Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dear Dan Snyder: We do not like being fans anymore; we tolerate it

MassSkinsFan

15 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I don't even think a Lombardi will erase my disdain for the erosion so far under his tenure........and I still maintain that I'll turn off the TV once the game ends rather than see him presented with the trophy. 

WTH?  Wait, so if we win a super bowl under Snyder, you'll still hate him to death and refuse to watch him hold the trophy in his hand?  This sounds personal, what do you want besides him selling the team and disappearing into another dimension?

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

WTH?  Wait, so if we win a super bowl under Snyder, you'll still hate him to death and refuse to watch him hold the trophy in his hand?  This sounds personal, what do you want besides him selling the team and disappearing into another dimension?

You think Cowboys fans are thankful at this point that Jerry hoisted 3 SB trophies for them? All it did was give him a false sense of assurance that his way still works. There isn't one Dallas fan that wants to keep him now. Snyder getting us a Lombardi would only instill the same misplaced resolve in Washington that's plagued Arlington for over 2 decades. I want a long term process, something that lasts. Not a SB victory and another 30 years of purgatory.

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

4474065261_4f95455a3d.jpg

;)

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

To be fair, admittedly I can't hate anyone I haven't encountered personally.  However, I've just heard enough stories from folks.......and actually did witness Snyder fail to acknowledge fans at the stadium when they were pretty much just looking for a wave.......that its pretty difficult for me to imagine feeling overly happy for him if the team did win the Super Bowl.  I'd feel great for the team, sure......but not for Snyder. 

43 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

that its pretty difficult for me to imagine feeling overly happy for him if the team did win the Super Bowl.  I'd feel great for the team, sure......but not for Snyder. 

Ditto.

We all see times in sports and even our own professions where folks that do damn near everything wrong end up reaping great benefits from things that worked out in spite of their own contributions.

9 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

You think Cowboys fans are thankful at this point that Jerry hoisted 3 SB trophies for them? All it did was give him a false sense of assurance that his way still works. There isn't one Dallas fan that wants to keep him now. Snyder getting us a Lombardi would only instill the same misplaced resolve in Washington that's plagued Arlington for over 2 decades. I want a long term process, something that lasts. Not a SB victory and another 30 years of purgatory.

IDK, man, dude is in the HOF and I don't think it's fair to say the 3 SBs he won don't matter because of what's going on today, he still got them.  I can understand where you're coming from with Jerry starting to feel himself a little too much around the turn of the century.  If we're putting conditions on how Snyder wins a SB, it really sounds like regardless of what he does or how he gets there, some of ya'll want him gone anyway.

10 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

IDK.  Prior to those three SB's, the Cowboys only had two, so he more than doubled the Lombardis in their trophy case.  He also did that in the early stages of his ownership which set the horrible precedence (only if your a Cowboys fan is it horrible) that led JJ to believe he was a master GM.  Snyder did not have the early fall-into-luck success.  So, for me, if he finally wins a SB after created a true GM-led FO structure and realizes that is the formula for being a winner and learns from it, I would be very happy.  If we luck into one with Bruce Allen and that convinces Snyder that this is the winning formula, I will throw up.

There are a couple scenarios  involving hoisting the Lomabardi trophy that I'd hate to have in my memory banks:

1. The Eagles players and FO celebrations as they hoisted the trophy

2.  Mara grinning away as he held high the trophy

3.  Jerry Jones' surgical grimace as he held high the trophy

4.  Dan Snyder (and or Bruce Allen) beaming as they hold the trophy after the Skins somehow, inexplicably, won the SB -- with no thanks to that the FO had done.

Maybe, I might be able to stomach the sight  if Snyder-Allen had somehow completely reformed and had turned the franchise into a coherent, savvy, winning organization that deserved to be considered a perennial playoff contender.  But it was a case where the Skins somehow lucked into the what everyone thought as a crazy upset, in which the players played way over their heads for this one game -- I couldn't watch Snyder-Allen gushing on and declaring how they'd rebuilt the Redskins into a champion like in the glory years.

(So if the Skins somehow won the Super Bowl, I'd try to skip the parts where they celebrate the owner and team president.)

COMMENT:  I know it's cold to write that, but the Snyder/Allen combo has been like a fungus rotting away the roots of my desire to be a Skins fan.  Slowly, surely, with each passing year, I find less reason to hope that the franchise will ever really return to a championship level/perennial playoff contender.  

It seems that lately -- especially under Allen --  the Skins are content to assemble their team as cheaply as possible, but remembering they need a few "baubles" to keep the product as marketable as possible, and convince the fans that a championship is just around the corner.  And each year, it's getting harder to sip the koolaid and buy all the marketing hype; consequently it's harder to care as much about the franchise as I once did.  And I don't think I'm the only person whose "fandom" is being eroded by these two.

I liken it to watching your favorite restaurant go downhill under new management -- it makes decisions that allow the service to slip, the restaurant decor to decline, the prices go up, the quality of the food slips as management uses a cheaper food supplier and keep going through Chefs very quickly. But they recently set up an open mike night on Sundays to bring you in.  Youve patronized this restaurant for years with your Dad and Uncle, and even know a few of the old-timers that still are there -- but it's not the same now.  So, how long do you keep going there.  ... And how long do you care what happens to it?

Sorry for the long and essentially 'downer' post -- I guess I just have come to accept what Snyder-Allen have done to the franchise, and so I'm just sorting out how long I really want to care what happens to it.

Is London ready for a team? The Jags are poised to be good for a minute, they can stay. 

Send London Snyder and the current Redskins franchise over there. He can rename them as Redcoats or Monarchs or something. In a few years we will get an expansion team called the Redskins with all NA imagery and themes removed. Same colors. We’d keep the history like the Browns did (I think) 

I’d sign up for that in a second. A healthy fresh start for everyone, us fans obviously and for Snyder who has a chance to start again with a fanbase that doesn’t wish he was dead 

Redskins winning a Super Bowl under Snyder is about as likely as me marrying Charlize Theron. AINT NEVER GONNA HAPPEN CHARLIZE!!! Quit calling me. It’s been 19 months!! Damn!

But anyway, if Snyder ever hoists a Lombardi (not the ones that are in Redskins Park) I will give him 5 minutes alone in a shed to do whatever he wants to me with that trophy.

2 hours ago, Dan73 said:

Fans that don't like the owners can always cheer for a team that has an owner they like or make billions of dollars and buy a team.

How much does the FO pay you to post here?  Whatever it is it's not enough.  It's not going to convince anybody otherwise.  Tell your handlers to give you a better script.  If you are someone on a lower totem pole (intern, sales associate for the team), I hope you get a promotion soon, your dignity is hanging in the balance.

2 minutes ago, samy316 said:

How much does the FO pay you to post here?  Whatever it is it's not enough.  It's not going to convince anybody otherwise.  Tell your handlers to give you a better script.  If you are someone on a lower totem pole (intern, sales associate for the team), I hope you get a promotion soon, your dignity is hanging in the balance.

I do not need money. I collect the tears from post like this and extract the salt and sell the water to California farmers.

Thanks and please post more.

15 minutes ago, Dan73 said:

I do not need money. I collect the tears from post like this and extract the salt and sell the water to California farmers.

Thanks and please post more.

On second thought, this post would be something Bruce would say.  Bruce, please get back to work.  Actually, don't go back to work.  Lord knows that the more time you spend away from your post, the more productive you actually are.  Getting into fights with message board posters is not a very productive thing to do, but at least it takes you away from making horrific decisions as an FO executive.  

Try not to do something stupid like place a franchise tag on Kirk.  You don't need to keep on proving that you're the worst GM in football, you already claimed that title years ago.  You could do something useful like planning next fall's Harvest Fest.  Keep on winning off the field, you're making daddy Snyder proud. /S 

3 minutes ago, samy316 said:

On second thought, this post would be something Bruce would say.  Bruce, please get back to work.  Actually, don't go back to work.  Lord knows that the more time you spend away from your post, the more productive you actually are.  Getting into fights with message board posters is not a very productive thing to do, but at least it takes you away from making horrific decisions as an FO executive.  

Try not to do something stupid like place a franchise tag on Kirk.  You don't need to keep on proving that you're the worst GM in football, you already claimed that title years ago.  You could do something useful like planning next fall's Harvest Fest.  Keep on winning off the field, you're making daddy Snyder proud. /S 

I don't know why he dropped 7 million on a new house when he lives rent free in your head.

9 minutes ago, Dan73 said:

I don't know why he dropped 7 million on a new house when he lives rent free in your head.

Not so quick with the tongue are you Bruce.  Along with being a terrible GM, your come backs are weak, and pathetic.  How sad must it be to get into fights with message board posters.  You're hustling backwards.  Instead of trying to bully and demean internet posters, you should be using your propaganda station (980) to pimp out your talking points.  You might still find gullible people willing to buy whatever you're selling.  Judging by how many people listen to that station on a daily basis, you still might be able to pull the wool over dozens of people.

6 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Not so quick with the tongue are you Bruce.  Along with being a terrible GM, your come backs are weak, and pathetic.  How sad must it be to get into fights with message board posters.  You're hustling backwards.  Instead of trying to bully and demean internet posters, you should be using your propaganda station (980) to pimp out your talking points.  You might still find gullible people willing to buy whatever you're selling.  Judging by how many people listen to that station on a daily basis, you still might be able to pull the wool over dozens of people.

It is funny that you believe you warrant any attention from anyone in the Skins FO.

1 minute ago, Dan73 said:

It is funny that you believe you warrant any attention from anyone in the Skins FO.

It wouldn't be the first time it's happened.  It isn't just me either, it's probably the fanbase as a whole that they want to fool.  This message board is owned by the team, and is on the team website.  It doesn't take 2+2 to figure out that equation  Posters like you do warrant suspicion, especially when you try to deflect blame in a Baghdad Bob type of way.  The low post counts are kind of a dead giveaway too.  This is a great message board, and 99% of the posters are smart and knowledgeable.  I just keep my antennas up for posters like you.

2 minutes ago, Dan73 said:

Claiming to be smart while claiming that I work for the Skins is funny.

If you are going to go full nutter how about I am Donald Trump posting to repay a donation.

First, I didn't claim to be smart, just suspicious of the BS you peddle in your posts.  Second, don't bring politics into the discussion.  If you want to get badly outclassed in that category, follow me to the Tailgate.  Otherwise, keep up with the bad work, Bruce.

2 minutes ago, samy316 said:

First, I didn't claim to be smart, just suspicious of the BS you peddle in your posts.  Second, don't bring politics into the discussion.  If you want to get badly outclassed in that category, follow me to the Tailgate.  Otherwise, keep up with the bad work, Bruce.

Thanks for the comic relief.

These posts are like reading a Stuart Smalley daily affirmation.

7 minutes ago, Dan73 said:

Thanks for the comic relief.

These posts are like reading a Stuart Smalley daily affirmation.

By the way, I'm actually giving you the benefit of the doubt.  I assume someone posting as unbalanced, and misinformed as you have been has got to be Bruce Allen posting himself.  If by chance you aren't Bruce, and actually believe in the BS that the FO peddles to the fans, well then you are much dumber than I ever imagined.  My opinion of you would be much lower than if you were Bruce himself.

You've given me plenty to laugh about this afternoon too.  It's better to let people think you're a damn fool, than to open your mouth and actually prove them right.  You've done that plenty the last few days. Just thinking that there could be someone actually buying the crap that's being sold at Redskins Park is laughable enough.

Archived