Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kirk Cousins breaks his silence after Redskins trade for Alex Smith

TK

Todd Haley is gonna do some things with those new offensive weapons he has at his disposal in Cleveland. And those guys are going to draft well, too. It's too bad they didn't opt for Cousins. I kinda wanted him to go there and be part of helping to revive that moribund franchise. I was very surprised, too, that the Browns didn't sign McCarron.

15 hours ago, TK said:

Umm, no.

The thread locks on the 14th at 4pm which is the start of Free Agency, at which point he'll officially be a former Redskin. :)

Since the ES community will beat this dead horse forever, it's good for all involved that you drag what's left of this dead horse away.  No matter what anyone thinks of Cousins, he has put the Redskins and its fan base in the rear view mirror. 

It's time to focus on the future. :) 

I’m curious if the folks clamoring for this thread to die and anxiously counting down to the lock date, are just looking to be saved from themselves?

There are a number of threads that don’t interest me on the forum.  I just don’t open them or actively read them.

I’ve seen some folks comment about how they can’t wait for this thread to die yet they have been very active participants in the thread. :ols:

11 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

He'll be Kirk's back up..or just gonna use tyrod as trade bait on draft day

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m curious if the folks clamoring for this thread to die and anxiously counting down to the lock date, are just looking to be saved from themselves?

There are a number of threads that don’t interest me on the forum.  I just don’t open them or actively read them.

I’ve seen some folks comment about how they can’t wait for this thread to die yet they have been very active participants in the thread. :ols:

Dito...very well said

1 hour ago, skinzplay said:

I was very surprised, too, that the Browns didn't sign McCarron.

I saw an interview with McCarron and he was pretty adamant about being the guy on his next team and not just a bridge.  Cleveland will take a QB in the 1st round so McCarron was more likely to turn them down if he had another option on a team without high draft picks.

12 hours ago, purbeast said:

The "fact" that it was "on him" is not a fact at all, that is an opinion, and I believe what @Veryoldschool is talking about.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2017/01/01/kirk-cousins-future-jay-gruden-washington/96074072/

https://www.hogshaven.com/2016/1/10/10746780/washington-redskins-lose-playoff-game-to-green-bay-packers-35-18

Facts

Where is my opinion......Give it a rest. Kirk Lost those games with his fumbles and INT. The D even Scored!! Kirk kept going 3 and out and turning it over. Even the best spirit is broken when you see no hope because of Kirk's mistakes

Quit trying to rewrite history for your guy.

2 hours ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

He'll be Kirk's back up..or just gonna use tyrod as trade bait on draft day

Why would a team give up the 65th overall pick for a QB if they just intended him to be a backup? There will be plenty of FA guys who could be backups and you don't have to give up a draft pick for. And Tyrod as trade bait? This makes no sense. They already have a ton of picks, why do they need trade bait? And it isn't like he's super valuable trade bate. He's an insurance policy so they will have a semi-decent QB with some experience who can play if their #1 overall or #4 overall rookie isn't ready right off the bat.

The Browns know very well they aren't close to winning a Lombardi right away so they wouldn't really be in a rush to have their new QB step in from day 1. To me that says they'll be picking Darnold or Allen as both of those guys have tremendous attributes and upside but both need a bit more work before stepping in. Rosen is the more sure fire day 1 starter. Let's face it...most likely the Browns simply aren't interested in giving up a king's ransom for Kirk Cousins and don't think it's worth it.

1 hour ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2017/01/01/kirk-cousins-future-jay-gruden-washington/96074072/

https://www.hogshaven.com/2016/1/10/10746780/washington-redskins-lose-playoff-game-to-green-bay-packers-35-18

FACTS FACTS FACTS FACTS

Where is my opinion......Give it a rest. Kirk LOST those games with his fumbles and INT. The D even SCORED!! Kirk kept going 3 and out and turning it over. Even the best spirit is broken when you see no hope because of Kirk's mistakes

Quit trying to rewrite history for your guy.

Here is a link to excercises that will help you learn how to determine facts from opinions.  It doesn't really matter if you don't understand the difference between facts and opinion on a sports message board but failing to be able to distinguish fact from opinion is the express lane to appearing stupid in life.  I am generously pointing this out this educational information for you own good, which of course is an opinion not a fact:

https://www.superteacherworksheets.com/factopinion.html

2 hours ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

I saw an interview with McCarron and he was pretty adamant about being the guy on his next team and not just a bridge.  Cleveland will take a QB in the 1st round so McCarron was more likely to turn them down if he had another option on a team without high draft picks.

McCarron to Denver is starting to make a lot of sense....

Found this interesting, and yes I know there are more variables involved. Kirk

Inside the Red Zone.

2013 50%

2014 59%

2015 63%

2016 47%

2017 52%

Of his 16k yards 8200 were thrown when behind. 50%ish of his yards.

Of his 16k yards 4495 were thrown in the 4th quarter. 28% of his total yards. 

Someone has probably done this. But I was curious and bored.

Based on situational stats and career stats. 

I think he breaks down when put under pressure.....time will tell if it was the team as a whole or KC. I wish him luck but I am glad we let him go. You may now lock this thread.....lol.

HTTR

3 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Here is a link to excercises that will help you learn how to determine facts from opinions.  It doesn't really matter if you don't understand the difference between facts and opinion on a sports message board but failing to be able to distinguish fact from opinion is the express lane to appearing stupid in life.  I am generously pointing this out this educational information for you own good, which of course is an opinion not a fact:

https://www.superteacherworksheets.com/factopinion.html

So throwing an INT/Across the body- in the Red Zone  with just minutes to play is not a fact...I guess I am stupid. I'm done...I made my point

6 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

So throwing an INT/Across the body- in the Red Zone  with just minutes to play is not a fact...I guess I am stupid. I'm done...I made my point

I think he has a point insofar as none of those losses were solely on Kirk so that really isn't a fact, per se and I wouldn't call it one. However I don't think there are many people who can say that in those games Kirk wasn't a very big part of the loss because of overall poor play, INTs, mental mistakes, etc. I think we're being a bit loose with the word "fact" and trying to apply it to things that are more qualitative than quantitative. 

21 hours ago, Birdlives said:

Meanwhile.....

Talib: “Thank You Broncos!” After being traded

Torrey Smith: “Thank You Eagles!” After being traded

Richard Sherman: “Thank You Seahawks!” After being cut

Kirk: “Yay, I’m out ****es! Who wants some of this!” Not yet even a Free Agent

But, you know...

47 minutes ago, BrandonJ83 said:

When he took a knee instead of clocking the ball at the end of the half, I knew then his mental make up was not a top tier QB.

Exactly.......protects himself and doesn't think outside the box. Like Rodgers and the quick snap.

19 minutes ago, PF Chang said:

Talib/Smith/Sherman won Super Bowls with good organizations while the 4th guy on that list, a guy who can get $30M/year, was called Kurt by his GM. 

Smith “won” a super bowl i guess. The same way Brian Hoyer jimmy garappolo “won” a super bowl last year with the patriots :P 

you’re technically correct :) i get the point though ?

If this is true, what happened to visit teams and take his time finding the right fit?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-kirk-cousins-to-sign-with-the-vikings-at-dollar27-plus-million-annually/ar-BBK5wso?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE01DHP

....Now, according to SiriusXM Radio’s Adam Caplan (h/t Zig Fracassi of the same outlet), indications are that Cousins will sign a free agent deal with Minnesota once the market opens up on Wednesday. Said deal is expected to value Cousin at $27-plus million per season.

19 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

If this is true, what happened to visit teams and take his time finding the right fit?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-kirk-cousins-to-sign-with-the-vikings-at-dollar27-plus-million-annually/ar-BBK5wso?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE01DHP

....Now, according to SiriusXM Radio’s Adam Caplan (h/t Zig Fracassi of the same outlet), indications are that Cousins will sign a free agent deal with Minnesota once the market opens up on Wednesday. Said deal is expected to value Cousin at $27-plus million per season.

Wow sounds cheap we are paying captain checkdown almost 22 million after this year 

39 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Would you really be surprised though?  KC has been saying for YEARS that it's not all about the money.

Nope not surprised at all if the Vikings do sign him they will be able to beat philly guaranteed if it’s a rematch next year he’s a great player who will have a running back in cook and solid receivers something he hasn’t had simultaneous here in dc. 

Archived