Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dear Dan Snyder: We do not like being fans anymore; we tolerate it

MassSkinsFan

15 hours ago, beachboy757 said:

Oh. I wasn't trying to say fans were the problem. I guess it was more of an observation. Twitter and IG Redskins fans are very critical of the team to,  but it is more lighthearted. It's just tough seeing so many die hard fans not enjoying the team. Watching this team should be more like an outlet and not another frustration in our lives. Hopefully things turn around soon and yes the board is more lively, funny and entertaining when things are going well. 

This board tends to be a lot more extreme on both ends of the spectrum.  Unfortunately there's just not a lot to be happy about right now.  If Bruce ever gets fired and we get a real GM who absolutely clears house aside from Schaffer, you'll see a much happier board than IG or Facebook. :)

16 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

This board tends to be a lot more extreme on both ends of the spectrum.  Unfortunately there's just not a lot to be happy about right now.  If Bruce ever gets fired and we get a real GM who absolutely clears house aside from Schaffer, you'll see a much happier board than IG or Facebook. :)

I don't think the details matter to 98% of the fans. If next year's team (with Bruce Allen leading football operations) goes 11-5, there will be euphoria in the streets of DC

20 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I do agree, but which worthy GM would want to put up with Snyder ?

43 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't think the details matter to 98% of the fans. If next year's team (with Bruce Allen leading football operations) goes 11-5, there will be euphoria in the streets of DC

Not sure about that when it comes to inconsistency.  The general fanbase loved the GMSM move and the firing of Vinny.  Euphoria will last until we do nothing, again.  Philly winning, I believe, is going to steer things in a more impatient direction since we're now the last team in the division in terms of recent Super Bowls.  There's literally more Super Bowls between XXVI and the next one than there were from the first one to our most recent win.  It's getting deplorable.

41 minutes ago, FrFan said:

I do agree, but which worthy GM would want to put up with Snyder ?

Anyone paid enough with the right language in the contract.

26 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Give up your tickets and get the word out to opposing fans to buy up the tickets. 50,000 opposing fans at FedEx would be hilarious a typical Monday night game.

FTFY :)

56 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I agree that most fans don't care about the details.  If they did, I think there would be enough of a roar to have Bruce removed from office.

You're also right in that if the team wins 11 games for the first time in 27 years, many folks will come out of hiding and perhaps DC would come back to life as far as being considered a Redskins town.  Clock's ticking.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I agree that most fans don't care about the details.  If they did, I think there would be enough of a roar to have Bruce removed from office.

You're also right in that if the team wins 11 games for the first time in 27 years, many folks will come out of hiding and perhaps DC would come back to life as far as being considered a Redskins town.  Clock's ticking.

The clock is most certainly ticking...I'll even go further. I think this town now has somewhat of an adversarial relationship with the team. We've lost a portion of this fan base and I'm not sure even a couple good seasons will bring all of them back. 

Even if Alex Smith leads this team to the Super Bowl in 2018, this place won't reach the fervor there was in the 1980s with that team. We've taken a hit by being irrelevant for a quarter-century and we won't probably ever reach the fan support we had during that decade with Gibbs. 

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The clock is most certainly ticking...I'll even go further. I think this town now has somewhat of an adversarial relationship with the team. We've lost a portion of this fan base and I'm not sure even a couple good seasons will bring all of them back. 

Even if Alex Smith leads this team to the Super Bowl in 2018, this place won't reach the fervor there was in the 1980s with that team. We've taken a hit by being irrelevant for a quarter-century and we won't probably ever reach the fan support we had during that decade with Gibbs. 

I expect many old Skins starter jackets and Zubaz pants to grace the streets of the DMV in the event this team somehow, some way, went to the Super Bowl.  But not enough to ever reach the level of Redskins mania that was the 80's and early 90's.  This team desperately needs a run of consistently good seasons to grow the fanbase with the next generation.  Kids look at the Redskins and their fans like they do a disheveled looking lost dog.  They feel sorry for us.

41 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I expect many old Skins starter jackets and Zubaz pants to grace the streets of the DMV in the event this team somehow, some way, went to the Super Bowl.  But not enough to ever reach the level of Redskins mania that was the 80's and early 90's.  This team desperately needs a run of consistently good seasons to grow the fanbase with the next generation.  Kids look at the Redskins and their fans like they do a disheveled looking lost dog.  They feel sorry for us.

As I've said elsewhere on this forum: I used to catch hell from my classmates in elementary school for wearing my 'Skins jackets. My elementary school was in Alexandria, Virginia in the late 1990s and early 2000s. I can only imagine how tough it must be for the kids now. 

I'll tell ya, though - if the Caps or the Nats do break through their glass ceiling and win a championship, it's gonna be pandemonium. 

Apparently alot of Redskins fans are at the point I was a decade ago. 

I always gave Gibbs the benefit of the doubt (except about Brunell) but never Dan or Vinny otherwise I'd have been done with Snyder's team since he fired Schottenheimer.

When the team buffoons hired Zorn, I knew it was dumb, same with Haynesworth, McNugget, Bumbling Bruce, Shanahan, Haslett, etc. It was Dan Snyder so it just had to be dumb. It takes 0 genius points to predict that whatever decision Snyder makes will turn out to be comically dumb. 

The dude is a living breathing Wile E Coyote cartoon.

I'm with that old guy though, I'll either follow Kirk or just pick a new team like Jax who seem to know what they are doing. Contrary to popular belief it isn't impossible to change a decision that you made when you were 8 years old. I could have just as easily chosen the Falcons or the Steelers back in 1981.

Dan Snyder will never do what it takes for the Redskins to win because he's an idiot, this is proven fact at this point.

Question:

How many team owners in sports history were straight up garbage for 20 years and then suddenly got it together?

I doubt it's a long list but I'd bet that it involved them getting out of the way, which Snyder is incapable of actually doing.

5 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Contrary to popular belief it isn't impossible to change a decision that you made when you were 8 years old.

I don't think it's impossible to change teams after 20+ years of fandom.  I just don't think it's possible to harbor the same level of passion for the next team you choose.  With that said, it's probably more healthy that way.  Because much of the passion I have towards the Redskins leads to anger and disappointment. 

While I see many folks touting that they root for the Redskins and not any one player.  I get that.  For me, there are several Redskins players and coaches that I do like.  What I don't like is Dan Snyder, Bruce Allen and the way they do business.  I've simply hoped that some continuity at QB and coach, along with some bounces that go our way, that we could potentially get hot and go on a run late in the season/postseason.  Almost winning in spite of Dan and Bruce. 

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

We have the rest of Dan Snyder's life. He's 53. We probably have at least 25 more years to wait. I'm about to turn 42, the likeliness I see this in my life is low.

I'm 29 years old. Snyder is 24 years my senior. But as a billionaire, I am convinced he can afford to out live even me.

There is no hope.

On 2/5/2018 at 9:50 AM, MassSkinsFan said:

The answer is: Your failure to address the underlying problems leads to the perpetually bad to mediocre teams we endure. Your inaction is making your fellow fans miserable. We do not like being Redskins fans anymore. We tolerate it.

I don't even think tolerate is the right word.

We have all invested, so much time and energy on this team we are hoping beyond hope that our investment pays off.  Although if this was pretty much any financial stock/company whenever, we would have cut our losses years ago.  We suffer through it.

If time will tell that Shanahan does his thing in SF and rebuilds that team into a long term contender. Then Snyder will go down as being responsible for having BOTH Kyle Shanahan AND McVay and he let em both walk and they go on to have great careers meanwhile we're STILL stuck trying to sniff .500

How funny and long will that joke last if it comes to fruition..

3 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

If time will tell that Shanahan does his thing in SF and rebuilds that team into a long term contender. Then Snyder will go down as being responsible for having BOTH Kyle Shanahan AND McVay and he let em both walk and they go on to have great careers meanwhile we're STILL stuck trying to sniff .500

How funny and long will that joke last if it comes to fruition..

Do you really think those two would have been successful here? Both of them have been given more tools already than Jay has had. The problem is the guys at the top, starting with Dan. Both guys could have stayed here and it's unlikely they would have been very successful. Dan brings people down to their worst level of performance. It's a gift. 

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Do you really think those two would have been successful here? Both of them have been given more tools already than Jay has had. The problem is the guys at the top, starting with Dan. Both guys could have stayed here and it's unlikely they would have been very successful. Dan brings people down to their worst level of performance. It's a gift. 

I have to agree here.  McVay at least got to take got to take over a team that had a lot of talent.

49ers not so much, but they're making at least some moves in the right direction.  I was thinking about their trade up to get Foster (where apparently we were in the mix).  If Snyder/BA were willing to trade KC to 49ers last year, we likely would have had that 2nd rounder they used.  But we really hurt them since they only got Garapolo and how did he look.  Oh....right....

18 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Question:

How many team owners in sports history were straight up garbage for 20 years and then suddenly got it together?

The Steelers were pretty bad from 1933 - 1971...merged with Philly in 1943 as the Steagles and 1944 with Chicago as Card-Pitt.  The Rooney family has owned the team since day 1, but I don't know how much of their management style was responsible for this futility.

Steelers record by year:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/index.htm

Steagles info for 1943:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steagles

Card-Pitt 1944

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Card-Pitt

18 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Because much of the passion I have towards the Redskins leads to anger

Beware:  Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering....and (somehow) this leads to the Dark Side.

fear-is-the-path-to-the-dark-side-fear-l

...this may explain why some Redskins fans become Dallas fans.

Archived