Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dear Dan Snyder: We do not like being fans anymore; we tolerate it

MassSkinsFan

1 minute ago, MarkB452 said:

Beware:  Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering....and (somehow) this leads to the Dark Side.

...this may explain why some Redskins fans become Dallas fans.

There was a time not long ago where I felt really good about the fact that Dallas had an asshat owner and would never threaten one of the usual Redskins fail seasons with Dallas having a good team and doing something of note.  That time has unfortunately passed.  Sad when you have to get excited about an opposing teams player getting suspended to assure the wheels fall off of their season.  By all appearances, Dan and Jerruh are very friendly with one another these days.  I'm sure Jerruh convinces him that Bruce is the right guy for the job and that everything he's done/doing is okay.  With Dan being naïve enough to trust his competition.

21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There was a time not long ago where I felt really good about the fact that Dallas had an asshat owner and would never threaten one of the usual Redskins fail seasons with Dallas having a good team and doing something of note.  

As awful as Jerruh is, I have more respect for him than Dan. He's actually played the game on some level, he's been part of Super Bowl teams, etc., etc. It would suck to have him as our owner. I would RATHER have him as our owner. 

6 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

As awful as Jerruh is, I have more respect for him than Dan. He's actually played the game on some level, he's been part of Super Bowl teams, etc., etc. It would suck to have him as our owner. I would RATHER have him as our owner. 

Sad too because he puts his foot in his mouth on the reg.  Dan probably would too but he's afraid to speak to the meanie media that have tarnished his good name.  :ols:

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sad too because he puts his foot in his mouth on the reg.  Dan probably would to but he's afraid to speak of the meanie media that have tarnished his good name.  :ols:

Another thing I prefer about Jerruh. He actually isn't afraid to stand in front of people and talk, even if he makes an arse of himself. Dan just hides in his spider hole all day. 

2 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Another thing I prefer about Jerruh. He actually isn't afraid to stand in front of people and talk, even if he makes an arse of himself. Dan just hides in his spider hole all day. 

Ultimately, Dan's a sissy.  He wouldn't know how to handle the questions that get fired his way.  Jerruh just shoots from the hip for better or worse.

18 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I dunno about that. I'm not saying I completely disagree with your premise but outside of those "golden years" in the 1990s, the Jerruh-Era in Dallas has been pretty mediocre over all. Sure, they've had way more 11+ win seasons than we've had over the past 25 years (9 to 1) but without Jimmy Johnson and the team he built, they haven't even made it to the NFC Championship which is inexcusable by Dallas Cowboys standards. 

8 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

I dunno about that. I'm not saying I completely disagree with your premise but outside of those "golden years" in the 1990s, the Jerruh-Era in Dallas has been pretty mediocre over all. Sure, they've had way more 11+ win seasons than we've had over the past 25 years (9 to 1) but without Jimmy Johnson and the team he built, they haven't even made it to the NFC Championship which is inexcusable by Dallas Cowboys standards. 

Let's not mistake this for a Jerruh is a Genius party.

The point is that he comes off as a total asshat, but his FO is talented and better than ours.  It would seem his son has some wits about him and stops his dad from getting too crazy. 

None of that means that he's awesome or going to build a dynasty anytime soon.  Just better than Snyder.  Although I'm sure I could do a better job than Snyder and have never been employed in the sports industry.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Let's not mistake this for a Jerruh is a Genius party.

The point is that he comes off as a total asshat, but his FO is talented and better than ours.  It would seem his son has some wits about him and stops his dad from getting too crazy. 

None of that means that he's awesome or going to build a dynasty anytime soon.  Just better than Snyder.  Although I'm sure I could do a better job than Snyder and have never been employed in the sports industry.

Fair enough. And let's admit that under Jerruh, even during those lean years for the Cowboys, the Redskins-Cowboys rivalry sort of lost its luster since it ceased being a "rivalry" and became "at least one guaranteed win for Dallas each year" 

On 2/5/2018 at 10:33 AM, pjfootballer said:

When I was younger (even before the 80s glory days of SBs), I can remember in the late 70s:

1) In the middle of the week, I couldn't wait until 1:00 on Sunday would get here.

2) I couldn't wait to see the schedule come out to see if we were on MNF, which was a real "treat" back then.

3) Getting anything with Redskins on it (pennant, t-shirt, etc.) was also a treat.

4) Couldn't wait for Redskins Sidelines to come on to see which player would be on the show.

5) Always nervous before kickoff, but win or lose, I know the team would play hard and the owner/GM cared.

Now, meh.  :(

Yes - this is how I see the difference. September through January used to be such a great time of year, every year!

Maybe off topic maybe not but i was watching the final 5 minutes of the Monday night Miracle game , you know, Brunnell to moss twice.... Anyway, Im watching and im getting goose bumps witnessing one my favorite comebacks since iv been watching this team ruined by Snyder's obnoxious celebrating in the booth. It was at that moment i realized how much disdain i have for the man and how much i miss Jack Kent Cooke as a owner.

Do you think Dan is aware how much our fanbase dislikes him? Or do you think he lies to himself, or just doesnt give a ****?

On 2/6/2018 at 3:07 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

Also, I am tired of the myth that Dan is a fan of the Redskins.  A real fan would never have been this awful for this long.  They might have made the same initial mistakes but they would've quickly realize they needed to get professionals in here and let them do their jobs.

Dan is a fan of owning the Washington Redskins more than anything else.  He's the big man in D.C. Even the president doesn't have the same cache in D.C. as the owner of the Washington Redskins.  In his 19 years, he's even killed that.

I think he is a genuine fan. I also think he is ignorant, stupid and delusional. That combination isn't especially good for other fans. He basically isn't aware the fans perceive that the team has major problems, couldn't figure out how to fix them even if he did, and likely could never be convinced there was an issue even when presented with evidence. Ugh.

And before anyone chimes in with "but he's a self-made millionaire" please read up on his less than meteoric rise. He got lucky once with help from rich white guys. Everything else he's touched has failed except the Skins, though that is a matter of interpretation.

7 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Do you really think those two would have been successful here? Both of them have been given more tools already than Jay has had. The problem is the guys at the top, starting with Dan. Both guys could have stayed here and it's unlikely they would have been very successful. Dan brings people down to their worst level of performance. It's a gift. 

It's kind of like if you have two plumbers and their two bosses. One plumber gets used tubing cutters, drills, augers, pipe wrenches, etc. at the lowest price their boss can find. while the other gets brand-spanking new voltage detectors, sheet rock saws, circuit breaker finders and electrician's hole saw kits, all at full price from Home Depot. Anyone trying to lead the Redskins to football success is the second plumber.

3 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

Thing is Jerruh's not in charge.  He gave that responsibility to his son, who talked him out of Johnny Football and into I think Zack Martin or one of the other All-Pro linemen that they drafted.

Jerruh owns the team and lets others do their jobs for which they are qualified.  It's a crazy concept.

7 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Maybe off topic maybe not but i was watching the final 5 minutes of the Monday night Miracle game , you know, Brunnell to moss twice.... Anyway, Im watching and im getting goose bumps witnessing one my favorite comebacks since iv been watching this team ruined by Snyder's obnoxious celebrating in the booth. It was at that moment i realized how much disdain i have for the man and how much i miss Jack Kent Cooke as a owner.

Do you think Dan is aware how much our fanbase dislikes him? Or do you think he lies to himself, or just doesnt give a ****?

I  just re-watched this and yes that was very unprofessional behavior for a team owner

Always try to act like you have been here before especially in a professional setting on national television 

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

There were reports that Snyder and his entourage trashed out their suite in Texas Stadium in his first season of owner after a game the Redskins lost. He reportedly also chewed Norv's ass out after the game. 

Thats just immaturity or classless stupidly more than likely a combination of both 

I will always be a Redskins fan. It's the only thing I've ever known, for better or worse.

I firmly believe Dan Snyder wants to win badly and is a big fan. I just don't t think he knows how. He wants to be too involved. At this point, its more of a badly run marketing firm that happens to play football.

He also doesn't endear himself to the fans and isn't visible.

14 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

He will never care until you convince  100,000 people to not go to a game. He doesn't care what you think because  you are still buying merch and watching games . Billionaires aren't concerned with you silly fans 

16 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Sure, they've had way more 11+ win seasons than we've had over the past 25 years (9 to 1) but without Jimmy Johnson and the team he built, they haven't even made it to the NFC Championship which is inexcusable by Dallas Cowboys standards. 

This 9-1 thing is interesting.

I'd like you to inform me of which of the past 25 seasons is the 1 for the Redskins. 

:rofl89:

9 hours ago, hail2skins said:

There were reports that Snyder and his entourage trashed out their suite in Texas Stadium in his first season of owner after a game the Redskins lost. He reportedly also chewed Norv's ass out after the game. 

Hes a straight up asshole

17 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

He's an arrogant egomaniac, the way he's driving this once proud franchise to the grown is a blatant proof of the later imo. :ph34r:

Archived