but outside of those "golden years" in the 1990s, the Jerruh-Era in Dallas has been pretty mediocre over all. Sure, they've had way more 11+ win seasons than we've had over the past 25 years (9 to 1) but without Jimmy Johnson and the team he built, they haven't even made it to the NFC Championship which is inexcusable by Dallas Cowboys standards

I know the Cowboys had a fairly nice 30-year run of pretty good success from the mid-60s to the mid-90s, but the Skins had a nice 20-year run of their own from the early 70s thru the early 90s. I know the Skins probably won't have a 3 Lombardi in 10 seasons run again in my life, but I also don't want to settle for where I'm cheering a three-year-run of merely avoiding a double-digit loss season. 

18 hours ago, Temper11 said:

For what it's worth... Chiefs fan hate Hunt.  Niners fan hate Jed, Browns fan hate their owner, Colts fan hate their owner... etc.  You aren't alone.

But how STRONG is that hatred? Is it enough to land you in jail? To get you saving up for a hit man? To leave you muttering to yourself in a darkened room? To convert your cousin Earl's meth lab into something deadlier?

4 minutes ago, MassSkinsFan said:

But how STRONG is that hatred? Is it enough to land you in jail? To get you saving up for a hit man? To leave you muttering to yourself in a darkened room? To convert your cousin Earl's meth lab into something deadlier?

@MassSkinsFan, is this an excerpt from your new book "How to Get On Every Government Watch List in Just One Post"?

2015 SI Article lists Snyder as the most hated NFL owner:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/07/23/nfl-most-hated-dan-snyder-bill-belichick-percy-harvin

Most hated owner: Dan Snyder

His own fans are fed up with him—last year, on the team's official message board, there was a discussion titled, "Why is Dan Snyder the most hated person in franchise history?" Opposing fans can't stand him, he has clashed frequently with the media and, oh yeah, Snyder is engaged in a p.r. battle against an entire race so his franchise can continue to be known as the Redskins.

What has caused such strife between Snyder and Washington's fans? It starts with little things like Snyder charging them money to attend training camp—a practice that's no longer occurring because of the backlash—to the simpler explanation: He's been unable to produce a winner.

Snyder's fiercest competition probably comes from within the NFC East, in the person of Dallas's Jerry Jones. Unfortunately for Snyder, the disdain for him has grown to such a level that it transcends merely the NFL. He may now be the most hated owner in sports, period.—CB

I'm done with the long winded 'you've failed us' letters.

I'm tired of the curt 'F you' letters.

The F-ing Eagles won a Super Bowl. The Eagles!!?!?!! WTF!!!

Enough... Time to steal the line...

Just win baby.

Thats it. I don't care how, Figure it out. Clean house. Get the players. Genghis Khan Mentality and scorch earth. 

JUST WIN BABY. ENOUGH

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

So if Dan wins a Super Bowl, are ya'll still going to hate?

Tell ya what - if the 'Skins manage to win a Super Bowl under Dan Snyder in the next...let's say, 10 years, I'll eat the front page of the "We're Super Bowl Champions" edition of the Washington Post. 

The Eagles are primed to be SB contenders for years to come. The Giants have new blood...in addition to a franchise QB by April. The Cowboys are a competent coach away from being a true SB contender. 

The Redskins do not have a young, franchise level QB. They don't have the D of a Philly, a RB like Dallas, or a WR like Odell. They aren't the worst team in the league. But they aren't a top 12 team either. They're average...a bad spot to be in sports. 

It'll take home run hits in the draft, huge fa signings, and a big playoff run to rejuvenate this fan base. I see way more Caps & Nats jerseys around. Furthermore, I don't get anger from fans anymore. It's...apathy. 

7 hours ago, Skins8989 said:

Furthermore, I don't get anger from fans anymore. It's...apathy.

^^This

The opposite of love isn't hate, you actually have to invest some of yourself in order to hate, the opposite is indifference, it's painting over the man cave, it's your kids finding boxes of dusty game gear you don't even explain, it is signed jerseys on a table at Goodwill.

This is what you've done Dan, this is the corpse and carcass of a fanbase that used to bleed B&G but has bled out. But it's ok, you'll bank the cash and tell yourself the same thing said by every abusive parent ever, "I did the best I could".

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

^^This

The opposite of love isn't hate, you actually have to invest some of yourself in order to hate, the opposite is indifference, it's painting over the man cave, it's your kids finding boxes of dusty game gear you don't even explain, it is signed jerseys on a table at Goodwill.

This is what you've done Dan, this is the corpse and carcass of a fanbase that used to bleed B&G but has bled out. But it's ok, you'll bank the cash and tell yourself the same thing said by every abusive parent ever, "I did the best I could".

We, as a fan base, should print this post and mail it to Snyder, a la Andy Dufrense.

Snyder's 19 seasons......six winning ones (three of them at 10-6, which is the best we've done under him), three .500 seasons, and 10 losing seasons (eight of which have been 6-10 or below).

I don't even think a Lombardi will erase my disdain for the erosion so far under his tenure........and I still maintain that I'll turn off the TV once the game ends rather than see him presented with the trophy. 

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

So if Dan wins a Super Bowl, are ya'll still going to hate?

Dan isn't going to win a Super Bowl doing things the way he's been doing them.  He'll first have to bring in some respected folks, let them clean up Ashburn, and only then is a Super Bowl possible.  If that ever happens, the hate will die down naturally.

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dan isn't going to win a Super Bowl doing things the way he's been doing them.  He'll first have to bring in some respected folks, let them clean up Ashburn, and only then is a Super Bowl possible.  If that ever happens, the hate will die down naturally.

I'm not sure that is ever going to happen. An article from about a year ago:

WP: Tired of the Redskins dysfunction? There’s one person to blame.

Oh, every now and then Snyder makes a show of ceding control to an adult professional. But it never lasts long, and he always keeps an enabler by his side, a henchman or spy who reports to the owner’s box and sows internal mischief. He and Vinny Cerrato conspired to undermine every coach with “roster control” who came through the building, while making a series of laughably amateur decisions. Remember drafting Devin Thomas while passing on Jordy Nelson? Bringing in Donovan McNabb to play quarterback for Mike Shanahan?

Three ex-coaches have described to me how Snyder works: He claims publicly to cede authority to the professionals and pretends to be hands off, to avoid the heat and put it on others. But behind the scenes, he names a draft pick, or a high-priced free agent, and asks the coach whether they should go get him. Do you want Albert Haynesworth? We can get Haynesworth. Let’s go to get Haynesworth. Do you want McNabb? We can get McNabb. Let’s go get McNabb. Why wouldn’t you want McNabb?

So now the coach starts sweating. What if he refuses the owner, and doesn’t go after Haynesworth? What if Haynesworth winds up on another team and makes a big play against Washington? Now he’s the guy who passed on Haynesworth. So the coach goes and gets him, and tries to make it work. And that’s how it starts.

Archived